What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I took drugs my whole career: Andrew Johns

Nook

Bench
Hahha. Old man. Me and Joey are old men then. I dare say we have also had our fair share of c _ _ e s l _ t s as well whilst you trawl scruffy's for pissed up fatpackers. You are all burying your heads in the sand. Go out any Friday or Saturday night to a decent club and it is there. I would go so far as to say that in places like Sapphire or Hugo's upwards of 3/4 of the patrons are on something other than alcohol

Bitter old man.

Ofcourse the drugs are there. We're not stupid enough not to see that. And we're also not stupid enough to fall for seeing your breathtaking little spiel above as anything other than the deluded ramblings of someone way past his prime who really just does not get it.

Nook

Bench
Go up to any girl in one of the flash places and go up to the hottest girl there. At this point utter `we've got a room round the corner and a heap of coke' and within an hour you will be shagging that girl senseless

Imagine if you were 33 and this sort of delusion was the only thing you had to cling to in your life?

brooksy19

Bench
themanonthehill said:
Boys boys boys. It is so out there some of you have no idea. Remember 15 yrs ago you'd meet a girl out, buy her a drink, get a number, maybe go out that week, nail her etc ? It's a new ball game now. Go up to any girl in one of the flash places and go up to the hottest girl there. At this point utter `we've got a room round the corner and a heap of coke' and within an hour you will be shagging that girl senseless ... even if you have 4 heads, a fat gut and a plush pile back. The world has changed and some of you dinosaurs have no idea what it's like out there.

Footballers get the coke thrown at them and with the coke comes the girls. We would all be doing it in their position. The only doomsayers are those still buying bourbons for women at kicks nightclub in parra leagues.

#-o

I don't want a girl that does coke and If thats what I gotta do to pull a hottie, no thanks.

You're an Idiot mate.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
tbh I did e because I thought it would be fun. It was fun. I've never done it since though cos I don't have the hook-ups :(

Smoked sh*tloads of weed. Good times. The missus says I'm not allowed now, so I stopped

Still get drunk whenever I can (not that often), same sh*t different drug

Hasn't affected my life at all. It's just not a big deal imo. From Johns' perspective, I'll bet his depression is the real issue here, and drug taking just a minor symptom of it.

Actually, the fact the best player in the world was able to take drugs and still perform kinda undermines a lot of the overblown anti-drug education :sarcasm:

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
themanonthehill said:
Hahha. Old man. Me and Joey are old men then. I dare say we have also had our fair share of c _ _ e s l _ t s as well whilst you trawl scruffy's for pissed up fatpackers. You are all burying your heads in the sand. Go out any Friday or Saturday night to a decent club and it is there. I would go so far as to say that in places like Sapphire or Hugo's upwards of 3/4 of the patrons are on something other than alcohol

lol great stuff

100% true

Not right or wrong, just true

Cling to ? Hahahah. I'm telling you how the world works you clown. What goes on in the joints you can't get into because you're wearing desert boots with your VB polo and holding take aways from Liquor Mart Seven Hills. It is everywhere. And footballers from every club are doing it. Anyone who believes otherwise is naive in the extreme.

I could give you a list of players I have seen out off their heads. Chewing gum, pupils like saucers, grinding teeth, dancing by themselves, sweating their heads off. Let me tell you you are more likely to find these players in a Rep Match program than you are among the teams in this week's VB Premier League section

JoeD

First Grade
Well said TH. I think that a lot of current players are going to be mightily pissed off if tougher drug testing comes in because of this.

brooksy19 said:
#-o

I don't want a girl that does coke and If thats what I gotta do to pull a hottie, no thanks.

You're an Idiot mate.

Hahaha. You want a girl to love you for you.
Admirable
Misguided, but admirable
As Jack Nicklaus said
`the scorecard only asks how many, not how'

Nook

Bench
TH

No one is denying that that is true or that some of the things you say don't have merit.

But there's a huge leap between observing reality/justifying individual drug use and spewing the kind of horsesh*t we say from themanonthehill above.

brooksy19

Bench
What a sad state of affairs the world is if what ManOnTheHole thinks is acceptable is true though, probably the same types who like to spike drinks, but Hey, if thats what it takes to pull a hottie..

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
themanonthehill said:
Cling to ? Hahahah. I'm telling you how the world works you clown. What goes on in the joints you can't get into because you're wearing desert boots with your VB polo and holding take aways from Liquor Mart Seven Hills. It is everywhere. And footballers from every club are doing it. Anyone who believes otherwise is naive in the extreme.

I could give you a list of players I have seen out off their heads. Chewing gum, pupils like saucers, grinding teeth, dancing by themselves, sweating their heads off. Let me tell you you are more likely to find these players in a Rep Match program than you are among the teams in this week's VB Premier League section

:lol: :lol: :lol:

*wild applause*

Hallatia

Referee
anybody can tell you that recreational drug taking and depression are not a good mix, particularly if you are being treated for depression, even worse with Joey's alcoholism problems. That sort of mix is a quick way to kill yourself, athough I am not sure if Joey was taking anything for his depression

brooksy19

Bench
themanonthehill said:
Hahaha. You want a girl to love you for you.
Admirable
Misguided, but admirable
As Jack Nicklaus said
`the scorecard only asks how many, not how'

Maybe the chicks your into go for the cociane, junkie, addict types, but most girls I know don't want a bar of that mate. Maybe get of Kings Cross for a night or two.

All your constant ramblings on the Tigers forum make sense now, your highly influenced by the sh*t you took the night before to go with your glow sticks and popped collar.

Nook

Bench
Cling to ? Hahahah.

You have a kind of sad desperation in your laugh.

I'm telling you how the world works you clown.

And I'm telling you that you are deluded.

What goes on in the joints you can't get into because you're wearing desert boots with your VB polo and holding take aways from Liquor Mart Seven Hills.

lol

I was in the Cross last weekend with a group of very hot girls (way out of my league) - if some fat bald nuffie in his 30s approached them and said "i've got coke" every single one of them would have laughed at how sad and pathetic it was.

It is everywhere. And footballers from every club are doing it. Anyone who believes otherwise is naive in the extreme.

And exactly where am I denying any of that, slowcoach?

All I'm disputing (although to be honest it is barely worthy of it) is your sad initial post/fantasy.

Just watching the Joey thing
`I haven't slept for days'
`I haven't eaten for days'
:)
I thought that was normal after a big Saturday night.
Not to mention the cost savings in maccas meals you need not buy on the way home because food isn't on the agenda until Tuesday
I only know of one notable exception to this no eating edict ...

brooksy19 said:
Maybe the chicks your into go for the cociane, junkie, addict types, but most girls I know don't want a bar of that mate. Maybe get of Kings Cross for a night or two.

All your constant ramblings on the Tigers forum make sense now, your highly influenced by the sh*t you took the night before to go with your glow sticks and popped collar.

The point of all this brooksy is that coke and E do not have a junkie culture. Coke is way too expensive to spawn junkies and E's are a weekend drug that wear off in a few hours. The whole issue is that you can get to the top of a sporting field, high flying office job, singing, acting, musician etc by doing a decent amount of coke or E. Surely this in itself proves it is not all that detrimental to one functioning at their best in society in a range of fields

As for glow sticks, anyone who has them that is over 19 needs shooting.

And brooksy don't think it is the odd player. There are a few at every club, in every top 25 who'd be doing it.

Do you get tested at work. Does Gallop ? Does Wilson ? Does Morris Iemma ?Does Johnny Howard ? Does Noel Gallagher ? Footballers are only subjected to it because the have a pissweak players union who accept and who also accept News Ltd/FoxSports grossly underpaying for TV rights

yobbo84

Coach
Is it any wonder themanonthehill is on drugs when he has to be subjected the sh*t dished out by his useless club on the weekend :lol:

brooksy19

Bench
yobbo84 said:
Is it any wonder themanonthehill is on drugs when he has to be subjected the sh*t dished out by his useless club on the weekend :lol:

Christ, you must of had around 100 overdoses over the past 20 years if that's the criteria.

Latest posts