What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I took drugs my whole career: Andrew Johns

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
themanonthehill said:
Cling to ? Hahahah. I'm telling you how the world works you clown. What goes on in the joints you can't get into because you're wearing desert boots with your VB polo and holding take aways from Liquor Mart Seven Hills. It is everywhere. And footballers from every club are doing it. Anyone who believes otherwise is naive in the extreme.

I could give you a list of players I have seen out off their heads. Chewing gum, pupils like saucers, grinding teeth, dancing by themselves, sweating their heads off. Let me tell you you are more likely to find these players in a Rep Match program than you are among the teams in this week's VB Premier League section

Lol I wonder if you've seen the same blokes out on it that I have... I hung up the clubbing boots a couple of years back but it was a great time... and I'll bet that privately Joey isn't actually regretting much of it.

yobbo84 said:
Is it any wonder themanonthehill is on drugs when he has to be subjected the sh*t dished out by his useless club on the weekend :lol:

I have it on good authority T Sheens is under the influence of something each Tuesday @ 4.00pm when he names spastics likes Fitzy and Morris. Every f**king week. It's the only straw I have left to clutch

brooksy19

Bench
themanonthehill said:
The point of all this brooksy is that coke and E do not have a junkie culture. Coke is way too expensive to spawn junkies and E's are a weekend drug that wear off in a few hours. The whole issue is that you can get to the top of a sporting field, high flying office job, singing, acting, musician etc by doing a decent amount of coke or E. Surely this in itself proves it is not all that detrimental to one functioning at their best in society in a range of fields

As for glow sticks, anyone who has them that is over 19 needs shooting.

And brooksy don't think it is the odd player. There are a few at every club, in every top 25 who'd be doing it.

Do you get tested at work. Does Gallop ? Does Wilson ? Does Morris Iemma ?Does Johnny Howard ? Does Noel Gallagher ? Footballers are only subjected to it because the have a pissweak players union who accept and who also accept News Ltd/FoxSports grossly underpaying for TV rights

Well its just areal shame that these people think they need chemicals filtering/frying their brain, to enjoy life and a night out. The effects on the brain and central nervous system are well documented and Mr Big drug dealer/manufacturer doesn't give a sh*t how many people they kill, just as long as the make their squillions.

But this is not really the forum for this discussion, just a shame their are people out there
who's attitude to drugs will never change until its all too late.

SpaceMonkey said:
Lol I wonder if you've seen the same blokes out on it that I have... I hung up the clubbing boots a couple of years back but it was a great time... and I'll bet that privately Joey isn't actually regretting much of it.

It's a better scene you are right and deep down Johns wouldn't be regretting the times he had whilst out. The difference is that in a stock standard pub one bloke bumping into another can be the cue for an all in ... in a club an accident like that usually just results in a smile, thumbs up and a `don't worry' .. no dramas no violence.

I would dare say clubbing environments are far safer than a place where everyone is just blind drunk, especially for players who'd be the target of a pissed up bloke making a hero of himself

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
brooksy19 said:
Christ, you must of had around 100 overdoses over the past 20 years if that's the criteria.

Mate did you ever wonder why there are always junkies hanging around redfern station?

Blind Freddy

Juniors
The man on the hill is just telling it how it is. lol at the people shooting him for it

If you are so anti drugs, burn all the cd's you own (well all the good ones) because most of the good performers and songwriters were trashed when they wrote the stuff. The guys who produce, or are managers of the performers are loaded up on the stuff too.

There would just be tonnes of the stuff at the ARIA's or the Logies ceromonies its not funny. Lawyers, doctors, investment types all on the stuff too.

Why all the outrage when a dude that just plays footy is cashed up and has alot of spare time does it the world seems to cave in? But the other jobs that are vital to society go free and we turn a blind eye.

Johnsy would have loved every second while he was pingin, It's just now he screwed up and got caught that he's started hating it. The real underlying issue is his depression and the ways he deals with it.

brooksy19 said:
Well its just areal shame that these people think they need chemicals filtering/frying their brain, to enjoy life and a night out. The effects on the brain and central nervous system are well documented and Mr Big drug dealer/manufacturer doesn't give a sh*t how many people they kill, just as long as the make their squillions.

But this is not really the forum for this discussion, just a shame their are people out there
who's attitude to drugs will never change until its all too late.

And of course there are no long term side effects of binge drinking. Please. MDMA has been around since between the 2 world wars. The side effects are many and include:
- chewing the inside of your mouth
- sweating
- dancing like a spastic
- grinning
- telling women they have stunning shoes/handbags/belt buckles/nails
It'll be the death of society

Blind Freddy

Juniors
themanonthehill said:
And of course there are no long term side effects of binge drinking. Please. MDMA has been around since between the 2 world wars. The side effects are many and include:
- sweating
- dancing like a spastic
- grinning

add hugs to the list.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Blind Freddy said:
The man on the hill is just telling it how it is. lol at the people shooting him for it

If you are so anti drugs, burn all the cd's you own (well all the good ones) because most of the good performers and songwriters were trashed when they wrote the stuff. The guys who produce, or are managers of the performers are loaded up on the stuff too.

There would just be tonnes of the stuff at the ARIA's or the Logies ceromonies its not funny. Lawyers, doctors, investment types all on the stuff too.

Too right. The bulk of recreational drug use in Sydney isn't by deperate junkies in Redfern and Cabramatta, it's by city types with white collar jobs and fat wallets.

brooksy19

Bench
themanonthehill said:
- sweating
- dancing like a spastic
- grinning

:lol: out of all the effects of EXTREME drinking you picked dancing like a spastic which i can do sober just fine), sweating (yeah, real bad side effect), grinning ( Man i hate grinning) and picking up a fattie.. Extreme drinking will cause major damage to your liver and brain. Pills chock fill of sometimes unknown chemicals can kill you in one hit.

There has been one ecstasy death in Sydney. Anna Wood. That NEwport girl after good vibes was not an Eccy death. That was PMA. The amount societies and governments spend on the enforcement of ecstasy supply is farcical. And it doesn't control supply at all. Anyone who wants a pill this weekend will have one. Supply is hardly dented by law enforcement.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
themanonthehill said:
There has been one ecstasy death in Sydney. Anna Wood. That NEwport girl after good vibes was not an Eccy death. That was PMA. The amount societies and governments spend on the enforcement of ecstasy supply is farcical. And it doesn't control supply at all. Anyone who wants a pill this weekend will have one. Supply is hardly dented by law enforcement.

Even in Anna Wood's case she died because she overhydrated, not due to the effects of MDMA itself... something that would have been avoided if her and her freinds had been a bit more knowledgeable about what they were doing. Death directly due to the effects of MDMA is practically unheard of.

_Johnsy

Referee
CliffyIsGod said:
He didn't put his hand up. He got caught. Pathetic idiot.

So I expect you will be going to the local cop shop and letting them know each and every time you exceeded the speed limit by 5 km/h, did not indicate when changing lanes, drove with your arm or part thereof out the window, did not come to a complete stop at any stop sign.

Hypocrite :roll: :roll:

Dogaholic

First Grade
SpaceMonkey said:
Even in Anna Wood's case she died because she overhydrated, not due to the effects of MDMA itself... something that would have been avoided if her and her freinds had been a bit more knowledgeable about what they were doing. Death directly due to the effects of MDMA is practically unheard of.

So by your reckoning...

Alcohol related deaths are not actually related to alcohol. It is due to lack of knowledge on how to consume it safely?

_Johnsy

Referee
VictorTheViking said:
What I dont understand is the people defending it.....there is no excuse for taking illegal drugs, no matter who you are.

Vic

I am yet to see anyone condoning what joey has done, I think some posters have taken exception to this being a simple situation as some would have you believe. In my experiences anyone who suffers from mental ilness, alcohol addiction, and drugs taking, there are many, many, many issues that underlie the problems that are now public for joey.

gregstar

Referee
a lot of talent
a lot of money
a lot of spare time
a lot of hero worshippers & yes men

not a lot up top.

he's done well to get so far.

hopefully he'll get whatever help is required to overcome the obstacle & hopefully other players will get help or a wakeup call.

goboggo

Juniors
VictorTheViking said:
What I dont understand is the people defending it.....there is no excuse for taking illegal drugs, no matter who you are.
There might be no excuses, but there's reasons.

Reason 1 - They're fun.

Reason 2 - see reason 1.

borat

Bench
0,,5634497,00.jpg

Dont know if this pic has been posted yet, aparently taken at the Church on the day he was busted

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,22339051-5001021,00.html

I know there can be other contributing factors johnsy, but like I said (or tried to), that doesnt excuse the fact that he admitted to taking illegal drugs for years, no excuse for it regardless of personal problems.

Latest posts