What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I took drugs my whole career: Andrew Johns

_Johnsy

Referee
Mr. Fahrenheit said:
f**k YOU

f**kL YOU

WORST POSSIBLE TIMING YOU SELFISH DICK

:evil:

Mr Farenheit
So he is selfish for coming clean or using drugs ?

those in glass houses.......... from personal experience.

Mr Saab

Referee
This is a massive wakeup call for all the other players out there.
Andrew Johns, the greatest (in many peoples eyes) player has been exposed (or he came clean, however you want to take it).

If other players out there want to run the gauntlet for the sake of a nice buzz for a few hrs
and risk their careers then they deserve zero sympathy. The risks of being caught totally outweigh the "rewards" of seeing pink elephants.

Look at Craig Field. On a big contract with the Tigers, he gets caught and now look at him...playing park football and is allegedly the mastermind to an armed robbery at the club he worked at.

The Beatles are sh*t as well given they did Sgt Peppers whilst off their heads on LSD whilst they recorded it ... same logic a lot of you morons are using

_Johnsy

Referee
let us not forget he is human, same as you and me. How many people use/or have used recreational drugs who are suppossed pillars of the community ?

Teachers, politicians, solicitors/lawyers, fire fighters/ambos/police, local councillors, local business leaders, entertainers, sportsmen/women ?

Or is this different because he is andrew johns ?

Hallatia

Referee
themanonthehill said:
The Beatles are sh*t as well given they did Sgt Peppers whilst off their heads on LSD whilst they recorded it ... same logic a lot of you morons are using
haha, my brother stopped listening to the beatles hen he found out how into drugs they were

by the way, we (society) are a lot more accepting of substance abuse from musicians and actor than we are from elite athletes

Azkatro

First Grade
_Johnsy said:
let us not forget he is human, same as you and me.
And I didn't do drugs for 14 years. If I had, I'd expect to be lambasted by the general community and laughed off as a druggo. He deserves all the support he can get of course, but he can't expect everyone to be supportive of him. And neither can you!

_Johnsy

Referee
Azkatro said:
And I didn't do drugs for 14 years. If I had, I'd expect to be lambasted by the general community and laughed off as a druggo. He deserves all the support he can get of course, but he can't expect everyone to be supportive of him. And neither can you!

I was not making a direct reference, i was simply implying he is human and has made a massive mistake/fugg up. He had not taken drugs for 14 years, he took them in the off season and a couple of times during the season.

Surely everyone is allowed to make a mistake, the next year or so will show us the true fibre of the man. I am not expecting everyone to be supportive of him, just be a bit more realistic in their evaluations.

What is worse, him using recreational drugs or a news ltd journo being a repeat offender for drink driving? Tell me the difference in the media circus around the two instances.

Hallatia said:
haha, my brother stopped listening to the beatles hen he found out how into drugs they were

by the way, we (society) are a lot more accepting of substance abuse from musicians and actor than we are from elite athletes

And why should we be ? It's ok for actors, musos, investment bankers, tv presenters, singers, stockbrokers but everyone hops up on the moral high horse if a footballer does it

sherrinator

Juniors
If everyone here who have taken a drug at any point would speak up, i would expect at least 70% to admit it. if not, then some have lived extremely sheltered lives. raider_69, just because you haven't had life experiences like most of us, it doesn't mean that you have some sort of moral high ground. your ignorance astounds me.

Dutchy

Immortal
raider_69, just because you haven't had life experiences like most of us, it doesn't mean that you have some sort of moral high ground. your ignorance astounds me

I think you will find R69 has said in another thread he has had bad experiences with it in the past.

Azkatro

First Grade
sherrinator said:
If everyone here who have taken a drug at any point would speak up, i would expect at least 70% to admit it. if not, then some have lived extremely sheltered lives. raider_69, just because you haven't had life experiences like most of us, it doesn't mean that you have some sort of moral high ground. your ignorance astounds me.
We all have different values. It seems to me that you think "trying" drugs is ok because it's a life experience. I call it a stupid thing that weak people do because they make a mistake, or they're hiding from something, or it's an easy way out. I don't think I've missed out because I've never taken drugs. You think otherwise.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
sherrinator said:

And how does that change anything?

f**k you druggos are wankers.

salivor

First Grade
My 2 cents:
I don't condone drug taking but I'm not going to crucify Andrew Johns. I think it's absolutely ridiculous that we test and ban players for recreational drugs that players clearly aren't using for performance enhancing purposes. He's stupid and put his whole career at risk by taking it during his playing days but IMO he and all players shouldn't be put in that position to start off with.

Re the Knights knowing. There's no way anything will be done, every club in-house tests and I don't think that's a can of worms that the NRL wants to open. You can guarantee that Andrew Johns isn't the only player out there who's club knew he was taking a banned substance or had tested positive to a banned substance in-house and had it swept under the carpet.

Hallatia

Referee
sherrinator said:
I have sufferred clinical depression but I have never taken drugs (illegal ones anyway). Even if most of these people have tried drugs at some point, I doubt that those speaking up would have been taking drugs for 12 years, Joey admittedly has. I also doubt that any of thse people are role models to millions of chldren, Joey is. I am 17 so I do not have any children, but I have plenty of younger siblings and how are they supposed to respond to this? they hardly know what drugs are, all they know is "drugs are bad" it's hard enough to teach kids about things like this without people they idolise distorting the message.

Boys boys boys. It is so out there some of you have no idea. Remember 15 yrs ago you'd meet a girl out, buy her a drink, get a number, maybe go out that week, nail her etc ? It's a new ball game now. Go up to any girl in one of the flash places and go up to the hottest girl there. At this point utter `we've got a room round the corner and a heap of coke' and within an hour you will be shagging that girl senseless ... even if you have 4 heads, a fat gut and a plush pile back. The world has changed and some of you dinosaurs have no idea what it's like out there.

Footballers get the coke thrown at them and with the coke comes the girls. We would all be doing it in their position. The only doomsayers are those still buying bourbons for women at kicks nightclub in parra leagues.

Azkatro

First Grade
themanonthehill said:
Boys boys boys. It is so out there some of you have no idea. Remember 15 yrs ago you'd meet a girl out, buy her a drink, get a number, maybe go out that week, nail her etc ? It's a new ball game now. Go up to any girl in one of the flash places and go up to the hottest girl there. At this point utter `we've got a room round the corner and a heap of coke' and within an hour you will be shagging that girl senseless ... even if you have 4 heads, a fat gut and a plush pile back. The world has changed and some of you dinosaurs have no idea what it's like out there.

Footballers get the coke thrown at them and with the coke comes the girls. We would all be doing it in their position. The only doomsayers are those still buying bourbons for women at kicks nightclub in parra leagues.
There are no words ... if that's your world mate then good luck to you. But something tells me stories like that rarely end with "happily ever after".

Nook

Bench

There's nothing sadder than a sad old man who thinks he knows how the new world works.

Dogaholic

First Grade
What makes someone who chooses to steer clear of drugs sheltered? I for one have not tried any, the mere thought of it disgusts me. I don't think that I have been sheltered from it all. My 2nd cousin was on drugs. I have seen drugs tear his family apart.

You do not need to be a user to know or see the effects.

Hahha. Old man. Me and Joey are old men then. I dare say we have also had our fair share of c _ _ e s l _ t s as well whilst you trawl scruffy's for pissed up fatpackers. You are all burying your heads in the sand. Go out any Friday or Saturday night to a decent club and it is there. I would go so far as to say that in places like Sapphire or Hugo's upwards of 3/4 of the patrons are on something other than alcohol

Nook

Bench
You do not need to be a user to know or see the effects.

I don't think the people who really get into the drugs scene see the effects. It's the people around them who get it.

Latest posts