What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I took drugs my whole career: Andrew Johns

Raider_69

Post Whore
sherrinator said:
If everyone here who have taken a drug at any point would speak up, i would expect at least 70% to admit it. if not, then some have lived extremely sheltered lives. raider_69, just because you haven't had life experiences like most of us, it doesn't mean that you have some sort of moral high ground. your ignorance astounds me.

:lol: Dont pretend like you know me mate, my stance on drugs is based on life experience. Ive done drugs, ive been around drugs my entire life, ive seen the impact it has one peoples lives, not justy the users, but those around them. Perants, siblings, friends, signifcant others, children... Ive probably had more life experience then 90% of people my age... so take you're assumptions and shove em fair up you're arse

perverse

Referee
Raider_69 said:
:lol: Dont pretend like you know me mate, my stance on drugs is based on life experience. Ive done drugs, ive been around drugs my entire life, ive seen the impact it has one peoples lives, not justy the users, but those around them. Perants, siblings, friends, signifcant others, children... Ive probably had more life experience then 90% of people my age... so take you're assumptions and shove em fair up you're arse
that's such an arrogent statement.. not to mention presumptuous. i think you'd be very surprised at the life experience of todays average youth. it's a f**ked world we live in.

Raider_69

Post Whore
i based that off the company i keep perverse, nothing more.
yes its a f**ked world we live in. The point being just because someone is staunchly against drug use, doesnt mean they lack life experience. Shocking i know

brooksy19

Bench
borat said:
0,,5634497,00.jpg

Dont know if this pic has been posted yet, aparently taken at the Church on the day he was busted

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,22339051-5001021,00.html

:lol: FMD, that bloke on the left looks like a tranny.

perverse

Referee
Raider_69 said:
i based that off the company i keep perverse, nothing more.
yes its a f**ked world we live in. The point being just because someone is staunchly against drug use, doesnt mean they lack life experience. Shocking i know
quite the inverse actually isn't it? many ex-users are staunchly against drug use. many are staunchly for it.. i think it comes down to the individual - what environment they used in.. whether it was self medication.. recreation.. other.. actually there are so many factors.. which is the exact reason why this issue is anything but black and white.

borat

Bench
Heads are seriously going to roll in Newcastle over this

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/news/joeys-club-doctor-i-knew/2007/08/31/1188067338460.html

Newcastle club doctor Neil Halpin joined Herald columnist and former coach Roy Masters by saying he too has long known former Australian captain Andrew Johns was a drug taker.
Halpin admitted to knowing of Andrew Johns' drug use for five years.
In a stunning admission, the first from a Newcastle official since Johns claimed the club knew of his behaviour last night, Halpin said he had been helping treat the player for some time over his alcohol, drug and health issues.
Andrew Johns admitted on television last night to longstanding drug and alcohol use,'' Halpin said in a statement.
"I have been aware of this since 2002.
"I have treated Andrew for many years not only for his football injuries but I have coordinated the management of his drug and alcohol abuse."
"I have personally spent many hours with him assisting him as far as possible with this and related issues.
"His abuse has related to so-called recreational drugs and there is no evidence whatsoever that he has ever used any performance-enhancing substances.''

Rexxy

Coach
I believe he's already agreed to terms, coaching at St George

gregstar said:
a lot of talent
a lot of money
a lot of spare time
a lot of hero worshippers & yes men

not a lot up top.

he's done well to get so far.

hopefully he'll get whatever help is required to overcome the obstacle & hopefully other players will get help or a wakeup call.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Dogaholic said:
So by your reckoning...

Alcohol related deaths are not actually related to alcohol. It is due to lack of knowledge on how to consume it safely?

I'd make a distiction between Alcohol related deaths and deaths directly caused by alcohol. The former would be someone who gets blind drunk and staggers into the road and gets run over by a car, the latter would be someone who actually dies from alcoholic poisoning.
Anna Woods death was ecstasy related, but it's wrong to single it out as it's really in the same class as other deaths by misadventure where drugs were involved, for example a few years ago a bloke fell off the top terrace balcony at home nightclub when he was off his face and died.

SpaceMonkey said:
I'd make a distiction between Alcohol related deaths and deaths directly caused by alcohol. The former would be someone who gets blind drunk and staggers into the road and gets run over by a car, the latter would be someone who actually dies from alcoholic poisoning.
Anna Woods death was ecstasy related, but it's wrong to single it out as it's really in the same class as other deaths by misadventure where drugs were involved, for example a few years ago a bloke fell off the top terrace balcony at home nightclub when he was off his face and died.

Mate give them the Anna Wood one. One death in 13 years. Then think how many do it each weekend. The rate is miniscule. These are the same clowns that would be scared of flying despite air travel being safer than travelling in a car. Anna Wood is all they have to hang their `ecstasy is evil hat on'

In all of this there has been one important side effect of ecstasy we have all forgot to mention:
`you cannot cum on a blow job'

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
themanonthehill said:
In all of this there has been one important side effect of ecstasy we have all forgot to mention:

Too right, it DOES have a downside!!!

perverse

Referee
themanonthehill said:

that sucks.

heh.

Blake

Juniors
Haha he looks well pickled.

"Someone put the pill in my pocket..."

That is the lamest excuse I've ever heard. Looks like someone forgot to put your brain in to Joey.

ToiletDuck

Juniors
In response to a few comments regarding 'breaking the law'..and a few who have over-reacted and said 'how can you compare burning dvd's and taking drugs in the same sentence?!?!'....well in truth, they aren't so far apart.

The problem many of you have with it, is the stigma of the word 'drug' and then the 'who gives a sh*t' opinion you associate with burning dvd's...taping programs etc.

Yes it's illegal, but he isn't dealing, and he isn't harming anyone but himself, so WHY you're all so uptight and concerned about him breaking the law and E being illegal, is beyond me. It doesn't affect you, it didn't even affect the people directly in contact with him. Had he not been caught, noone would have known (like most things in this world).

Also, anyone who thinks this is some new problem, that suddenly becomes 'real' because you see it on tv...well you really did grow up in cardboard boxes. Although that's how many prefer to live...*as long as the paper doesn't say so..it isn't so*. But that's ok, because it helps you sleep at night.

Secondly, anyone who knows sh*t all about depression, don't even comment, because you know f**k all.

Get off Johns' back, he may have done wrong (but it isn't the end of the world), he hasn't done anything to affect you...he's a member of the population and he made mistakes, same with most of us.

melon....

Coach
What did Melon tell you fools all those years ago?

Newcastle fans almost murdered me...but I was right....Again.

As for Joe "Es are good" Johns....poor baby...karma's a bitch.

perverse

Referee
ToiletDuck said:
In response to a few comments regarding 'breaking the law'..and a few who have over-reacted and said 'how can you compare burning dvd's and taking drugs in the same sentence?!?!'....well in truth, they aren't so far apart.

The problem many of you have with it, is the stigma of the word 'drug' and then the 'who gives a sh*t' opinion you associate with burning dvd's...taping programs etc.

Yes it's illegal, but he isn't dealing, and he isn't harming anyone but himself, so WHY you're all so uptight and concerned about him breaking the law and E being illegal, is beyond me. It doesn't affect you, it didn't even affect the people directly in contact with him. Had he not been caught, noone would have known (like most things in this world).

Also, anyone who thinks this is some new problem, that suddenly becomes 'real' because you see it on tv...well you really did grow up in cardboard boxes. Although that's how many prefer to live...*as long as the paper doesn't say so..it isn't so*. But that's ok, because it helps you sleep at night.

Secondly, anyone who knows sh*t all about depression, don't even comment, because you know f**k all.

Get off Johns' back, he may have done wrong (but it isn't the end of the world), he hasn't done anything to affect you...he's a member of the population and he made mistakes, same with most of us.
lol... tomorrows daily telegraph headline: "Sonny Bill Williams Caught Burning J-Lo CD's!"

Latest posts