What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I took drugs my whole career: Andrew Johns

ToiletDuck

Juniors
perverse said:
lol... tomorrows daily telegraph headline: "Sonny Bill Williams Caught Burning J-Lo CD's!"

Haha well, it's more likely to be "SBW arrested for knocking some guy out for suggesting he liked J-Lo CD's!"

Mr Saab

Referee
Knights.jpg

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
What sh*ts me is if he was caught speeding or drink driving there would probably be much less of an uproar- yet both of those acts recklessly endager the lives of others, and as such are much worse offences in my view.

gregstar

Referee
how much crime, particularly theft is drug related?

drugs are a serious issue.

but now it is so prevalent that society has pretty much given up.

perverse

Referee
ToiletDuck said:
Haha well, it's more likely to be "SBW arrested for knocking some guy out for suggesting he liked J-Lo CD's!"
chortle! :lol:

no really dude i agree with you - theres a big stigma that follows the word "drug" around - totally agree with all facets of your post 100%.

gregstar

Referee
SpaceMonkey said:
What sh*ts me is if he was caught speeding or drink driving there would probably be much less of an uproar- yet both of those acts recklessly endager the lives of others, and as such are much worse offences in my view.
true.

i was disgusted with the way saints handled the wes banana incident - that guy should have been rissoled.

ToiletDuck

Juniors
perverse said:
chortle! :lol:

no really dude i agree with you - theres a big stigma that follows the word "drug" around - totally agree with all facets of your post 100%.

Cheers, unfortunately, not alot of thought goes into many other posts...mostly consisting of how little respect they have left etc...

perverse

Referee
ToiletDuck said:
Cheers, unfortunately, not alot of thought goes into many other posts...mostly consisting of how little respect they have left etc...
the thing is its easier for many other people to let the government and the media do their thinking for them. that way they can just cruise along with the moral majority and never have a care in the world. of course i am generalising and a lot of people do have genuine experience with an issue and still agree with the moral majority. not just regarding drugs - regarding any issue in society.

in short - we're a bunch of sheep.

lockyrulz

Juniors
perverse said:
the thing is its easier for many other people to let the government and the media do their thinking for them. that way they can just cruise along with the moral majority and never have a care in the world. of course i am generalising and a lot of people do have genuine experience with an issue and have negative feedback - however what they refuse to accept is that there are also people who have experience with that same issue and have positive feedback - and of course.. they have the moral majority on their side - so all is well. not just regarding drugs - regarding any issue in society.

in short - we're a bunch of sheep.

Of course the majority rules. Its called democracy.

I'd change a thousand things if I could change the laws to how I saw fit, but in the end I have to accept the moral code as it stands.

There are avenues for all of us to generate change if we want to. But until then we obey the law its that simple.

perverse

Referee
lockyrulz said:

I'd change a thousand things if I could change the laws to how I saw fit, but in the end I have to accept the moral code as it stands.

There are avenues for all of us to generate change if we want to. But until then we obey the law its that simple.
democracy isn't perfect... but i wouldn't expect you to understand.

lockyrulz

Juniors
perverse said:
democracy isn't perfect... but i wouldn't expect you to understand.

You just love missing the point don't you.

I believe it was Churchill who said "Democracy is the worst form of government, except all the others that have been tried".

No it isn't perfect. But as I said, if there is a particular rule or law you disagree with, avenues exist to have those altered.

If you are finding that too few agree with you, then the onus falls on you to convince them.

But no matter which way you cut it, a society wont work if we all obey our own laws. That is called anarchy.

ToiletDuck

Juniors
lockyrulz said:

The point is, lockyrulz, is that you make your moral judgements based on f**k all knowledge...your views just mimic those of the general society....which is the easy option, means you don't have to think. But that's okay, it's a hell of alot easier.

ToiletDuck

Juniors
lockyrulz said:

I believe it was Churchill who said "Democracy is the worst form of government, except all the others that have been tried".

No it isn't perfect. But as I said, if there is a particular rule or law you disagree with, avenues exist to have those altered.

If you are finding that too few agree with you, then the onus falls on you to convince them.

But no matter which way you cut it, a society wont work if we all obey our own laws. That is called anarchy.

Ummm you missed the point, he was talking about morals, you're talking about laws.

lockyrulz

Juniors
ToiletDuck said:
The point is, lockyrulz, is that you make your moral judgements based on f**k all knowledge...your views just mimic those of the general society....which is the easy option, means you don't have to think. But that's okay, it's a hell of alot easier.

And what are those exactly?

And what knowlodge are you basing yours on?

f**k all Im guessing.

Shorty

Staff member
perverse said:
the thing is its easier for many other people to let the government and the media do their thinking for them. that way they can just cruise along with the moral majority and never have a care in the world. of course i am generalising
Really?
Isn't this what you're actually arguing about,people making generalizations about drugs that for some strange reason,need urgend defending.

Just quietly, have you and your little friend here actually asked the people arguing against you their knowledge in drugs...because it is quite possible that they do have experiences themselves y'know.

No drugs can be fine and harm you little to none and they can also have the opposite,you two seem to argue that the latter,never happens.

perverse

Referee
lockyrulz said:

you've gone off on a tangent... the point of my post was that the problem with democracy is that people can be lead too easily by popular opinion - without actually using their own brains to form an opinion. to which you replied "it's called democracy". i suppose i should make it clearer for you next time...

Latest posts