What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I took drugs my whole career: Andrew Johns

ToiletDuck

Juniors
lockyrulz said:
And what are those exactly?

And what knowlodge are you basing yours on?

f**k all Im guessing.

I bet i know a f**k load more than you, unless of course it's a part of what you do full time (like it is for me, and no that doesn't mean using), which I'm guessing from your posts that it isn't.

perverse

Referee
Shorty said:
Really?
Isn't this what you're actually arguing about,people making generalisations about drugs that for some strange reason,need urgend defending.
i don't mind if someone generalises - as long as they put some thought behind it. if we didn't generalise then our posts would all be essays. i don't have the time - care or effort to explain every niche.. nook and cranny.

lockyrulz

Juniors
perverse said:
you've gone off on a tangent... the point of my post was that the problem with democracy is that people can be lead too easily by popular opinion - without actually using their own brains to form an opinion. to which you replied "it's called democracy". i suppose i should make it clearer for you next time...

How is that a problem with democracy? In a democracy you not only have the right to speak your mind, (with admittedly some small restrictions) but you also have access to a wealth of informtion to back you up. It is the exact opposite in most other forms of government.

The problem here isnt democracy, It is your and toilets inability to accpet that there are many informed people who have through their own volition drawn different conclusions then the two off you have.

Your response to that is to have a sulk and blame demcracy, which is ridiculous.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
lol there is an obvious divide thats emerging in this matter, im just happy that some arent as dogmatic and narrow in their beleifs.

perverse

Referee
you don't think it's a problem that the public can be lead by what we are told is popular opinion?

wow, this world is f**king doomed.

lockyrulz

Juniors
ToiletDuck said:
I bet i know a f**k load more than you, unless of course it's a part of what you do full time (like it is for me, and no that doesn't mean using), which I'm guessing from your posts that it isn't.

I have a degree in criminology with honours, and yes I have worked in the field, including a stint at the drug courts (in the past, I'm not there now) but I'd rather not give out too much detail with all the nutters on here.

But presume how you like, thats the beauty of internet forums.

ToiletDuck

Juniors
lockyrulz said:
How is that a problem with democracy? In a democracy you not only have the right to speak your mind, (with admittedly some small restrictions) but you also have access to a wealth of informtion to back you up. It is the exact opposite in most other forms of government.

The problem here isnt democracy, It is your and toilets inability to accpet that there are many informed people who have through their own volition drawn different conclusions then the two off you have.

Your response to that is to have a sulk and blame demcracy, which is ridiculous.

I seriously don't even know what you're talking about anymore, last post you challenged my knowledge base...of which I was using to draw my opinions on certain 'drugs'.
I pointed out that most people react to the stigma of the word 'drug', with very little knowledge of the drug itself (you being one, myself not being one). And like i said, this isn't your fault, it's what you've been brought up believing, thinking, breathing...so we can't blame you.
Saying 'everyone else thinks it = democracy = therefore it is right' isn't an argument.

Shorty

Staff member
Because it's all popular opinion,so easy to see that anyone that doesn't share the same positive opinion on drugs is somebody who has sh*t all knowledge huh?

lockyrulz

Juniors
perverse said:
you don't think it's a problem that the public can be lead by what we are told is popular opinion?

wow, this world is f**king doomed.

I have already said demcoracy is not perfect. It is simply the best of a bad bunch. It is much easier to be led in a dictatorship.

The fact some people choose to not to think is unfortunate, but you are making the rather sad error of assuming that anyone who draws a different conclusion from you is doing so purely by brainwashing. This is nonsesne.

By all means offer an alternative soloution. But until you do, I'll stick to our current system, even if you do think its 'doomed'.

lockyrulz

Juniors
ToiletDuck said:
I seriously don't even know what you're talking about anymore, last post you challenged my knowledge base...of which I was using to draw my opinions on certain 'drugs'.
I pointed out that most people react to the stigma of the word 'drug', with very little knowledge of the drug itself (you being one, myself not being one). And like i said, this isn't your fault, it's what you've been brought up believing, thinking, breathing...so we can't blame you.
Saying 'everyone else thinks it = democracy = therefore it is right' isn't an argument.

Put simply, you are incorrect in your assumptions about my level of knowlodge of drugs.

If you know as much as you claim to about the issue, you will know it is a subject divided amongst many informed indidviduals, and spans a number of fields.

In short, those that do not agree with you are not by deifintion ignorant. They simply disagree.

ToiletDuck

Juniors
lockyrulz said:
I have already said demcoracy is not perfect. It is simply the best of a bad bunch. It is much easier to be led in a dictatorship.

The fact some people choose to not to think is unfortunate, but you are making the rather sad error of assuming that anyone who draws a different conclusion from you is doing so purely by brainwashing. This is nonsesne.

By all means offer an alternative soloution. But until you do, I'll stick to our current system, even if you do think its 'doomed'.

You're not thinking. YOU are making judgements about a person and his use of drug(s) with no knowledge of the psych and physical affects of the drugs mentioned.
Criminology, last i checked, doesn't involve the ins-and-outs of psych and science of drug use.
You couldn't tell me the difference in MOA of any 'common drugs'.

Timmah said:
:lol:

August 30, 2007 is a sweet day in Raiduh's life :crazy:

In all seriousness the "pull your head in" crowd re: the depression?

Give me a f**king break. We're talking about a man who had the world at his feet and made the wrong decisions. He's lost the sympathy from me.
Ranks all the way up there with masons ADD excuse

Shorty

Staff member
lockyrulz said:
In short, those that do not agree with you are not by deifintion ignorant. They simply disagree.
Thank you....have a good f**king read of that sentence.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Holla if ya hear me said:
Ranks all the way up there with masons ADD excuse

For? Sure as hell wasn't doing illicit drugs for 12 straight years.

Shorty

Staff member
ToiletDuck said:
Dude, you're a tard, noones even listening.
:lol:
Yet you quote my post.
It is a point some posters need to realise,on both sides of the argumnt.

hindmarsh4pm said:
go stuff yourself all of you that say it has runied johns, he is the one who has the guts to come out and say it, i guarantee you more than 50% of footy players in the nrl take drugs and have been for sometime
Do we really think that NRL is drug free?..they are young men with timeon their hands and lots of money..Johns is just the biggest scalp its claimed.

ToiletDuck

Juniors
Timmah said:
For? Sure as hell wasn't doing illicit drugs for 12 straight years.

Right, so Joey was out there on his own while BIG WILLIE stood back saying 'stop joey, thats going too far'. Wake the f**k up.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Easy enough for all of you to turn this on Mason.

Does that justify what Andrew did?

Latest posts