What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I took drugs my whole career: Andrew Johns

Sacrolishes

Juniors
just to change my tune for a sec!!

unfortuantly us knights fans dont know the enire story to why there is so much dissent!! its not just the renolydson issue!! and the fact that there is alot of there best mates leaving in one big hit!!
but something along the lines of Smith not even wanting to coach this team because he doesnt like who they are!! he's waiting to get his 'own' team!! it explains why our play has been so damn predictable..the players just dont like him...cause he dosent like them!!

as a post stated once b4 "if u want to have a successfull business, then u have to treat ur staff with respect...and that is exactly wht he isnt doing"!!

wahoo202

Juniors
As far as I'm concerned the Footy Show interview of last night has increased my respect for Johns tenfold.

He could have, quite simply, made a simple, believable lie and dismissed the entire London incident. Instead, he chose to jeopardise his entire reputation and career's achievements to come totally clean. I would like to thank him for not treating us like morons and further insulting our intelligence as fans of the game.

The fact he chose to come clean shows not only great remorse, but also great strength of character. Imagine how hard it would be to admit something like that on national tv, infront of several million viewers in prime time.

As for the immortal debate, ecstacy is not a performance enhancing drug, if anything it's the opposite. Also, I highly doubt he was ever under the influence of the drug during any match. Hia achievements should not be questioned, but rather celebrated, for he was truly a once-in-a-generation footballer.

wahoo202

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
what about the young footballers, some who are about to start getting serious about their footy, they get offered some gear and whats the bet some of them think "well f**k it, joey only got caught cause he confessed, he got away with it for 12 years, ill be right"

They'd be idiots. You don't think this revelation is going to change the entire drug-test process?

gregstar

Referee
wahoo202 said:
They'd be idiots. You don't think this revelation is going to change the entire drug-test process?
apparently not - did anyone learn from the willie mason debacle? what about the wendell sailor drama? why should this one be any different? unless the league adminstration takes action, players seemingly are too stupid to learn from these high profile disasters.

Raider_69

Post Whore
wahoo202 said:

id argue they are idiots for considering it to begin with, buit i disgress
so much has been made on our tough stance against drugs, and now in one foul swoop johns has undermined it... I hope the entire durg test process is changed, it needs to be now... restore the fear of being caught

TooheysNew

Coach
Sacrolishes said:
just to change my tune for a sec!!

unfortuantly us knights fans dont know the enire story to why there is so much dissent!! its not just the renolydson issue!! and the fact that there is alot of there best mates leaving in one big hit!!
but something along the lines of Smith not even wanting to coach this team because he doesnt like who they are!! he's waiting to get his 'own' team!! it explains why our play has been so damn predictable..the players just dont like him...cause he dosent like them!!

as a post stated once b4 "if u want to have a successfull business, then u have to treat ur staff with respect...and that is exactly wht he isnt doing"!!
Do us a favour sweetheart. Speak for yourself, not everyone else.

Not all Knights fans are as silly and naive as yourself.

Mr. Fahrenheit said:
thatd be the general newie culture woudlnt it? (this is an uninformed post, and a geniuine question, keep that in mind plz)

What are you insinuating , drugs in general, or alcohol as general newie culture????????????

Wheelsy said:
The team has a culture problem. A problem with alcohol and drugs. Andrew Johns has a problem with alcohol and drugs.

And all other bloody teams DONT..................what f**king rock are u hiding under:crazy:

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Hmmm, someone's getting a bit delete happy in this thread aren't they? cosidering I wasn't posting hearsay (I posted a recount of something I saw happen personally, and didn't accuse anyone of anything beyond what I witnessed in person) , I'd expect mods here to have a bit more spine.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Dilmah said:
Don't be stupid. You can't name names and you know it.

I stated that I saw a particular player in a nightclub at a particular time of the day. I did not directly accuse him of doing anything illegal. If I can't even state that a player was seen somewhere at a particular time, then what the hell are we allowed to say?

Packy

Bench
You did intimate that he was on something without any real evidence.

I don't think naming the player, place and time by itself would get deleted.

TooheysNew

Coach
SpaceMonkey said:
I stated that I saw a particular player in a nightclub at a particular time of the day. I did not directly accuse him of doing anything illegal. If I can't even state that a player was seen somewhere at a particular time, then what the hell are we allowed to say?
You must have misread my post. I said don't be stupid.

Your post wasn't limited to who and where, and you know that too.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Dilmah said:
Your post wasn't limited to who and where, and you know that too.

Fair enough I guess... but the fact that he was where he was when hes was, in itself would raise some fairly serious questions.

El Diablo

Post Whore
no need for you to insinuate that drugs are the reason. believe it or not people can go without them.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
El Diablo said:
no need for you to insinuate that drugs are the reason. believe it or not people can go without them.

Can;t think of any other reason you'd want to be in an Oxford St club at 9am on a sunday morning... but who knows, I guess....

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
El Diablo said:
that's because you admittedly take drugs

perhaps if you didn't you could find a reason

took drugs... not saying I still do the stuff, though that makes little difference to this debate. I'll pay that plenty of people go out clubbing without getting on the gear, I just doubt that many people are out at that hour without being on something. But hey, as the above poster says, maybe he just really loves to dance....