What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I want out: Henry.

Timbo

Staff member
Can everyone get over Ricky Stuart? If he hadn't been an ex-Raider noone would want him.

His best season of coaching came with a side that I could have coached to a premiership, he's not the master tactician he's being made out to be.

John Lang or Graham Murray please.

d-a-z-z-a

Juniors
Henry is holding back all of his cards, his not committing to anything.

He's seen how TC negotiated the Raiders to a solid contract and all he wants is what he is worth and thats fair enough. I wouldnt lose hope that Henry will sign, i think he is just going about normal negotiating play.

I think its all up in the air at the moment and we'll see how things go, don't be surprised if the Raiders up there bid for Henry as the Raiders genuinely do want him.

Come on Neil... stay put!!!!

One name i would love to hear mentioned if he does end up leaving would bee........ drum roll....

LAURIE DALEY!!!.. oh man what a coach he'd make:p

Hanscholo

Bench
I wouldnt worry about losing this bloke. Im not sure why he gets so many wraps to be honest. He is one of those coaches that just keeps rolling along with the same old ideas and never changes anything. Im amazed that i am still watching the same Raiders side running around that has failed year after year. Why hasnt he done anything to improve the squad?

Imo get a coach in to rebuild the side, re-work your juniors and to have a crack at success.

Hanscholo said:
I wouldnt worry about losing this bloke. Im not sure why he gets so many wraps to be honest. He is one of those coaches that just keeps rolling along with the same old ideas and never changes anything. Im amazed that i am still watching the same Raiders side running around that has failed year after year. Why hasnt he done anything to improve the squad?

Imo get a coach in to rebuild the side, re-work your juniors and to have a crack at success.

pretty stupid post.
He brought Zillman, Purtell and others into first grade on a regular basis which Elliot wouldnt do. He purchased players such as monaghan, plum etc whereas Elliot would have got 50 year olds like Jason Smith, Matt Adamson etc. He introduced a whole new style of play which is the opposite of what Elliot was enforcing.

Bay56 said:
Ricky Stuart, Ricky Stuart, Ricky Stuart, Ricky Staurt, Rick Stuart,Ricky Stuart, Ricky Stuart, Ricky Stuart ..

err err apologies, just a name that sprung to mind ... got a bit carried away there

Dave Furner might end up being the greatest coach that has hit planet earth but I dont see any runs on the board that would suggest he would be.

It's a huge risk by management ... one, two, three bad seasons will be put down to a poor playing roster until eventually the stinking obvious that poor management and inept coaching in all departments including the ability to attract/retain talent will bleed this club further.

Highly doubt Sticky would leave a potential top 4 side to come to Canberra

Leethal

Juniors
Tim Gilbert on Ch9 arvo news wrapped up sport by announcing that Henry will take up the Cowboys coaching job at the end of '08....

Raider_69

Post Whore
Hanscholo said:

clearly you know nothing about Neil Henry or this club.

innsaneink

Referee
They just confirmed it on talkinsport

Dog act imo. If you blokes had a reason to be dirty on Schif, I reckon you got twice as much reason to be filthy on Henry.
imo hes pissin off before he's finished his job, as ive mentioned several times i admire your team, theyre gutsy and dont throw it in...theres lots to work with, makes it all that more harder when a so called leader decides to call it a day a year early

Bay56

First Grade
Well there we go guys ... Henry gone ..

now what's the next rabbit to be pulled out of the hat

I'm havent been totally wrapped with Henry so I dont really see his coaching as a big loss ... more the question is what certainty can management give to players to retain or attract them to this club.

Management does not paint a picture for me of great certainty.

aussies1st

Staff member
How can he definitely be at the Cowboys next year? Has he his release from the Raiders?

Anyway a lot more decent coaches on the market this time round compared to 2 years back. Bellamy, Bennett, Anderson along with possibly Laurie. Wouldn't mind anyone of those guys.

Spike

First Grade
Best coaching decision Henry has made so far. I hope David Furner takes over as coach

Brimmer

Juniors
Henry to leave Raiders at end of 2008

March 31, 2008 NEIL Henry will leave Canberra at the end of the 2008 season, clearing the way for the Raiders coach to join North Queensland.

The Raiders board met earlier Monday morning, and agreed to a mutual release of his current contract.

Raiders CEO Don Furner said the club was disappointed to be losing Henry, who they had hoped would stay with the club long-term.

“The board agreed not to stand in Neil’s way and decided he would remain Coach of the club until the end of the 2008 season,” Furner said. “Neil has agreed to see out the rest of the season, and will remain head Coach of the Raiders until October 31 this year.

“I am confident that Neil will be focused on the rest of this season, and has the full support of the players until seasons end.”

Henry said the decision to leave Canberra was extremely tough, but he was focused on his remaining time at the club.

“This has been the most difficult decision I have to make,” Henry said. “I am grateful for the opportunity that the club has given me, I’m relieved the decision is out of the road, and we’re now focused on beating the Titans this weekend.”

North Queensland have made no secret of their desire to take Henry to Townsville as a replacement for outgoing Cowboys coach Graham Murray.

Raider_69

Post Whore
innsaneink said:
They just confirmed it on talkinsport

Dog act imo. If you blokes had a reason to be dirty on Schif, I reckon you got twice as much reason to be filthy on Henry.
imo hes pissin off before he's finished his job, as ive mentioned several times i admire your team, theyre gutsy and dont throw it in...theres lots to work with, makes it all that more harder when a so called leader decides to call it a day a year early

exactly
i think my feelings on the matter are by now well documented, but i am fuming.
the club should pay him out and tell him he has until 9:30am tomorrow morning to clear out his desk. Install an interm coach until a replacement is found

Henry is not committed to the raiders

Paullyboy

Coach
If Bennett coaches Canberra, I will not support the Raiders again untill he leaves. That would sicken me more than Elliott returning.

Mick_63

Juniors
Welcome to the new order.Chaos,misinformation,disinformation.Loyalty pfft,gone.
This bs of 12 month trading of players and coaches is beyond a joke.Noone gives a flying f**k about the fans,who are the only ones who show any loyalty.
If i was in the brains trust on the board i'd give NH a back seat.Why give him the chance to improve/experiment when he cant wait to farcoff.
In the glory days we used to thrive on the outsider mentality.I say give the reins to Dave Furner for the rest of the year.Let him improve/experiment.

Bay56

First Grade
Raider_69 said:
exactly
i think my feelings on the matter are by now well documented, but i am fuming.
the club should pay him out and tell him he has until 9:30am tomorrow morning to clear out his desk. Install an interm coach until a replacement is found

Henry is not committed to the raiders

I find myself in a situation where I could not help but quote you Nick ... agree 100%.

But will they ... I doubt it ... imo we have absolutely nothing to gain by keeping him at the helm ... we would show more to the RL world by handing him his marching orders.

Latest posts