What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I want out: Henry.

reptar

Juniors
Mick_63 said:
Isn't Craig Bellamy a local.

Not only is he a local, but he played a bit part in the 1990 Grand Final win for us.

If you look at the coaching ranks in the NRL and the rep teams, there's quite a few with connections to Canberra. Neil Henry, Craig Bellamy, Mal Meninga, Laurie Daley, Ricky Stuart, Tim Sheens, Wayne Bennett, Matthew Elliott and Michael Hagan have all played for or coached the Raiders at some stage (or some instances, both). People like Gary Belcher, Ivan Henjak, Kevin Walters, Dean Lance, Terry Matterson, David Furner, Don Furner and Wayne Collins are floating around too.

Wouldn't it be nice if we had some of that coaching talent at our disposal for an extended period of time?

Freddo

Juniors
furner as a trainer has been on the field longer then some of our other players i say we give him a start next week lol

Timbo

Staff member
reptar said:
Not only is he a local, but he played a bit part in the 1990 Grand Final win for us.

If you look at the coaching ranks in the NRL and the rep teams, there's quite a few with connections to Canberra. Neil Henry, Craig Bellamy, Mal Meninga, Laurie Daley, Ricky Stuart, Tim Sheens, Wayne Bennett, Matthew Elliott and Michael Hagan have all played for or coached the Raiders at some stage (or some instances, both). People like Gary Belcher, Ivan Henjak, Kevin Walters, Dean Lance, Terry Matterson, David Furner, Don Furner and Wayne Collins are floating around too.

Wouldn't it be nice if we had some of that coaching talent at our disposal for an extended period of time?

What's Hagans connection to Canberra?

Raider_69

Post Whore
not a single quote from anyone confirming this article is in anyway shape or form accurate
yes sure it maybe on the money, but remember it wasnt all that long ago the same publication had carney signing on the dotted line for manly... then penrith... then manly again... only to find out he was sticking with canberra

did we learn no lessons from the TC debacle?
lets wait and see what happens, if Neil Henry leaves, react to it then, until then as far as im concerned, henry has said he has a contract to fullfil and will be doing that. Case closed.

sydraider

First Grade
Let him go f**k him, give someone who actually has a passion for the club a go.

If i recall correctly, DF coached us well whilst said lollipoper was away on origin duty.

sydraider

First Grade
Let him go f**k him, give someone who actually has a passion for the club a go.

If i recall correctly, DF coached us well whilst said lollipoper was away on origin duty.

sydraider

First Grade
Raider_69 said:
not a single quote from anyone confirming this article is in anyway shape or form accurate
yes sure it maybe on the money, but remember it wasnt all that long ago the same publication had carney signing on the dotted line for manly... then penrith... then manly again... only to find out he was sticking with canberra

did we learn no lessons from the TC debacle?
lets wait and see what happens, if Neil Henry leaves, react to it then, until then as far as im concerned, henry has said he has a contract to fullfil and will be doing that. Case closed.

And if he leaves then honestly who gives a f**k!

I want people at our club, who WANT TO BE AT OUR CLUB!

Im sick of us being referred to as a truckstop for every other team!

sydraider

First Grade
You want proof of a good coach, its blatantly obvious..... Wayne Bennet.

One only has to look at the form of peter wallace and ashton sims after 3 rounds to know he knows his sh*t.

I agree with some other posters, Henry may have the goods but seriously he has shown us f**k all after a whole season, he has his mind elsewhere, let him f**k off.

we shouldnt lambast Henry yet , we all know he has the goods , the wraps he gets from SOO players for example, and hes done nothing wrong yet.
I agree if he wants to go , let him go , Furner will do alright
We dont need this to drag out like the carney saga , one thing for sure Im not gonna get worked up over this like I did with Carney contract talks, I would love him to stay but if he goes then so be it.

Beavo

Juniors
Neil Henry is the best thing that has happened to our club since Big Mal pulled up stumps.

Elliott showed some promise but our best out of him was a basic predictable game plan. He never built a halves combination to continuously take it to the best in the comp, didn't get close.

Henry has put together a solid side across the board and moulded our halves into game breakers. We've got an unreal forward pack and a backline that while isn't the best would be the envy of a lot of sides.

If you guys think that Henry should just walk, you've got short memories, he is a premiership coach in the making and as a die hard I want to see the lime green go the distance again.

Now is not the time to take pot shots, it's the time to re-affirm our belief in what he's about. If he's not happy with his offer, upgrade it, we need the club, the players and him working together.

Coaches of his calibire don't come along too often, we want to keep him in green.

Raider_69

Post Whore
If henry leaves it will be a step back for the club... if dave furner takes over it will be a massive risk... because as stated and ive been highly defensive of management recently but if Dave Furner took over and was not up to code (and who knows maybe he will be a top quality coach), we'd be stuck with him for all eternity

if henry leaves, Furner is for mine too big a risk

Bay56

First Grade
Ricky Stuart, Ricky Stuart, Ricky Stuart, Ricky Staurt, Rick Stuart,Ricky Stuart, Ricky Stuart, Ricky Stuart ..

err err apologies, just a name that sprung to mind ... got a bit carried away there

Dave Furner might end up being the greatest coach that has hit planet earth but I dont see any runs on the board that would suggest he would be.

It's a huge risk by management ... one, two, three bad seasons will be put down to a poor playing roster until eventually the stinking obvious that poor management and inept coaching in all departments including the ability to attract/retain talent will bleed this club further.

legend

Coach
We can't risk a no name coach again. We need an established coach but stocks look thin and I don't want Nathan Brown or Royce Simmons.

John Lang and Steve Folkes I could accept and even Graham Murray might be a good bet.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Big no to steve folkes, dont rate him and really never have...
Lang i wouldnt mind as a short term option until a Ricky Stuart could be obtained.

Latest posts