What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I want out: Henry.

Bay56

First Grade
Macko8 said:
i think he'll see out the year with the raiders whether he signs elsewhere for 2009 or not.

just wondering whether todd carney is locked in until 2010 or does he have a get out clause???
im not sure whether dave furner is the key to the head coach....what the heck,see what happens.

Carney was on 2KY this morning ... Zorba asked him if he had a clause in in his contract re Henry leaving ... Carney replied that he didnt but had the 2 year get out clause.

It would seen to me that this club needs to find success in the next season or two as this will make it easier to re-sign the likes of Carney and attract a bit more talent to the club.

Stuart Flanaghan seems to be the type of player we need ... tbh I havent seen the guy play but reports from other posters seem to give the opinion that he would be playing FG if it wasnt for Farah.

Management have the perfect opportunity to get rid of a few players at the end of this season and use the money in a more productive way

Bay56

First Grade
It is not so much Henry leaving that bothers me ... it is more about who the club will contract with to replace him.

I suspect they will keep it in the family ... this club will then have the fundamental positions at the club held by personal that are accountable to no one.

I suspect that with that knowledge and a few lean years this club will very quickly loose all credibility that it had in abundance during the successful years of 80/90's ... and to wrench the people out who are responsible will be near impossible.

I know that a few on this forum and others have great faith in management ... I think it is well documented that I dont.

btw what happened that great event that we were going to be dished up with last night ...

MASSIVE plans for next season, my mail is you will not want to miss our first home game in rd 3, they are planing some special event and from all reports are going to promote the sh*t out of it.

ohh yea maybe it was the Raiderette singing ... or was it Victor kicking balls into the crowd

mongoose

Coach
shear_joy9 said:
what a tosser. When the season starts getting tough, he wants to jump ship.

I think he's looking at the mounting injury toll to key players, and simply can't deal with it.

what?? we are looking a lot better than the cowboys at the moment so I don't think that's the case....

I would say its due to family reasons but he should still see out his contract. I'm not completely sold on Henry as a coach but thats pretty poor form from him to want a release.

Bay56 said:
It is not so much Henry leaving that bothers me ... it is more about who the club will contract with to replace him.

I suspect they will keep it in the family ... this club will then have the fundamental positions at the club held by personal that are accountable to no one.

I suspect that with that knowledge and a few lean years this club will very quickly loose all credibility that it had in abundance during the successful years of 80/90's ... and to wrench the people out who are responsible will be near impossible.

I know that a few on this forum and others have great faith in management ... I think it is well documented that I dont.

btw what happened that great event that we were going to be dished up with last night ...

ohh yea maybe it was the Raiderette singing ... or was it Victor kicking balls into the crowd

Was that an R69 quote?

If so I think the Penriff lad slightly misquoted someone.

Bay56

First Grade
Stelios Giannakopoulos said:
Was that an R69 quote?

If so I think the Penriff lad slightly misquoted someone.

... part of the package of "what management have done that reeks of success"

Chachi

Bench
Just as I was starting to enjoy this season...

As has been said before - what's the point of signing a f***ing contract these days?

Bay56

First Grade
Chachi said:
Just as I was starting to enjoy this season...

As has been said before - what's the point of signing a f***ing contract these days?

just ask yourself what it would be like if they didnt sign a contract :lol:

my understanding is that Henry was supposed to be a short term fill-in ... it is now up to Raiders management to enforce the contract till the end of 2009 ... the best way they can do that is to offer Henry the conditions that they think a coach of his reputation is entitled to ... if they dont think he is worth it then it's an easy equation.

Maybe we can do a Cowboys on the Sharks and offer the great Ricky Stuart a contract he could not resist to take over the reigns at the Raiders (ohh please !!) ...

... ohh yea, we're talking Raiders Management here ... it'll be an untried FG coach and one for the boys

Timbo

Staff member
Bay, I'm praying that if we lose Henry, they do a straight swap and latch on to Graham Murray, or go after someone like John Lang.

However, any money says it'll be someone like Dave Furner.

I am having visions of Paul Langmack at Souths.

Bay56

First Grade
Timbo said:
Bay, I'm praying that if we lose Henry, they do a straight swap and latch on to Graham Murray, or go after someone like John Lang.

However, any money says it'll be someone like Dave Furner.

I am having visions of Paul Langmack at Souths.

:lol: ... at times like that you wish you were blind

not sure about Murray or Lang as a possible coach Timbo

Stuart would be our best bet but Daniel Anderson (if available) would be worth a go ..

but as you say (and I have inferred) it will most prob be Furner ... it will be a risk that management will take ... the problem being who will sack him if he fails and how long will his apprenticeship be monitored

the club is no position to experiment at this stage ... I for one will not stand for another 5 f**king year plan

Sydney_Raider

Juniors
What is it with these coaches. Guys like Henry and Elliott have achieved nothing in the NRL but suddenly get this reputation as the new Guru's. I think Henry is as good as gone and if that is the case then good riddance. Like others I think David Furner will get the job, however what about a bloke like Terry Matterson??

shear_joy9

Coach
mongoose said:
what?? we are looking a lot better than the cowboys at the moment so I don't think that's the case....

quote]

I don't think so. I would take the cowboys squad over canberra's in a heartbeat.
If canberra play the kind of football they have in the first 3 rounds, they'd lose by 50

mongoose

Coach
Sydney_Raider said:
What is it with these coaches. Guys like Henry and Elliott have achieved nothing in the NRL but suddenly get this reputation as the new Guru's. I think Henry is as good as gone and if that is the case then good riddance. Like others I think David Furner will get the job, however what about a bloke like Terry Matterson??

I'm sick of the media giving all the credit for our wins to the coach, it happened with Elliot and it is happening again with Henry. The same old cliches that we've heard about the raiders for the last 6 years were being peddled out on the sunday footy show again today - "the raiders are so well coached", "every player knows their role", "they do well for a team with such a meek playing roster" blah blah blah. They never single out any player as having a blinder or showing improvement or being out of form etc. They seriously have no idea about this team.

Mick_63

Juniors
mongoose said:
I'm sick of the media giving all the credit for our wins to the coach, it happened with Elliot and it is happening again with Henry. The same old cliches that we've heard about the raiders for the last 6 years were being peddled out on the sunday footy show again today - "the raiders are so well coached", "every player knows their role", "they do well for a team with such a meek playing roster" blah blah blah. They never single out any player as having a blinder or showing improvement or being out of form etc. They seriously have no idea about this team.

100% agree Mongoose.I'd like someone to point out the changes that have been bought into the Raiders playing style by NH.
Or have key players improved under his coaching.Dane Tilse for example,after he came down he had a real fire in his play,but to me he doesnt look like he is enjoying his role at the moment.I havent seen him attempt an offload this season,and if he did theres no one there to support him.Imo he is a ballplayer in the making,just needs some coaching....

Raider_69

Post Whore
You're telling me the TC's arnt better players now then they were 18 months ago?
Marshall Chalk has finally started contributing to the team. Bronx Goodwin, Adrian Purtell, William Zillman, all far better players today then they were before henry's arrival

our style of play is EIONS different, anyone who cant see that is deadset insane, we have far more ball movement, our centres and wingers actually see quality ball, we're far more tactically sound... Troy Thompson is another who seems to have relished under Henry's guidence

Also under henry we retained Todd Carney, we signed Joel Monas, along with Nev Costigan and Nigel Plum... all quality signings that i have little doubt would have been achieved under a coach of lesser qualities..

Henry has made a dozen small, but vital steps in getting this club moving forward toward a premiership... I think its duty to see his plans out. As long as canberra match the price (and with no cap for a coach, there is no reason why we cant do so) and length, i am very VERY confident he will do exactly that

nickraider

Juniors
IMO Henry has achieved nothing as yet and I think it stinks that he's even having talks at this stage of the season. It's only round 3 FFS and this has been going on for weeks!!! Go home to sh*tsville now mate - its obvious you don't want to be here. Get someone in who has some passion for the Raiders and is not just in it for the bucks!!!

Mick_63

Juniors
Imo T Carney isnt playing as well as 2006.And right now he needs a coach who can guide him,give him the confidence to show his undoubted skills.We have got wins recently against the lower ranked teams,but to compete against the Melbs etc we need TC firing.
And if he is this supposed super coach why is our away record so terrible.
I am not anti NH,but i am pissed off that he is getting way to much credit for SOO and it hasnt translated back to individual Riaders players performing better through better coaching.

matt

Juniors
Bay56 said:
Maybe we can do a Cowboys on the Sharks and offer the great Ricky Stuart a contract he could not resist to take over the reigns at the Raiders (ohh please !!) ...

take some "A" grade burley too get that shark interested ...all is well in the shire for sticky.

Timbo

Staff member
Bay56 said:
:lol: ... at times like that you wish you were blind

not sure about Murray or Lang as a possible coach Timbo

Stuart would be our best bet but Daniel Anderson (if available) would be worth a go ..

but as you say (and I have inferred) it will most prob be Furner ... it will be a risk that management will take ... the problem being who will sack him if he fails and how long will his apprenticeship be monitored

the club is no position to experiment at this stage ... I for one will not stand for another 5 f**king year plan

My eyes! Ze goggles! Zey do nothing!

Look I see where you're coming from, but I don't rate our chances of getting Stick back even a little bit.

The reason I say Murray or Lang, are I severely doubt that, having found something good with Henry, that should we pull someone else from obscurity, that they'll be any chance of success.

Lang, Murray, and as you said, Anderson, are all experienced coaches with solid records. It's time to stop stuffing around. We haven't had a proper coach since Sheens left and it's time to fix that if Henry leaves.

Chachi

Bench
It just sh*ts me that we pluck these coaches out of obscurity to give them their first crack at the NRL and we just get used as leverage for them to move onto the next team.

I honestly thought Henry was a man of his word and wanted to see this team into the new generation of the Green Machine. He's done some good things so far and it would be a shame for that to fall apart through no fault of our own.

Having said that, Graham Murray wouldn't be a bad swap.

BTW please don't even try comparing Paul Langmack and Dave Furner. But I will say that even John McIntyre thought it may look a little like nepotism if Furns gets the job.