What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I want out: Henry.

Paullyboy

Coach
I'd say most Raiders fans would agree with that notion. He should no longer be welcome at the Raiders.

Bay56

First Grade
Mick_63 said:
Welcome to the new order.Chaos,misinformation,disinformation.Loyalty pfft,gone.
This bs of 12 month trading of players and coaches is beyond a joke.Noone gives a flying f**k about the fans,who are the only ones who show any loyalty.
If i was in the brains trust on the board i'd give NH a back seat.Why give him the chance to improve/experiment when he cant wait to farcoff.
In the glory days we used to thrive on the outsider mentality.I say give the reins to Dave Furner for the rest of the year.Let him improve/experiment.

well posted mate ... and I agree with your assessment of Dave Furner .. give him a chance to show his worth ... if his results are similar to Fitlers we are on a winner ... otherwise we revert to Plan B towards the end of the season ...

difficult propostion I realise as a future coach would prob be looking for talks and certainty with Raiders management immediately ... all the more reason to give Furner a go now.

Raider_69

Post Whore
of course we wont bay, this club has never given a coach his marching orders, they are not about to start now but its what should be done.

How can a head coach continue to coach this club with 100% commitment when he knows he isnt going to here next year and probably has a host of things to organise up there, he will have one eye on the cowboys all year.

Install furner as interm coach, lets see what he's got, if he has what it takes, awesome if not, find a replacement, if he is avalible start him ASAP, we can ill afford to waste this year development wise.

Or better yet, keep Henry on the books and stick him on the graveyard cleaning shift at HQ

colly raider

Juniors
f**k him off now imo.
Big Mal should piss him off from the assistant coaches job for Queensland, for turning his back on the Raiders.
He better not take Costigan and Zillman with him.:x

philstorm

Juniors
Really sh*t news, guys.

As i've said elsewhere, I really feel for you guys and hope you can get a better coach out of all this. At the end of the day, i'll be hoping that you guys will watch Henry's Cowboys go downhill whilst the Raiders rise back up the ladder.

Macko8

Juniors
I say piss henry off now,give dave furner the head coaching job for the rest of the season and see how he goes, if he goes alright,offer him a contract for 2009.

costigan and zillman are likely to leave at the end of this season anyway.

matt

Juniors
on a positive note...we may just see a slight adjustment in the halves that is needed ...f**k HENRY off and release the HERB.

Sydney_Raider

Juniors
Surely the club can't entertain the idea of him remaining for the rest of the year. We need to get something in place ASAP particularly with some many players coming off contract. Granted most of them will be pissed off anyway but we also have to recruit players. Not sure David Furner is the answer but we are obviously not prepared to pay market value for a coach so what can we expect. Gary Belcher who was in Canberra on the weekend for FOX seems confident that David Furner will be the man. I suppose he would be privy to more info than most.

Shorty

Staff member
philstorm said:
Really sh*t news, guys.

As i've said elsewhere, I really feel for you guys and hope you can get a better coach out of all this. At the end of the day, i'll be hoping that you guys will watch Henry's Cowboys go downhill whilst the Raiders rise back up the ladder.
Oh that's charming,thanks.

Bay56

First Grade
Macko8 said:
I say piss henry off now,give dave furner the head coaching job for the rest of the season and see how he goes, if he goes alright,offer him a contract for 2009.

costigan and zillman are likely to leave at the end of this season anyway.

Zillman was sitting right next to us on Sat night ... one of our group said in a very loud voice " .... and I think Zilly should re-sign for the Raiders ..." (knowing full well that Zilly was in more than earshot) ... I turned around to see Zilly with a sheepish grin and a double take on us. We joked with him for some time.

Latest posts