What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I want Tyran Wishart

Dragon David

First Grade
In my dreams If we could jag Wishart as a 7 and luke metcalfe as a running 6 then we start to have some great attacking options. Both boys surely must be feeling homesick, and can share bird and hunts salaries
This would be a combo
I would be absolutely overjoyed if we had both Wishart and Metcalfe in our spine as the halves on top of a very improved Sloan at Fullback and Cook/Liddle completing the spine in Hooker rotation. Then we have Suli and Holmes in the centres Tui and Allen on the wings and hopefully RCG and a couple more new forwards and of course the Couchman boys, Su'a, JDB and LKT etc.

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
Either Wishart or Pezet, through money at both, we should land one. We should also be looking at Schneider from Penrith, has been filling in for Cleary, surely he brings something coming from a winning culture.

jeffdragon

Bench
He was on Radio saying how he went to storm
Came through our juniors system
Waa on train and trial contract then was in NSW CUP had a bad ankle injury when Storm called him and he jumped at the chance.

56to66

Juniors
He was on Matty Johns today, they were trying to bait him into badmouthing us, or that we axed him or something.. he didnt answer a bar of it thankfully..
MJ sucks he hates St George, I can't stand his mates, one being an Eel, the other being a Rorter, never watched the show, never will watch the show, in actual fact every TV footy shows have been crap , the best footy show is the this forum, very unbias, great analysis when it comes to the real important stuff, very entertaining, a mixture of characters and very understanding when our team fails, over a decade of misery 👍.

Dragon David

First Grade
MJ sucks he hates St George, I can't stand his mates, one being an Eel, the other being a Rorter, never watched the show, never will watch the show, in actual fact every TV footy shows have been crap , the best footy show is the this forum, very unbias, great analysis when it comes to the real important stuff, very entertaining, a mixture of characters and very understanding when our team fails, over a decade of misery 👍.
Thanks 56 to 66.

Boy oh boy I'd love us to be a force again just so that we can give it to those media scumbags like the Johns boys and Anasta etc.

While it would be great to have have some our escaped juniors back we shouldn't fall into the trap of paying overs just because they are former SGI juniors that look good in top flight development systems (ie. Storm). What we should be doing is ensuring we don't let talented junior escape in the future. The Storm are experts at identifying raw talent, hiding and developing them in several different teams in the Qld Cup. They seem to do this without the hyping, pressure and glare of the media spotlight. Also their development is not rushed and when they emerge in the Storm team they are almost the finished article.

Dragon David

First Grade
While it would be great to have have some our escaped juniors back we shouldn't fall into the trap of paying overs just because they are former SGI juniors that look good in top flight development systems (ie. Storm). What we should be doing is ensuring we don't let talented junior escape in the future. The Storm are experts at identifying raw talent, hiding and developing them in several different teams in the Qld Cup. They seem to do this without the hyping, pressure and glare of the media spotlight. Also their development is not rushed and when they emerge in the Storm team they are almost the finished article.
Very good points Saints supporter. Me thinks that the Dragons should go a poaching themselves and/or start developing our juniors like how the Storm are.

The Dragons as we know can't keep all of the players that show promise, but they should tie down the cream to decent contracts and salaries commensurate with their age and experience.

For too long we just continue to play the same running on the spot, brainless, robotic players who show no real enterprise like ball skills, off loads, game management, reading the trend of play and weaknesses in the other teams. Just to take the ball up tucked under one arm and head down and charge is not all a player should arm himself with. Many of our forwards, one in particular by the name of Eisenhuth is an example of that. No thought really just take it up and barge as hard as he can. I'd like to see him pass for a change but somehow he lacks skill in passing I think. Same goes for several other forwards.

Use of leg speed and in attack come running onto the ball hard and fast not from a standing start.

The preseason needs better training techniques included. Learn to do things not of the norm that they have been doing for too long that has not been that successful.

I don't have the solutions but surely those paid to work out better ways for us to play with the main aim of course to win should be the ones needing skills themselves.

Sloan Ranger

Juniors
Until we get two forwards as good or better than Sua, nothing else matters. Nothing. Nobody can excel for a full season behind our pack.