What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ian Hindy signs.

cardinal

Juniors
Lets not kid ourselves that Ian will take morrisons place. We are losing Morrison at the prime form of his career and we are getting Ian at the end of his, I dont think he has the high work rate he used to and I think Lowrie will step up to fill morrisons spot. In saying that I still think it is a great move by the club and Ian will prove great off the bench, be a good role model for our young forwards and if all it does is keep Nathan happy then thats enough.

Kornstar

Coach
I believe Morrison and I.Hindmarsh are the same age, whose to say that playing next to his brother and back at his old club will not make him play the same role he did before he left?

What i am getting at is that Morrison and Hindmarsh are both in the same stage of their careers, alot of class players lose form in England, i believe that is because they go to England to party and then play footy, while over here 99% play football then party......

I am excited about Ian's return anyways!

Stagger eel

Staff member
Kornstar said:
I believe Morrison and I.Hindmarsh are the same age, whose to say that playing next to his brother and back at his old club will not make him play the same role he did before he left?

What i am getting at is that Morrison and Hindmarsh are both in the same stage of their careers, alot of class players lose form in England, i believe that is because they go to England to party and then play footy, while over here 99% play football then party......

I am excited about Ian's return anyways!

I think it's a case of Ian and family not enjoying life in France at the moment which is the reason why the early depature back to oz...if your not enjoying yourself you simply don't play to your potential.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
this is very good news, now bring back Jayson Cayless and I'll be very happy

Daneel

Bench
cardinal said:
Lets not kid ourselves that Ian will take morrisons place. We are losing Morrison at the prime form of his career and we are getting Ian at the end of his, I dont think he has the high work rate he used to and I think Lowrie will step up to fill morrisons spot. In saying that I still think it is a great move by the club and Ian will prove great off the bench, be a good role model for our young forwards and if all it does is keep Nathan happy then thats enough.

Isn't Morrison older than Ian Hindmarsh?

yy_cheng

Coach
this is very good news, now bring back Jayson Cayless and I'll be very happy

Wouldn't that be weird

13. Chad
12. Ian
11. Hindy
10. Jay Cay
9. PJ
8. Caylo

6. Wagon

T-BONE MCGRAW

Juniors
yy_cheng said:
Wouldn't that be weird

13. Chad
12. Ian
11. Hindy
10. Jay Cay
9. PJ
8. Caylo

6. Wagon

Don't even joke about Wagon at 6. He is fine where he currently is i.e in the back row or coming off the bench. Although Jay Cay would be great to have back however unlikely that is. Solomona would also be awsome back in the blue and gold. However IMO we are no chance of getting either back.

yy_cheng

Coach
But to be honest, if jc was to come back.

My pack would be

8. JC
9. Riddell
10. Moimoi
11. Hindy
12. Caylo
13. Wagon

14. PJ
15. Chad
16. Azza/JT/Codorba/etc
17. Zeb/Mateo (If they are up to it)

We need to mix the new with the old otherwise when the old retires, the new will lack experience.

PJ Marshal

Coach
yy_cheng said:
We've got them in our backyard, well grandstand anyway.

8. Colonel
9. Eela
10. MITS

It'll be like the good ol' English Union days

useless foward pack

we are playing a natural 5/8 at prop ffs

Hurriflatch

Referee
YY: Nathan Cayless is not a 2nd rower that experiment should be put in the same boat as the Wagon in #6 and given a Viking Funeral.

As for the Ian signing very very good news for a number of reasons most of them have already been made

- He wants to play here
- He won't cost that much
- He'll help the younger forwards
- He'll make his brother happier

A lot of the Ian detractors are commenting that Ian doesn't bring enough of an attacking game to help replace Morro/Widders but then again maybe he doesn't have to while Morro, Wags and Chad are all stronger defenders like Ian, Nathan is still making more tackles then he did while Ian was previously at the club and that could do a lot with trust.

After Ian left Nathan always trailed the ball even if he didn't actually make the tackle he was always withing about a metre of doing so, and this has a lot to do with Nathan possibly not trusting the other players to do their jobs as too many times around 2002-2004 the other players didn't do their jobs and missed tackles which Nathan was forced to clean up.

Now that Ian is there Nathan may well know that Ian will do his job and stay out of the play until it comes his way that will free up a lot more gas for Nathan to attack and therefore counter the loss of Morro.

cardinal

Juniors
Hurriflatch said:
YY: Nathan Cayless is not a 2nd rower that experiment should be put in the same boat as the Wagon in #6 and given a Viking Funeral.

As for the Ian signing very very good news for a number of reasons most of them have already been made

- He wants to play here
- He won't cost that much
- He'll help the younger forwards
- He'll make his brother happier

A lot of the Ian detractors are commenting that Ian doesn't bring enough of an attacking game to help replace Morro/Widders but then again maybe he doesn't have to while Morro, Wags and Chad are all stronger defenders like Ian, Nathan is still making more tackles then he did while Ian was previously at the club and that could do a lot with trust.

After Ian left Nathan always trailed the ball even if he didn't actually make the tackle he was always withing about a metre of doing so, and this has a lot to do with Nathan possibly not trusting the other players to do their jobs as too many times around 2002-2004 the other players didn't do their jobs and missed tackles which Nathan was forced to clean up.

Now that Ian is there Nathan may well know that Ian will do his job and stay out of the play until it comes his way that will free up a lot more gas for Nathan to attack and therefore counter the loss of Morro.

Morro makes 40 - 45 tackles week in week out, Ian was not doing that in his last 2 years at canberra let alone now. He will come off the bench and provide go forward and some strong hits in defence. We can say morro and Ian are close in age but in performances morro is one of the form backrowers of the nrl every week and it's not the clubs fault he is leaving but he will be very hard to replace. I think Ian will be great for us but he wont have the workrate of morro or from when he last played for the eels.

Parraren

Bench
Yeah, agreed.

Anyone thinking Ian will be an automatic replacement for Morro might be putting their expectations of him a bit too high.

Ian is a good player but I wouldn't class him in the same league as Morro. He wasn't exactly setting the world on fire in his last year at Canberra either.

A good solid preparation in the off-season should see him give us good service in 2007 but I'm not expecting too much from him.

yy_cheng

Coach
Hurriflatch said:

Caylo has an ability to offload and that might help otherwise, I would have to bench him as I prefer Jaycay's style when he was playing at the roosters.

Nathan is still making more tackles then he did while Ian was previously at the club and that could do a lot with trust.

Agree that Nathan trails the play but whether it's because he doesn't trust his teammates or whether he's an opportunist or always wants to be in the action, I'm not so sure of. Probably a bit of both. He plays the same style for both NSW and Oz.

I think we can agree that he is an everywhere man.

From the marker position, Hindy will drift towards the next ruck, look to see if his teammates are in the opposition's face or not and decides whether to go in. If he sees that they are, he hangs around waiting to clean up the tackle or waits for a pass out the back door. If his team mates have not sprinted up, he will try and make first contact.

If he sees that a potential break is going to happen, he runs behind the defensive line and follows the break, hoping to catch a tackle on a support player or hoping that the last line and cover defence will slow the player who made the break, and then come in and complete the tackle.

He is an everywhere man and the only other player that I really think plays the same is BK.

yy_cheng

Coach
Morro is gornskis.

True, we have to replace him, but there is no point in comparing him and ihindy as there probably is no one left on the market or in our junior ranks that can replace him 100%.

We need to look at building a balanced pack.

iHindy should not be given a free pass into 1st grade. Every player should earn their possy. We now have alot of solid defenders there with Chad, Wags, and two Hindys.

Now we need to complete the pack with GO FORWARD men such as Moimoi and hopefully, Azza, Zeb and the such. Caylo, I would consider an in between.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
return of the brother's grimm :D ian never should have left in the first place he mighten be the player he was but still will do a job for us next year. and if it keeps nathan happy then i'm happy.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Yes, the trend continues, the return of another ex-eel. Ian Hindmarsh. :crazy:

Good signing IMO, probably the best signing so far. We needed someone in workhorse style like Morrison. Welcome back to Parramatta Ian. :D

number8

Juniors
Morrison is the games 2nd best 2nd rower imo. And not replacable imo. Ian is a great signing but isn't half the player Morrison is. Not many are though!

Morro has been very underated as a cantidate for the rep arena his whole carrer! I'd have him before a Creagh, Simpson, Kennedy, Watmough, Fitzgibbon & so on. Menzies & Ryan imo are the only two that offer a similar game!

Nathan Hindmarsh stands alone obviously!

Latest posts