What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ian Hindy signs.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Fantastic news, a great player who will again rise in the NRL, particulary playing with his brother and a new era for Parra.

newmanj

Juniors
The scenario of props joining Parra is an interesting scenario. If you remember back 4 weeks or so, Cronulla were fined $10,000 for not registering Leon Bott in time and playing him. They subsequently paid the $10,000 and he is now playing. I wonder if it would be worth spending the $10,000 and trying to get another prop forward for the remainder of the year, and whether it would legal. With our injury crisis, it would be $10,000 well spent to boost our playing stocks.

Anyone?

Stagger eel

Staff member
MarkInTheStands said:
Good News,

Made a Fool of myself when I read the Release here at work.

But who cares.

and hows that different to how you are normally :cool: ;-)

yy_cheng

Coach
Belly in Brisvegas said:
So if we lost all our remaining props in all grades do we have to look at the feeder clubs for players?

We've got them in our backyard, well grandstand anyway.

8. Colonel
9. Eela
10. MITS

It'll be like the good ol' English Union days

Ron Jeremy

Coach
newmanj said:
The scenario of props joining Parra is an interesting scenario. If you remember back 4 weeks or so, Cronulla were fined $10,000 for not registering Leon Bott in time and playing him. They subsequently paid the $10,000 and he is now playing. I wonder if it would be worth spending the $10,000 and trying to get another prop forward for the remainder of the year, and whether it would legal. With our injury crisis, it would be $10,000 well spent to boost our playing stocks.

Anyone?

I totally agree Newmanj, i think it's basically the only option we've got.

$10,000 is a small price to pay for some reasonable depth, which we need.

fish eel

Immortal
also the second tier cap....isnt there so much you can allow for players outside the top 25 to come in....think I remember reading stuff about other clubs not blooding players late last year because they couldnbt afford to? how are we situated there?

yy_cheng said:
We've got them in our backyard, well grandstand anyway.

8. Colonel
9. Eela
10. MITS

It'll be like the good ol' English Union days

Cross the Colonel off that list...he'd spend his time trying be the half he only dreams about being!!!!

Does anyone else think Eela looks like Ian Lacey from the Broncos or is that just me???

I think if MITSy gets his mullet back he would be a dead ringer for Darren Pettet....the only true contender for mine!!!

Stagger eel

Staff member
fish eel said:
also the second tier cap....isnt there so much you can allow for players outside the top 25 to come in....think I remember reading stuff about other clubs not blooding players late last year because they couldnbt afford to? how are we situated there?

from what I heard we're not exactly sitting pretty there we've already used about 30 odd players for firstgrade.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Belly in Brisvegas said:
Cross the Colonel off that list...he'd spend his time trying be the half he only dreams about being!!!!

Does anyone else think Eela looks like Ian Lacey from the Broncos or is that just me???

I think if MITSy gets his mullet back he would be a dead ringer for Darren Pettet....the only true contender for mine!!!

:lol: :lol:

The Colonel

Immortal
Belly in Brisvegas said:

:lol:

fish eel

Immortal
eelavation said:
from what I heard we're not exactly sitting pretty there we've already used about 30 odd players for firstgrade.

that's what I thought.

I think we'll use existing resources, ie Chad and Nathan Hindmarsh spending a lot of time up front.

forward pass

Coach
The Colonel said:
We'd probably have to give Wentworthville or Cabramatta a call and bring someone in.

If we have room under the second tier cap we could bring up some part time squad members or we could just pay the fine if we went over the second tier cap.

Isn't there a huge imbalance here??

Broncos (and Melbourne) can call on players from the Brisbane comp but we don't have that luxury. Now I know the Brisbane comp isn't NRL standard but there are stacks of ex NRL players in there.

Stagger eel

Staff member
forward pass said:
Isn't there a huge imbalance here??

Broncos (and Melbourne) can call on players from the Brisbane comp but we don't have that luxury. Now I know the Brisbane comp isn't NRL standard but there are stacks of ex NRL players in there.

but that's because those players are contracted to Brisbane and Melbourne while ours are playing the NSW premier league comp.

number8

Juniors
Belly in Brisvegas said:

Dibs on his vaccated number 8 then! :sarcasm:

Eelementary

Post Whore
There was a scout at the match I injured my neck in...What do you reckon the chances of me getting the call up are? I play a very similar style to Fui, AND I bleed blue and gold. Much like him, then.