What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ideas thread

spider

Coach
good post SirShire, and you answered your question in the first line
SS said:
One of the biggest problems the administration has had is that they have defined themselves purely as a football club
they put ALL their focus into something that returns them no revenue and operates 2 weeks of 52 - and at a loss!!

management fundamentals 1.0

ratsack2

Juniors
Why is it so easy for us to come up with ideas and the board nothing.
Why dont we form some sort of committee/company and come up with our very own activities and just hire out the ground and donate the profits.

we could get a popular band in and do a concert in the round, this would utilise the ET, PB, the southern stand and the concourse seating all seated and the hill, we could pack 20,000 possibly more and if we get the right band an average of $50 a ticket, ticket sales would be a minimum of million bucks straight up, then there is food and alchohol prob an another million so thats two million, get some sponsors, and if we can pull off 20% profit (would prob be more) theirs $400,000 profit. for one night.

sh*t if I can think of that in less than five minutes, what is this f**king deadhead board doing. I am sure that between us all we need is 6 good ideas running one per month and we could save this club in one off season.

ratsack2

Juniors
another idea I just had. turn the southern stand into a stage, have a save the Sharks live aid type concert, get the hoodoo gurus to perform, dady cool, mentals all those old time bands for a one off comeback gig, john farnham etc etc, try to get as many shark fan bands as we can to bring the cost down, fill the stands, the hill with bums, fill the field with standing room on the field, how many on the field 5-10k you would get close to 30,000 people there, $50 a head that $1.5million.

tee up with a travel company and arrange interstae packages for it, I know I would go.

Its not hard people, if this boad cant do it get an events company in to run it and let them pull it off.

I hope that the Central Coast option fails as it is too easy for the board to do anything, make them earn their money.

f**k we own our own ground for goodness sake, we own the building and grounds next to it, do something with it and generate some income

Weaponhead

Coach
they put ALL their focus into something that returns them no revenue and operates 2 weeks of 52 - and at a loss!!

management fundamentals 1.0

That is the scary thing about how incompetent the adminstration has been. In the last 10 years there has been zero vision.

Remember the TV ads we had in the 1990's when the Sharks brand actually meant something. We promoted ourselves with the brand attribtues of inspire, excite, excel. The image of the brand was modern and fresh. Now the Sharks brand reeks of incompetence and failure on and off the field.

The good news is this can be turned around. The bad news is there aint much time....

Open air markets
Fresh produce markets
Wine & food festival
Cheese & wine festival
Asian food festival
Caravan and camping show
Boat show
Car show
Beach volley ball competition
Model airplane show
Kite flying festival (power lines might be a problem)
Childrens concert with the Wiggles or High 5
Sheep dog trials
Dog show
The Great Aussie Outdoor BBQ
Aboriginal Dreamtime festival
Remote controlled car races
Jazz festival
New talent quest
Comedy festival
Opera in the park
Elvis festival
Carols in the Park
Christian Music festival
Arts & Crafts show

pommy shark

Juniors
As BS lists is ain't that difficult to come with ideas to use the ground - however people must know it is being used - i say again no marketing done yet on the dragons game - why not - obvious - the gurus on the management team think it will sell out anyway so why bother??? This arrogance runs through the club
- they need to sell us a product - it's not just football - that what the TV provides - going to game is an experience and they have to get us to commit to getting off our backsides early.

When we get there give us a bit more - get bands or businesses to showcase products - get more from the mermaids - get the dance thing regularly - that gets crowds in there if only until half time by which the kids not dancing buy an ice cream - make the vendors rich and they will fight to be at the ground.

Many months ago I wrote about season tickets and noted that someone else found getting one to be painful - herein lies an issue - When you are short of cash you do what you can to get the stuff off customers early - season tickets should have been on sale days after the semi final loss to the Storm - yes we were p*$*ed off at the loss but we were still joint minor premiers, we actually believed maybe next year - even Gus Gould said sio that had to right (????). I registered on the website as suggested - guess what - THEY NEVER CONTACTED ME - so as I was busy I did not chase it up and now pay GA each week, cost the club two season tickets.

They need to cause a fuss to get tickets sold pre game - that way even if it rains they have the cash and are not relying on walkups to a game.

The three game pass idea mentioned before is good - buy three at a discount and either a guaranteed turn up or the club gets money for nothing.

Other ideas - buy a meal over a value in the bars / restaurants etc get a free GA ticket - sells food and footy - as only Billy no mates goes to the footy alone he will get someone to pay to go in with him - use the club for the footy and the footy for the club.

For years they have believed its all about the football - wrong its all about money - when you realise this and work that way everything falls into place and decent footy follows. Ignor ethe money side and look at our accounts - they tell the tale.

ratsack2

Juniors
So I ask this question.

How stupid must our board be, we have just come up with some great ideas, and BS your list was outstanding, how hard would it be to organise some of them, particularly the markets which would generate regular recurring income once established.
all you have to do is get the guide with all the events in it for sydney, as previously stated we own facilities so all we have to do is undercut every other venue and start getting money in

It aint hard.

Its all about motivation, this current board are not motivated to keep the sharks in the shire they want the easy option.
I live in Brisbane now, but the sharks should stay in the shire thats where they belong, I am sharks till I die, no sharks no Marty, I couldnt give a flying rats about any other team nor will I.

Last edited:

Quigs

Immortal
I love the blues - like my league, the older the better.

So I will comprimise with the folk at Byron.

They keep the blues and I'll try my hardest to look after the roots.

farkk I am a good bloke, if I say so meself.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

gunnamatta bay

Referee
I love the blues - like my league, the older the better.

So I will comprimise with the folk at Byron.

They keep the blues and I'll try my hardest to look after the roots.

farkk I am a good bloke, if I say so meself.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs
actually mate i think it's a misprint. should 'boots' because there is always lots of rain and mud.

PJ

First Grade
They need to cause a fuss to get tickets sold pre game - that way even if it rains they have the cash and are not relying on walkups to a game.

Just offer a discount for pre-purchased and paid tickets.

Ads

First Grade
Its a miracle!....

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news/103116,new-look-sydney-with-new-kit.aspx

SYDNEY FC's new-look for 2009/10 took another step closer with the club today unveiling its new playing strip for the coming Hyundai A-League campaign.

clickpic.jpg

The redesigned jersey will make its debut on Saturday, August 8 when Sydney FC lines up for a round one clash with Hyundai A-League debutants, North Queensland Fury in Townsville.
The two sides will clash for the first time when Sydney hosts the competition newcomers in a trial at 7pm on Saturday, June 27 at Shark Park, the home of NRL side, the Cronulla Sharks.
After getting a first look at the Fury, Vitezslav Lavicka's men will play a second trial against A-League opposition when they travel to Port Macquarie to battle the Newcastle Jets in an afternoon encounter that will be fought out from 2pm on Sunday, July 12.
Sydney FC is also close to locking in warm up matches against international opposition in the count-down to the new season and is in ongoing discussions with Chinese sister club, Shanghai Shenhua.
The two teams are hopeful of facing off in a friendly at the Sydney Football Stadium on either Saturday July 25th or Sunday the 26th, with the Sky Blues also working to secure a second overseas opponent for a trial in Sydney on the weekend of July 18 - 19.
With a series of State League trials set to commence tonight with a sold out game against the Macarthur Rams and some high profile friendlies on the horizon, Sydney FC supporters that wish to wear the latest look to the upcoming matches will be able to purchase their new playing strip from Rebel Sport from July onwards.
The new jersey can also be pre-ordered and purchased directly from Sydney FC by contacting the club on 02 8314 5100 or by email at merchandise@sydneyfc.com.

We probably wont make much money if any but hopefully its a start for the club to get the ground in use apart from game day.

Last edited:
Good news, I hope they can make it a regular season game soon, although I would have thought a Sunday afternoon would have been a better time.

Latest posts