What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If Hornby wasn't needed at halfback

Jasdragon

Juniors
Yea, why not. Give him a go. He should go alright. Loyal Dragon said centres need size and speed. It's good to have size and speed but ya dont need it. Hornby's not the slowest. Stanleys not that fast. Former 2nd rowers usually have size but they all dont have speed. Scott was a centre till he became a Dragon n hasn't got much speed. Creagh was and can play centre, not fast. Most 2nd row centres have some size but not much speed.

:lol: Hornby is not a centre. Don't need speed as a center :crazy:, just look at the Sharks that's what f**ked them all season no real speed and agility in the centre's and they still haven't fixed the problem.

All those players you named aren't centers because they aren't quick enough or elusive enough, that's why they play in the forwards. Hornby is not a strong enough defender or a strong enough hole runner to play centre. He should be in the halves or on the bench.

Last edited:

Jasdragon

Juniors
i reckon hornby would play on the bench as #14 back utility. hes not too experienced at halfback but he siad he wants to play in the halves rather than fullback.i reckon the dragons need to get a beta 5/8. soward is a 2nd grade player, dragons need to purchase maybe mat rogers (quite cheap) or campese (not cheap) or even jaime lyon.

Soward is no 2nd grade player. By the way I bet Hornby is more experienced at playing 1/2 back in the NRL than Head, I recon he has played more games in that position than Head in the NRL.

_Johnsy

Referee
watawank

1) He is StGeorge, evey lub needs a player like him. IMO he is the most undervalued and rated player to have worn the rd and white.

2) I rate him one of the most important player to the side. He will be vc at worst His value to our side/lub cannot be underestimated.

SEAT 1A

Bench
watawank

1) He is StGeorge, evey lub needs a player like him. IMO he is the most undervalued and rated player to have worn the rd and white.

2) I rate him one of the most important player to the side. He will be vc at worst His value to our side/lub cannot be underestimated.

Johnsy,

I think he is a great club man as he agreed to be moved within the team structure to fill voids for the good of the club. I don't think many other players would agree to be moved around as much as Benny was.

I hope to see him at no 1 this year, as he would give one ball to stop a try. I think he has been the best no 1 since Mike Potter.

watatank

Coach
watatank

Now we are getting somewhere. Perhaps I should have just asked the question straight up :lol:

I completely agree with this assessment. I was wondering what others thought of him.

Is Hornby as important as Matt Geyer was to Melbourne (good player on his day, declined to a bench player at best, ending up plugging holes) or is he better than that? IMO there's no way he would not be in the 17, if available.

Last edited:

petetheileet

First Grade
Hornby needs to be in the run on side....

He has skill and ability

and a massive heart!!!

He bleeds red

and white

_Johnsy

Referee
I'd say more important than geyer.

Why ? He is a better player in every facet of the game.

j0nesy

Bench
I'd have him at fullback, he is as safe as houses under the high ball and his positional play is second to none. If not fullback, then I'd use him as our utility back, he'd make an excellent backup hooker, coming off the bench.

Yet I still rate him a better 5/8th than half.

_Johnsy

Referee
I think we should be making an offer to wing, salary cap dependant. We need a quality 1/2 who can and will take the line on.

watatank

Coach
I'd say more important than geyer.

Why ? He is a better player in every facet of the game.

That's not the point. Not first choice anywhere but ends up plugging the gaps. If we got a halfback he would no longer be first choice (he may not even be first choice if Head comes good). He doesn't seem to be first choice at fullback and there's no way he would be first choice for any other positions bar injury.

No doubt he is valuable though, but it's not a dissimilar position to Geyer

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
I think we should be making an offer to wing, salary cap dependant. We need a quality 1/2 who can and will take the line on.
whats he on at souths 500k say no more, not intrested for that sort of money and if his going to break hi contract i dont think he can play for another australian club.
what about Bird:shock:his tough, wants another chance and he would be salary cap freindly

Cagey Mac

Bench
ide love to have Bird in our team, his got passion and loads of it

He's a cheap shot merchant and the passion is blind passion
Give him 12 months with the Dalai Lama to counterbalance his lack of civility and he'd be useful but failing that IMO, he'll come to no good wherever he goes

rushndude

Bench
Bird would be an absolutely terrible signing. A good player maybe, but a disgrace of a human being. We dont need his kind at the Dragons.