What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

if mateo is ready

hindy111

Post Whore
if it where my team and mateo is ready to come back into team....
well smith back into centres mateo-inu or reddy to wing on bench and bye bye burty? Woh what a monster set of backs

Im suprised some people are contemplating whether or not to bring him back-He is behind hayne our best player-haha talking about keeping lowrie instead of him-Are use all ok?????
And when keatings fit goodbye robson....

mickdo

Coach
Yeah, I've been a bit surprised too. Mateo straight back in for sure... probably for Wright.

JoeyJoJo83

Juniors
Why drop Burt whats he done wrong to deserve that? At the very most he should be playing off the bench with Smith or Wright being sent back to Wenty, same as KK when he is fit play him from the bench our starting 13 has been pretty soild

I thing the question most people would have is - is he worth risking for this season, if he isnt fully fit. The way the boys have been playing, as I mentioned in a previous thread, they should beat the Sharks. If we cant beat the Sharks on current form & with all of their players out, then we dont deserve to go to the semis, Mateo or not

Eelementary

Post Whore
1). Learn to type ffs

2). Lowrie has contributed to more wins this season against better teams than the so-called second best player in the team

3). Why change a winning formula?

bartman

Immortal
I'd like to see Ben Smith in the starting pack in Lowrie's place, with Lowrie on the bench.

Then bring Mateo in for Lowrie the week after.

And then swap Mateo to the starting pack and Smith to the bench the week after.

Bringing K Keating back will just be a matter of having him train for a full week with the firsts team before being selected, and DA deciding whether he wants to drop Robson to Wenty or Mortimer to U20s.

Kornstar

Coach
Don't worry, as soon as we lose to the Sharks everyone will be calling for Robson & Lowrie!

Wow, what do you know they are the 2 positons that Mateo & KK occupy..........

Problem solved!

COACH STERLING

Juniors
Mateo off the bench.

He can easily slot into 3 positions. This way there isn't too many distruptions to the line up. Robo, Kinga and Morts all keep their spots.

Parra Steve

Juniors
Mateo to lock, Lowrie to 2nd Row and Joe G back to the bench to play a prop role, Wright drops off is how id go.

hindy111

Post Whore
eaither way people saying why change a winning formula-well to make it better silly : ) Lowries been solid-but not yet seen him do anything good.I mean 18 tackles a game and 70 mtrs when play 80 mins aint great stats

andrew057

First Grade
1). Learn to type ffs

2). Lowrie has contributed to more wins this season against better teams than the so-called second best player in the team

3). Why change a winning formula?

1) Ugh

2) Ever consider thats because Mateo missed more than half the season?

3) What a load of nonsense. Maybe because it could make the Eels an even better team? I wonder if Thurston was injured and the Cows started winning if they'd keep him out of the team so they dont "change a winning formula" :lol:

Eels Dude

Coach
Mateo should go straight back into lock. No disrespect to Lowrie, he's playing well and trying his guts out every week but we need to be picking our best 17 available every week. We need at least 2 front rowers, or players that can play front row, on the bench so Wright gets my nod ahead of him.

Haynzy

First Grade
I think Parra Steve is about right....

The way that DA has had Lowrie running wide in attack seems to me designed for Mateo and Lowrie has been fairly inneffective in this role.

Lowrie plays more mins than Joe and has been strong in defence for the most part.

Joe has better go forward and impact than Wright.

Eelementary

Post Whore
1) Ugh

2) Ever consider thats because Mateo missed more than half the season?

3) What a load of nonsense. Maybe because it could make the Eels an even better team? I wonder if Thurston was injured and the Cows started winning if they'd keep him out of the team so they dont "change a winning formula" :lol:

1). No.

2). No. That's irrelevant - Lowrie has done nothing wrong and doesn't deserve the crap some of you heap on him.

3). Mateo, compared to Thurston? Mateo has had a very, very ordinary season this year and there is no reason to bring him back ahead of a bloke like Lowrie who has actually contributed to our recent form in a positive way.

Last edited: