What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If the origin rules were different....

Jimminy

Juniors
Did the thread starter mean something like this? Good idea if so:

Queensland
7. Peter Sterling (born in Toowoomba)

NSW
10. Tamou (born in NZ?)

I'm certain I couldn't fill both teams with enough players who've played in the history of origin..

Qld: Lam, Civonaceva, Hunt, Inglis? Carrol? Thorn?

NSW: Sterling, Tamou, Uate, Mason? Hayne?

I may have missed a few but I wonder can anybody fill a team with all players in the history of origin that have played for Qld or NSW that weren't born in the state they played for? Anything with a ? means I'm not half certain where they were born.

Boganater

Juniors
Don't you then think it speaks volumes, that the guy chose to play for QLD?

I can see the bashing of his morals here in 3, 2, 1...

With someone in his ear no doubt, he also came into grade at a club full of QLD players.
Either way he's gone, it's still annoying watching him tear our right side defence a new one 3 times a year.

Last edited:

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Did you know that Greg Inglis has like 13 tries and twenty thousand line breaks from only 16 origin games? I've been told by expert sources that they think if he's even near the ball, then the video ref is tempted to award him tries. He's that good.

What an awesome big game player.

Just a Queensland champion following the footsteps of other big game winners. Acts like a NSWman off the field a bit. But he spent too much time there growing up, poor lad.

ANTiLAG

First Grade

Queensland

NSW
10. Tamou (born in NZ?)

I'm certain I couldn't fill both teams with enough players who've played in the history of origin..

NSW: Sterling, Tamou, Uate, Mason? Hayne?

I may have missed a few but I wonder can anybody fill a team with all players in the history of origin that have played for Qld or NSW that weren't born in the state they played for? Anything with a ? means I'm not half certain where they were born.

Bollocks:

New New South Walers

1. Ken Nagas (Bundaberg),
2. James McManus (Scotland),
3. John Hopoate (Tonga),
4. Timana Tahu (Melbourne),
5. Hazem El Masri (Lebanon),
6. Peter Wallace (Melbourne),
7. Peter Sterling (Toowoomba),
8. Dean Pay (Melbourne),
9. Ben Elias (Lebanon),
10. Justin Poore (Bunbury, WA),
11. Ian Roberts (London),
12. Willie Mason (Auckland),
13. Mario Fenech (Malta)
14 Ken Nagas (Bundaberg)
15 Akuila Uate (Fiji)
16 James Tamou (NZ)

Coach: Ricky Stuart (Mars)

Queenzealand

1 Karmichael Hunt (Auckland)
2 Mat Rogers (Caringbah)
3 Paul Bowman (Newcastle, NSW)
4 Greg Inglis (NSW)
5 Israel Folau (Minto).
6 Julian ONeil (Hornsby)
7 Adrian Lam (PNG)
8 Craig Smith (Kaitaia)
9 Michael Crocker (Auburn, NSW)
10 Petro Civoniciva (Fiji)
11 Sam Thaiday (Sydney)
12 Brad Thorn (NZ)
13 Billy Moore (Tenterfield)
14 Chris Flannery (Cowra, NSW)
15 Neville Costigan (PNG)
16 Tonie Carrol (Chrsitchurch)
17 Lote Tuquri (Fiji)
18 Ben Teo (Auckland)

Coach: Graham Lowe (Auckland)

There is definitely more.

Last edited:

Jimminy

Juniors
3. John Hopoate (Tonga),
8. Dean Pay (Melbourne),
9. Ben Elias (Lebanon),
13. Mario Fenech (Malta)
14 Ken Nagas (Bundaberg)
15 Akuila Uate (Fiji)

Craig Smith (Kaitaia) for Qld.
Israel Folau (Minto).
Billy Moore (Tenterfield) - but that is really unfair!

There's defintely more.

There must be. I didn't know Ken Nagas was a doppleganger for a start.. Just joking.. Where was Tamou born? And what about a full team for Qld?

Last edited:

Mr Fourex

Bench

Queensland

NSW
10. Tamou (born in NZ?)

NSW: Sterling, Tamou, Uate, Mason? Hayne? Steve Rogers

ANTiLAG

First Grade
XXXX, you sure Steve Rogers was born in Queensland? Because RLP says he was born in Sutherland, NSW. Jiminy asked where people were born, not about first senior game.

Charlie124

First Grade
Bollocks:

New New South Walers

3. John Hopoate (Tonga),
8. Dean Pay (Melbourne),
9. Ben Elias (Lebanon),
13. Mario Fenech (Malta)
14 Ken Nagas (Bundaberg)
15 Akuila Uate (Fiji)
16 James Tamou (NZ)

Coach: Ricky Stuart (Mars)

"but but but QLD are the ones who flaunt the eligibility rules, not NSW. I dont care what the facts are!"

Bretto

Bench
It works both ways. Both states have done it with a number of players over the years. This is not the problem. The problem is the eligibility criteria.

bluey

Bench
FMD most don't care about players like Thorn,tamou,uate,Hunt because they qualify.
Its when a player that should have a common sense ruling and because of some weak officials has to put up with playing for the wrong state and coping shit when all that was needed was someone to do their bloody job.

KennyatWembley

Juniors
Why has the whinging got louder? Is it because at 15 matches Inglis has now played more for QLD than Sterling played for NSW (13)? Or something to do with that troublesome number 6?

user_nat

Coach
FMD most don't care about players like Thorn,tamou,uate,Hunt because they qualify.
Its when a player that should have a common sense ruling and because of some weak officials has to put up with playing for the wrong state and coping shit when all that was needed was someone to do their bloody job.

So Inglis and?

IanG

Coach
Let 'em choose.

How many of you Queenslanders or Blues followers would choose the other side if given the option?

Never in a million years. Born and bred in NSW and I was nearly 16 before I even set foot in Queensland.

Canard

Immortal
It works both ways. Both states have done it with a number of players over the years. This is not the problem. The problem is the eligibility criteria.

Its only an issue when NSW lose, otherwise its fine.

orochimaru

Juniors
Under eligibility rules, how did GI get to play for queensland? , he doesn't live there, he's not from there, no background what so ever.

bottle

Coach
Its only an issue when NSW lose, otherwise its fine.

It's been an issue for a long time and is only going to get worse ala Tamou, win, lose or draw. Whilst things may have been put in place to try and prevent another Inglis, the Tamou like situations only stand to escalate and increase the farce.

Something needs to be done, and quick, before the creation consumes the creator, and destroys any semblance of standing that the International part of RL has left.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Under eligibility rules, how did GI get to play for queensland? , he doesn't live there, he's not from there, no background what so ever.

He has background there. Went to school at Wavell High School, Brisbane. Made Aus schoolboys from that team. Also played Queensland Cup.