What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If....

hotsnow

Juniors
Mander gets the Grand Final it's a joke. Let me state right now, based off tonights performance the Dragons do not deserve to be in the Grand Final. They had plenty of time to retain the scoreline.Similarly Mander was absolutely terrible. He stuck the knife in and the Dragons twisted it. The Dragons season came down to this match and they stuffed it. The referee should also be under the same conditions. He was a disgrace.

However the Tigers played fantastically. You deserve everything that comes your way. Very well played.

rabs

Staff member
for the second week in a row the Tigers win by virtue of their holding down in the play the ball, honestly I can't believe they're not conceding more penalties for this

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
I think Mander had one of his better games. He did make a couple of booboos but overall did a good enough job. Don't know whether he should have the whistle for the GF but I would be happy enough to see him given it.

Riddell

Juniors
Overall i thought he did ok, but the decision against Barrett IMO was incorrect and it was a turning point but in saying that i can't say that it would have made a difference. He should get the final IMO

hotsnow

Juniors
You ask, I'll give.

* The "mistake" at the beginning of the game by the dragons where it was a one-on-one strip by the Tigers. Tigers scored off the scrum. Nine never showed the replay.

* Constant marker and tackle infringments let go

* Barrett 'held' incident

* Prince put grubber into in-goal, chasers were offside, dragons drop out. This happened a few sets after Creagh was penalised for in-front of the kicker (correctly).

* Barrett close to the line on the burst dropped the ball. In front of him were 3 offside tigers, right infront of Mander.

Before you all flame away like idiots, I have already stated the dragons had plenty of time to score enough points, the game could have been theirs if they were good enough - they weren't. But Mander was still sh*thouse. Naturally, I only see the bad calls against the Dragons. If there were bad ones against the Tigers as well then it's even more reason to give the GF whistle to someone else.

Angry_eel

First Grade
Dragons were overconfident and they lost not because they didn't play the last two weeks but because they basically had given the title to themselves. I had predicted them losing the grand final because of this overconfidence but it happened even earlier.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I agree there HS, but at the same time he did alot to keep the Dragons in the game. Bad decisions did go both ways.

nqboy

First Grade
Technically the decision against Barrett looked to be the correct one.

http://www.rli.ie/rules.html

2.1 .3 A player in possession is tackled:-
a) When he/she is held by one or more opposing players and the ball or the hand or arm holding the ball comes into contact with the ground.
b) When he/she is held by one or more opposing players in such a manner that he/she can make no further progress and cannot part with the ball.
c) When being held by an opponent and the tackled player makes it evident he/she has succumbed to the tackle and wishes to be released in order to play the ball.
d) When he/she is lying on the ground and an opponent places a hand on him/her.

I realise this is not the NRL Rulebook I'm quoting from and would welcome correction if someone can show differently from that.

* The "mistake" at the beginning of the game by the dragons where it was a one-on-one strip by the Tigers. Tigers scored off the scrum. Nine never showed the replay.

* Constant marker and tackle infringments let go

* Barrett 'held' incident

* Prince put grubber into in-goal, chasers were offside, dragons drop out. This happened a few sets after Creagh was penalised for in-front of the kicker (correctly).

why are they all dragons mistakes the ref made your one sided he let go a few forward passes too u guys too

hotsnow

Juniors
Sorry Joel Caine, I edited my post. I added
Naturally, I only see the bad calls against the Dragons. If there were bad ones against the Tigers as well then it's even more reason to give the GF whistle to someone else.

I'm not trying to say Mander cost us the game, the Tigers did that and we also did it to ourselves. I'm trying to say he made some absolute shockers.

Riddell

Juniors
Angry_eel said:
Dragons were overconfident and they lost not because they didn't play the last two weeks but because they basically had given the title to themselves. I had predicted them losing the grand final because of this overconfidence but it happened even earlier.

Your a deadset joke . . . they weren't overconfident . . . just didn't handle the ball very well on the night. Please give one bit of support that they were overconfident . . . because basically your just pulling it out of your arse trying to find fault in the Dragons attitude towards the game. f**k ppl like you are annoying just conveniently making some bullsh*t up to suit your argument

KFC

Juniors
If I were a Dragons fan I'd be unhappy with Mander's performance.

If I were a Tigers fan and we'd lost I'd be unhappy with Mander's performance.

The standard of refereeing is very worrying and the only good thing about Mander's performance is it didn't effect the outcome of the game.

The Tigers were the best team.

Alex28

Coach
The Trent Barrett Held incident was a massive call - Mander has held "Called" when Barrett has started to move forward after getting off the ground. It was debatable whether he was held at all, and given the crowd and the lateness of the call the fair thing to do would have been to get him to go back and play the ball. Mander converted what could have been 18-16 Dragons to 20-12 Tigers. It is an enormous call and I don't think he got it at all correct.

In saying that the Dragons were diabolical tonight and continued their fine tradition in choking when it counts - year in, year out. :)

hotsnow

Juniors
Calling it choking is very disrespectful to the Tigers IMO. Although, we were our second worst enemy tonight.

Alex28

Coach
The Tigers defence wasn't that great tonight and if the Dragons were on their game, they would have won and could have won by plenty. It's great that the Tigers are through to the Grand Final, however they'll need to go up another level to even be competitive against Parramatta.

Latest posts