What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Im not a wrist slitter - but we dont have it....thats the season

blacklock

Juniors
altho cronulla lost me 50 when i put it down on the 14.5 line (grrrrrrrr) i still think they will rebound and come back. theyre a good team but need to regain that grit they had initially. i think they basically switched off. i dont think this is cause to think their year is over.

Feej

First Grade
Back on topic.... I'm a slitter.

I'm out of here. Over this shit.

No really I've had it.

We truly will never win a comp. I'm hopeful of winning the biggest most dramatic forum exit as it would be nice to win something.

Out.
You'll be back. You know it... I bet you're reading this right now.

Stinkler

Juniors
Im not a slitter. Im with forum supahero Stinkler who says the coaching tonight was up to scratch & the captain laughing with Parra players all through the game is..."OK!!!"

Yeah righto knob.
I'm pretty sure I'm filthy that Gallen was resting on his exercse bike for most of the 2nd half. I'm pretty sure the coach was the one that put him there. I'm pretty sure I'm filthy at the laughing at the end of the game.
But whatever you think.

Vin Fizz

Bench
It ain't souths coastal. Can someone explain why you would have a bunny In your av when you follow someone else? Anyway bad loss tonight but momentum going into the finals is what we want. Probably a 5 -8 side in reality. String wins together going into the finals. We haven't done that for a while. This premiership winning shit will take time. A couple of years. We all got a bit excited.

chewsta

First Grade
Gallen is all about origin at the moment and it's f**king disgusting!
The Gallen of old would have been furious at that shit! But instead he has a good laugh at the post match interview with andy raymond and cares f**k all about the loss.
Origin can well and truly f**k right off!

And so can Laurie Daley for that matter, what a f**kEN corn hole that merkin is!

Totally disgusted at that performance! The sharks should deadset be filthy with that shit! Pathetic!

Feej

First Grade
Probably demonstrates (yet again) how poor our backs are. Should have scored more points with all the pill we had in the first half, but we don't have a Slater, Barber or Stewart etc.

Still our achilles heel.

azzah72

Bench
NOW! it feels like a sharks forum....

I was getting worried!

FYI, I'm not concerned..... Eels were really desperate and we weren't.

Lesson learned.

Avenger

Immortal
We were just more desperate than you guys. At least you will make the 8 and Gordon will transform your team.

Amozzie

Juniors
You guys must be joking?

The game was simply won on possession.
You had all the ball and completed every set bar one in the first half.

Parramatta did virtually the same in the second half.

You lost with an almost perfect completion rate for the entire match but you didn't get the possession in the second half - that should show you that in the NRL it's about possession more than anything else.

Losing like that stinks, but you shouldn't think your team played poorly by any stretch of the imagination.

The sharks will absolutely be in the finals & should be well & truly in the running for the top 4.

I was at the game, we controlled it well for most of the first half, we were shown up on the left hand side where most of their tries were scored, Isaac Gordon and to a lesser extent, the Pom. The forwards did their job, Carney was trying to be involved in as much as he could. We lost control in the second half and they got their 2nd wind. Of course having Hayne helped them, he set up 4 of their 5 tries, our guys seemed to star gaze at him a lot of the time. We really need to defend to compensate for our lack of pace out wide, and cut the ball off before it reaches opposing three quarters. Enough said, we're a reasonably talented team, except the talent does not extend to the wings. And I hear Michael Gordon is about 2 weeks away from playing ????

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
You guys must be joking?

The game was simply won on possession.
You had all the ball and completed every set bar one in the first half.

Parramatta did virtually the same in the second half.

You lost with an almost perfect completion rate for the entire match but you didn't get the possession in the second half - that should show you that in the NRL it's about possession more than anything else.

Losing like that stinks, but you shouldn't think your team played poorly by any stretch of the imagination.

The sharks will absolutely be in the finals & should be well & truly in the running for the top 4.

Yep. it was all about posession. After 2 tackles 45 seconds into the second half, the team was so fatigued, they let Ben Roberts( Ben Pharking ROBERTS!!!!!!!!!!) stroll through our best defenders to set up for the first of Parras "possession trys".
Possession my arse. Sharks had enough ball to put 40 points on in that first half & the defense was putting up zero resistance. That 2nd half was about attitude & leadership.
The coachng staff failed to switch the team back on for the 2nd half & our leaders mind was elsewhere.

webShark

definetly need a clean out from 2-5. they ripped us to shreds down the edges

You can add 7 to the list. This sad part is Matt Wright is probably better than Gordon and Stapleton.

This Stapo lovers will be back on soon. He was not quick before he surgery. We must have the slowest back line in the NRL.

A rock solis source says Flanno not over the moon with Galls SOO priority and will/won't he be fit attitude. No wonder Flanno said no point going on after Eels lead by 8. Gall had been off then for 30. I am nearly as bad as Ausguy. Didn't see us making the 4 before the game. Probably slide to about 10th. Carney can't carry 6 other backs. Yes , Robbo is a nuffie. That is why he should be in NSW Cup. Reefy may not rate Chad , but he is better than Robbo. To be honest, I am probably on my own in thinking Ben Ross is average at best.

Titans game will now be more difficult. At least they have Prince to direct them. We have Robbo and Wade. Dreadfully.

Eelementary

Post Whore
For what it's worth, guys, we were really desperate - Burty's 250th celebration, coach under pressure, etc. We desperately needed to show we are not as bad as our ladder position indicates, and to out credit, we did just that.

The Sharks are a strong team - awesome pack, good halves and good enough backs. Keep the faith - you'll be sweet.

Ads

First Grade
You can add 7 to the list. This sad part is Matt Wright is probably better than Gordon and Stapleton.

This Stapo lovers will be back on soon. He was not quick before he surgery. We must have the slowest back line in the NRL.

A rock solis source says Flanno not over the moon with Galls SOO priority and will/won't he be fit attitude. No wonder Flanno said no point going on after Eels lead by 8. Gall had been off then for 30. I am nearly as bad as Ausguy. Didn't see us making the 4 before the game. Probably slide to about 10th. Carney can't carry 6 other backs. Yes , Robbo is a nuffie. That is why he should be in NSW Cup. Reefy may not rate Chad , but he is better than Robbo. To be honest, I am probably on my own in thinking Ben Ross is average at best.

Titans game will now be more difficult. At least they have Prince to direct them. We have Robbo and Wade. Dreadfully.

Mostly agree. Though Matt Wright isn't better than stapo and ike. Can anyone tell me what he actually does during a game? He is solid under the bomb and runs back hard but thats it. No support play, no passing game, nothing. As bad as ike was tonight he has pace which can do some damage.

Our season hinges on an early release of Flash Gordon.

Quigs

Immortal
Moi.... lifes like a box-o-choclates.

Might git me a boat 'n go shrimpin'

Probably jag a drowned former PM in my first cast of the net.

Amozzie

Juniors
Reefy you cannot expect that a side will not jag a try against you at any stage courtesy of a break, be it 40 seconds or 40 minutes into a half. That happens to any or every team each weekend.

Para's defence deserves some credit, but 20 points in a first half is still an above average effort this season.

You scored 20 points on the back of 18 or 19 completed sets.

They scored 23 on the back of something similar.
You had sweet FA ball in that second half.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Reefy you cannot expect that a side will not jag a try against you at any stage courtesy of a break, be it 40 seconds or 40 minutes into a half. That happens to any or every team each weekend.

Para's defence deserves some credit, but 20 points in a first half is still an above average effort this season.

You scored 20 points on the back of 18 or 19 completed sets.

They scored 23 on the back of something similar.
You had sweet FA ball in that second half.

You have no idea of how fatigue works if you think that was a posession based win.
We had 70% possession in the first 40. parra were gone. Some of our players had 2 tackles to their name by half time. The game just doesnt restart again with everybody feelin all fresh.
Cronulla ran out fresh parra ran out pharked. Our captain ran out making jokes with the commentator. That is after he was laughing with Hindmarsh in the latter stages of the first half. The players look up to Gallen for leadership & he showed zero.
Then our half time silent Coach takes our best props off at a critical stage & replaces them with 2 lazy players in Tafua & Fafita. Suddenly Carney thinks he has to do it all by himself & he gets the jitters again.
If Bellamy or Hasler had have seen Gallen in the first half they would have hooked him.

webShark

Mostly agree. Though Matt Wright isn't better than stapo and ike. Can anyone tell me what he actually does during a game? He is solid under the bomb and runs back hard but thats it. No support play, no passing game, nothing. As bad as ike was tonight he has pace which can do some damage.

Our season hinges on an early release of Flash Gordon.

Ike maybe fast but I have seen him about 20 times and only once has he shown it. Best game was against the Storm. Wright is solid but adds nothing in attack. Saw Ike twice in NSW Cup finals last year at FB and was disappointing. So , ironically, our fastest back is not a footballer and our other backs are hindered by lack of place.

By the way , Ike showed it against the Broncs with a storming try in a big defeat. Big deal. Would have liked to see us risk Gagai. Previously, not been keen on taking players who are a risk. But TC worked out and we need to find a solution. Reggie's and Toyota Cup crop not going that well. Flash a step in the right direction. The price for Jennings is a concern, but Jeez he might get over the line and put the defence on notice. Can it be that hard to recruit backs? Just ignore all those without pace would narrow it down. Barba won the Dogs the game because he was fast enough to chase down the Souths player. Parra scored from a break and we never even got near to chasing him down. Probably cos Ike was lying on the ground after missing the tackle.

Teams will wise up to TC being our sole threat in attack. Back to the inside ball to Gall or Smith I suppose.