What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Im not a wrist slitter - but we dont have it....thats the season

Sphagnum

Coach
It's not over yet. Bottom of the 8 is realistic. Get Michael Gordon early and we will be in with a shot. Can't expect our backline to fire every week when apart from carney they are all rank average. M Gordon instead of Matt wright and we instantly have more points in us.

Wright was the best player on the field for Cronulla tonight imo. The wingers were awful, not Wright.

Click2000

Juniors
one of the guys who comes on and looks dangerous in attack is Wade Graham... I reckon he should be on more minutes and mix his lines up a bit, he's pretty much running that in and out every time out wide but maybe he should be running off a few different angles, same with Bakuya

We've just looked more pedestrian in attack last few games

shaggs

Coach
Our attack looks pedestrian because we haven't changed it since round 1. We are rolling through the sets exactly the same week after week.

Teams can defend us easily.

Ads

First Grade
Wright was the best player on the field for Cronulla tonight imo. The wingers were awful, not Wright.

Wright was solid. That's it never going to win us games. Just offers nothing at all in attack. Fairly vital for a fullback.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
^^

Agreed, Wright was very solid, no lack of effort. But we need more from that position.

I say I.Gordon is the best fullback at the club.

Neither Wright nor Gordon can handle wing.

Give Wright a go at centre with Best outside him.

Gordon to fullback, until we get the other Gordon next year.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
We are now going to be brought back to reality that we are in fact a botton four side. Its been great to see the first 13 rounds but its been coming.

Stupid plays, like kicking for 2 points in the first five minutes? Not finding touch? Lowly one out plays? Retarted wingers?

Only a botton 4 side would have lost tonight!
I'll be fair and say it didn't matter who played last night, Parramatta would have won.

They have been going very close to winning several games lately.

Gordon rushing up and in off his wing constantly isolated his centre, who ended up having to defend 2 on 1 a lot of the time in the second half.

And Pom and Best aren't the worlds best lateral movers.

Sharks came out in the second half flat, thinking they'd done enough. They lacked the killer instinct to go for the kill while they had Parra down.

Parra were brilliant in that second 40. A lacklustre looking Sharks outfit just made it easier for them.

Is it the end of the Sharks year? f**k no. Only a f**king sook and a sore loser would give up on his side so quickly.

When was the last time a team won every game they played? 1959

You won't all your games. What you can hope for is that the losses are close and the team is putting in.

Which I can safely say, the Sharks have been doing this much better than about 12 other teams this year.

snoozer

Bench
we lost cause i bet a carton of piss on the game.

did that with souffs, tigs, dogs and newy.

all other games i either didn't bet(no takers) or bet less than a carton.

sorry guys - will make sure any further bets are less than a carton.

parraeels2010

Juniors
Lol at these bogan fans. 1 loss and your looking for a new side to support but earlier in the year after 2 wins in arow you were grand final bound. Parramatta will finish higher than the sharks, they will be lucky to win another to games all year.

Lol@Crapella

Vin Fizz

Bench
That's another Para10 classic prediction that's going straight to the pool room. It can sit beside the Taylor prediction, the SBW prediction and Carney wont be seleceted for Origin again.

Gallen=God

Juniors
Lol at these bogan fans. 1 loss and your looking for a new side to support but earlier in the year after 2 wins in arow you were grand final bound. Parramatta will finish higher than the sharks, they will be lucky to win another to games all year.

Lol@Crapella

Dude you've won two games out of 12.... you still suck
To top that if Hayne so much as hurts a pinky you guys WON'T win another game this season because he is your team. Enjoy the spoon

Last edited:

Feej

First Grade
What's a "Crapella"? Something to do with one of the Ella brothers that used to play for Parra?

Gallen=God

Juniors
He is not a superstar, you're right. But he would be a hell of a lot better than any of the backline we have at the moment. At least we he would do the things we need him to do like support play. Have a look at this video and tell me if any of our backline ever does this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFvr6VpsVeU

Mate this video isn't even that great. Aside from the first highlight, theres nothing there that Matt Wright or a fit Nathan Gardner can't do. Also the majority of the highlights were from one game against the Donkeys.

See Gards. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMr39wA0LoM

Breadman

Juniors
The most concerning thing for me was the ease that Parra strolled through the guts of our defense. This ain't the first time either, from memory it has happened in every game since we beat Melbourne. Our ruck defense is just horrible at the moment.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
It falls apart when Gibbs gets benched. Used to happen at the Tigers too. The bloke is defence adhesive.

Latest posts