What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Im not a wrist slitter - but we dont have it....thats the season

Amozzie

Juniors
No. You're right. The game "doesn't just re-start again with everyone fresh."

However, fatigued or not, if you receive 70% of possession as para did in the second half, you are certainly helped in combating it.

Parra were out on their feet in the first half but despite a mountain of possession against them they held you to 20 points. Their defence deserves some credit. It wasn't as if the sharks didn't pose a threat.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
No. You're right. The game "doesn't just re-start again with everyone fresh."

However, fatigued or not, if you receive 70% of possession as para did in the second half, you are certainly helped in combating it.

Parra were out on their feet in the first half but despite a mountain of possession against them they held you to 20 points. Their defence deserves some credit. It wasn't as if the sharks didn't pose a threat.
The Sharks were impotent. Clear as day. parra were ready to lay down. They had dishpan eyes looking at each other & knowing the avalanche was on its way.
They were the only 17 people in the world who thought that.

cleary89

Coach
c**k suckers in pink didn't help our cause. I think I witnessed one team being referreed in the second half, shifted momentum nicely to parramatta. the non penalty for our player being rotated well past horizontal to almost head first into the dirt was laughable

turned it off after after 65 mins. billion dollar pay day for TV rights? Pfft, can stick that up your ass. No wonder crowds are down with that shit

Officiating this year has been sub standard for a professional sport.

Crowds are up dumb merkin.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Swap the fullbacks, we win.

Wright was not bad either, solid game, but you need more from your 1 in attack.

Our defence out wide is suspect still also.

Click2000

Juniors
You have no idea of how fatigue works if you think that was a posession based win.
We had 70% possession in the first 40. parra were gone. Some of our players had 2 tackles to their name by half time. The game just doesnt restart again with everybody feelin all fresh.
Cronulla ran out fresh parra ran out pharked. Our captain ran out making jokes with the commentator. That is after he was laughing with Hindmarsh in the latter stages of the first half. The players look up to Gallen for leadership & he showed zero.
Then our half time silent Coach takes our best props off at a critical stage & replaces them with 2 lazy players in Tafua & Fafita. Suddenly Carney thinks he has to do it all by himself & he gets the jitters again.
If Bellamy or Hasler had have seen Gallen in the first half they would have hooked him.

Completely agree mate I was thinking the same thing, he had no intensity in his game and was acting like he didn't give a f**k.... I thought Fafita and Tafua were bloody terrible

1st time I've been pissd off at Gallen in years..

You know what I hope the Blues lose now just to get this Origin crap out of the way so we can get on with our season!!!!!

Frailty

First Grade
It was a horrible performance and there is no excuse to lose a game when we were up by 14 at the break! Especially from a team coming last on the ladder.

I knew this loss was coming. People were too quick to write off the Bulldogs game because we didn't have Gal or Carney. Our defence this year, minus the Storm game, has been abhorrent. We have kept one team to below 10 points this year and that was the Dragons (who have been horrible in attack this year).

It is simply not good enough. We are two losses away from dropping out of the 8. I can already say we will lose to the Titans next week, and I don't see a better result for our games against the Warriors and Broncos (though we have the advantage of facing them without half of their side - but we struggle against the young broncos anytime we've faced them).

1-4 in the last four games. Not a good enough performance.

Quigs

Immortal
I'd kill for a Ingliss, Slater, Hayne style of player in our side.

Brutal fact is we dont have one. Carney can be creative thats a given but we just dont have the cattle to be a serious threat.

Good pretenders but a long way short of contender.

So my two bobs worth, enjoy the rest of the ride.

Psssst get Jennings Now.

Vin Fizz

Bench
I hear ya Quigs but that said we have gotten ourselves into a good spot without luck this year. I'm not so sure we are pretenders. If we hadnt been dudded in Round 1 we would still be second and this conversation would be different. Momentum is what we want. Look at where the tiges are now versus 6 weeks back. I think Reefs onto something about this fatigue bizo. We have looked fatigued since before the bye and still do. Gal seems to be running on emtpy for mine. Toddy's got the yips and the others are trying to step up. Talent is there, now is the time for some crafty man management to get the lads fresh. Stay in touch with the leaders and make a run for the GF.

Special K

Coach
Sign someone so we do not have a backline of Wright, Gordon, Pom, Best and Stapleton.

Anyone. Gordon was putrid.

newman

First Grade
God what a bunch of sooks.

Im with you. Geez it was one loss. Parra were desperate and they were due to win one sooner or later. Home game for them, shitty monday night etc etc. We got in front and switched off, not good but it happens. Hardly worth necking yourself over.

Frailty

First Grade
Im with you. Geez it was one loss. Parra were desperate and they were due to win one sooner or later. Home game for them, shitty monday night etc etc. We got in front and switched off, not good but it happens. Hardly worth necking yourself over.

3 losses in 4 games. In the last 4 games the opposition has averaged over 24 pointsA 6-2 start shows we are capable of so much more, but if we keep producing what we have in the last 5 weeks we will miss out on the 8.

Hopefully, we don't end up like previous years with a good start followed by a long losing streak.

PR_SHARK

Juniors
Yes, i think the worst part of our losses have been our defence...absolutely terrible...especially last night down the edges, where 2-5 are defending. So they are dreadful in attack and weak in defence. No wonder people want these guys gone. Someone should have been with Carney when he made that half break in the first half close to the line...instead he threw a miracle pass out the back without looking. I am sick of these average centres/wingers who only have moments of good play...but are more of a liability

Gallen=God

Juniors
I've always said we would not win this year, we are not doing anything more than we have done in the last three years. Until we start flogging sides this and showing some goddam consistency we will not win. Also Gordon will not transform our team, we wasnt even that big a player in Penrith. He's no superstar.

All this being said, we will win a comp one day. I'm certainly never going to jump ship and go for some other side.

PR_SHARK

Juniors
I've always said we would not win this year, we are not doing anything more than we have done in the last three years. Until we start flogging sides this and showing some goddam consistency we will not win. Also Gordon will not transform our team, we wasnt even that big a player in Penrith. He's no superstar.

All this being said, we will win a comp one day. I'm certainly never going to jump ship and go for some other side.

He is not a superstar, you're right. But he would be a hell of a lot better than any of the backline we have at the moment. At least we he would do the things we need him to do like support play. Have a look at this video and tell me if any of our backline ever does this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFvr6VpsVeU