What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm not on Drugs but Burt needs to be Fullback

I know he f**ks up heaps and I have been his biggest critic but we need his goal kicking. We need every single point. Mckinnon is a better fullback but Burt kicks goals.............. Opinions??

Hellsy

Immortal
He has been quite good at that since returning from injury to the top grade.

Yes from me, but how do you drop Wade? or do you? what are your thoughts there?

Utey

Coach
Mckinnon was a pedestrian for the 2nd half of the Cowboys game. Iam still saying Burts GKing is too valuable to replace him for. Burt when uninjured would always get my #1 jersey.

bradeel

Juniors
i am also concerned about the goal kicking issue - Luke Burt seems to be the only one who can kick pretty consistently. He was also killing it until the Broncos match when everyone struggled. I wouldn't have a problem with him playing instead of Wade McKinnon - he had an oridinary match against the Cowboys anyway.

TheParraboy

Staff member
We field our best attacking and defensive side on the paddock, then choose a kicker from there

Wade for me

With Caylo and Vella in the side, Riddell may just play his normal hooking role and spend more time on the field

Stagger eel

Staff member
considering the over all picture I would still sacrifice Luke's kicking by having Wade there..only just thiough.

Angry_eel

First Grade
i think kicking goals is very important we ned all the help we can get and burt will provide it. He's great in kicking and not too bad at fullback so he gets my vote.

i see why you are saying that with caylo and vella both back someone has to go, delaney is my choice and either burt or wade...id go for burt as well

eelsrocks

Juniors
having watched last game again cowboys and seen wade missed at least 3 last tackles to let in 3 tries(somthing like that anyway), i don;t think he offers much more than burt. Plus burt can kick goal which NO ONE else seems to be able to. so burt get my vote.

scottyeel

Bench
I'd go with Burty. Most of our attack is going to Hayne's wing so our tries are all being scored out wide.

strider

Post Whore
wade was kinda crap last friday .... and burts kicking would be very handy (see el masri winning the game against the panthers today) ..... but burty can come up with really poor defense at times - but wade did that on friday too

but overall i think wade is probably still the better option :?

Eelectrica

Referee
To win this game we're going to have to roll some dice. Safety first won't get it done. So with that in mind, go with the Burt and have goal kicking covered.
Another thing he might be useful for is finding touch from the option 20 metre tap/kick. Hitting one of them could help turn the game in our favour, and something we're going to have to attempt.

mickdo

Coach
i reckon burt. wade had a shocker on friday, and we just need the goal kicking too badly.

xr62nv

Juniors
Have to have burt ..

if riddell is off the field and we score a few tries out wide and we have to get the goals to win or stay in the game.. im not sure morris could get them ..

Y2Eel

First Grade
i'd choose burty for his kicking and kick chase option he chases that thing all over the place like a 1 year old cattle dog...

bradeel

Juniors
I agree with that call about Burt's ability to kick the long ball for 40/20s as well as his goal kicking. He was our only player who kicked them in 2005 if I recall correctly. I actually couldn't believe that Morris, Smith and others didn't try the 40/20 on Friday night when struggling to get out of our end zone and the forwards too knackered to do get us some decent field position. Surely a game plan worth considering??

Latest posts