What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Fitzy We Trust

Frenzy.

Immortal
I see where you're coming from , it's been so long since we've seen an in form Wade you wonder if he'll had anything to the team. Hopefully he can string some games together and we see prime Wade for the first time in a while.

Mostly this, 269 NRL and 24 rep games of experience.

The pack is nearly at 2016 experience levels with Feefeeta, Tolman, Finucane, McInnes and Graham. You can't replicate that (1149 NRL games and 65 rep games) in total. Experience tends to win a lot of big games with 2021 the most notable exception

No wonder the younger forwards are growing third legs

Chimp

Bench
Lets get rid of the the most experienced Sharks player in the team. Does my head in.
Not saying get rid, saying ‘don’t walk straight back into a winning team’. What message does it say to players who’re smashing it week after week in his absence if he walks straight back in ans takes their jersey?

I get the whole ‘club legend’ and ‘runs on the board’ sentiment, but let’s be honest, when was his last even half decent innings? I’d say honestly, 2016… He should earn his place back IMO

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Just seems chimp the club is trying to build a culture of respect and leadership. To not include a fit WG in the team because Teig has been playing well goes against that. Tieg is Mr 2025, his time will come.

Chimp

Bench
Just seems chimp the club is trying to build a culture of respect and leadership. To not include a fit WG in the team because Teig has been playing well goes against that. Tieg is Mr 2025, his time will come.
I think there’s a half way house… A fit and firing Wade should be ahead of Tieg, but why not have a run with reggies first to blow off the cobwebs, get some minutes in the legs and get some timing back….

Gets Wade returning in best shape and shows that being a ‘name’ doesn’t provide any shortcuts, and that efforts/performance count…

Frenzy.

Immortal
Not saying get rid, saying ‘don’t walk straight back into a winning team’. What message does it say to players who’re smashing it week after week in his absence if he walks straight back in ans takes their jersey?

I get the whole ‘club legend’ and ‘runs on the board’ sentiment, but let’s be honest, when was his last even half decent innings? I’d say honestly, 2016… He should earn his place back IMO

Walking straight back in has worked for the Roosters, Storm etc. The successful clubs. Cordner always came straight back in. Friend came back in for a GF after being out practically all year. Roosters covered Cronk with a fractured Scapula FFS.

He'll play. He's the club captain. Ask some players if they want him in or out. They'll all say yes.

R-15-3

Bench
I don’t think he needs to earn is way back in but mentally getting his head & timing right with his defence a week or 2 smashing reserve graders would do him wonders.

coolumsharkie

Referee
I think there’s a half way house… A fit and firing Wade should be ahead of Tieg, but why not have a run with reggies first to blow off the cobwebs, get some minutes in the legs and get some timing back….

Gets Wade returning in best shape and shows that being a ‘name’ doesn’t provide any shortcuts, and that efforts/performance count…
That is bollocks ol mate. He's the club Captain and will start in the 17 as soon as he's ready.

Bluey, I'm not talking about his head health and making the assumption that he has had enough time off to recover from it. The only thing keeping him out of the team is his ankle.

I think wades form has been ordinary the last few years but i look at what fitzy and co have done with some other veteran under achievers of the last few years ie moylan and fifita - even tolman looks miles better so if they bring him back in ASAP who am i to argue.

Weaponhead

Coach
A fit and in form Wade Graham adds another dimension to this team. His ballplaying, kicking, defence and leadership will make a difference. The complication is that, as has been said, he has not been at his peak for a couple of years now.

The system now is so much stronger than it has been in 4+ years. The leadership burden is shared between several players, giving more space for Wade to concentrate on his own game.

With Teig and Sifa both more than capable left edge backrowers, he won't need to play 80 when he comes back. He can take some time to build into the season. Fitz will be planning to have him peaking from July through September (October, hopefully).

Frenzy.

Immortal
A fit and in form Wade Graham adds another dimension to this team. His ballplaying, kicking, defence and leadership will make a difference. The complication is that, as has been said, he has not been at his peak for a couple of years now.

The system now is so much stronger than it has been in 4+ years. The leadership burden is shared between several players, giving more space for Wade to concentrate on his own game.

With Teig and Sifa both more than capable left edge backrowers, he won't need to play 80 when he comes back. He can take some time to build into the season. Fitz will be planning to have him peaking from July through September (October, hopefully).

Salient point. He will no longer have to be the influencer. Won't have to be him to make the inspirational big hit. Make the impossible play because no one else can. When Moyza was always injured, Kennedy was learning, Chad was Chadding etc Wade had to bear a lot of added weight in 2019 and 2020. 2021 was a sit out year to get his head right,

Frenzy.

Immortal
I also find it interesting that he watches the games from the bench. Not the bo like most injured captains. He's down with the boys. I bet that;s where they want him too

Frailty

First Grade
I'd ease him back from the bench...

... But I'll trust whatever Fitzy determines. He hasn't disappointed me yet.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Had a random thought today that hadn’t crossed my mind.

Fitz will be a long term head coach and think with his experience pedigree and so far evidence of his coaching abilities that it’s highly unlikely he doesn’t win a grand final.

Thats exciting.