What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Fitzy We Trust

Special K

Coach
They are trying to build long term success. Fitz won't get everything RIGHT but he has already shown he leaves no stone unturned and builds a great culture. I find it hard to believe we won't be in a better place in 5 years if we stick with the same vision.

Where these things come unstuck are when not everyone is onboard or when egos come into play. Fitz has zero ego from the outside and is an incredibly hard worker. This allows us to have confidence in every negotiation with a player, jnr, sponsor etc that this is our vision for the next 5 years. Take a guy like Stonestreet for example. If he signs and understands he is behind Katoa, Ronald but if he works on these things he can get his spot then that gives him confidence to stick around because he knows Fitz is telling him something and Fitz will be here in 18 months.

Fitz was not signed to win us a comp in year 1. We are just starting the journey. Good coaches are hard to get.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
They are trying to build long term success. Fitz won't get everything RIGHT but he has already shown he leaves no stone unturned and builds a great culture. I find it hard to believe we won't be in a better place in 5 years if we stick with the same vision.

Where these things come unstuck are when not everyone is onboard or when egos come into play. Fitz has zero ego from the outside and is an incredibly hard worker. This allows us to have confidence in every negotiation with a player, jnr, sponsor etc that this is our vision for the next 5 years. Take a guy like Stonestreet for example. If he signs and understands he is behind Katoa, Ronald but if he works on these things he can get his spot then that gives him confidence to stick around because he knows Fitz is telling him something and Fitz will be here in 18 months.

Fitz was not signed to win us a comp in year 1. We are just starting the journey. Good coaches are hard to get.
Spot on....gives the club great stability and that’s handy when it comes to negotiations with players. Case in point is the Goons....couldn’t attract flies to a shit atm. Not saying we win the comp this year but it appears that the window will be open for the next few years. That’s all that matters to me.

The biggest let down around the club right now is how the stadium has been screwed over by the development. We need upgrades to stay there. It should be the clubs next big focus imo.
Mate, don't start me on this. We're boxed right into a spot the size of a postage stamp and really can't see us staying there long term

Frenzy.

Immortal

You sound like Mark Bouris talking about the Roosters.

Good listen. It's on the Bye Round podcast

R-15-3

Bench
Can’t see us there full time for in the future. I give it 3 years till we are playing 4-6 games out of shark park and the rest out of SFS.
Without 100% government funding any dollar spent on anything except corporate facilities is just flushing money down the toilet, we arnt a massive international team owned by some billionaire.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Can’t see us there full time for in the future. I give it 3 years till we are playing 4-6 games out of shark park and the rest out of SFS.
Without 100% government funding any dollar spent on anything except corporate facilities is just flushing money down the toilet, we arnt a massive international team owned by some billionaire.

I think something like that is a foregone conclusion. The club should spend money on buses.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
I’d be surprised if the toilet worked.

Stake Removed

First Grade
That Saudi Group like to buy teams maybe we can be next play one game a year in Saudia Arabia

toomuchsoup

Juniors
Just saw a billboard for fox sports on Parramatta rd. It featured some swans player, some super car/f1? driver and….. Sweet Nicho Hynes in the almighty black white and blue. That is such a good sign for the club

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Think there’s a bit of jumping the gun on the move from Shark Park. While I agree it’s possible some of our marquee games may be moved....the refurbished Leagues club needs the footy to attract new patrons. I’d be holding off on the assumption that our days are done at Shark park until we see what the finished product is post construction and once the capacity returns to 16/17k. At the end of the day our crowd average is barely 12k in recent years and the home ground once again becoming a fortress is beneficial to the footy side as well.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Ap
Just saw a billboard for fox sports on Parramatta rd. It featured some swans player, some super car/f1? driver and….. Sweet Nicho Hynes in the almighty black white and blue. That is such a good sign for the club
Appears that Nicho is fast becoming one of the pin up boys of fox....seeing his melon everywhere atm.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Great news about Fitzy. Best thing about it was that no one seemed to know about it until the club announced it. What a change that has been.
I am guessing and we have made many signings like this, all hush then done.
The Hynes one this time could be his manager putting it out in public domain, as we normally get these things done now without any hype.

bluefox68

Staff member
It is well worth listening to James Graham’s podcast - The Bye Round - with Mark Bouris…

Success starts at the top - board level. This is often stated, but he goes through the intricacies of it very well.

Fitzy KNOWS this - and is seeking to effect change at the Sharks.

This is why I’m confident about our future!!!

txta2

Bench
Hence the term setting us up. You don’t think Fitz is worth the punt?
Not yet, no. Being flogged in finals and losing a final they should've won sounds like many failed coaches of the past. The clubs history shows this.
I'm just questioning the reasons behind being so quick to back him. I'm meh on last year being a success. I was REALLY disappointed in some of the players efforts in the finals

Last edited: