What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Fitzy We Trust

Chimp

Bench
Geez Chimp I know you're from the Old Dart but are you paying attention?

75 former players now supporting legal action on concussion
Largely players from the 80’s and 90’s - players who played in an era where you got knocked out, had the magic sponge and played on, because at that time, there was no evidence or understanding even in the medical world of the links between concussion and longer term brain injuries, CTE wasn’t even a recognised thing back then. Players playing in an era where heavy drinking sessions after training and matches was the norm, concussion or no concussion.
It’s a bullshit cynical claim from people looking to make a quick earn.

Also, let’s take Bobbie Goulding who’s probably the most famous. A player who was renowned for being a dirty player with a very short temper himself, who’d have been responsible for many concussions due to his illegal tackles, a player who’s career was blighted by the fact he was a heavy drinker (sacked from Leeds for a drunken altercation with the coach), multiple disciplinary issues related to alchohol, a bloke who was done for domestic violence during his playing career, a bloke who post retirement crashed his family car at speed into a tree in a drink driving incident, a bloke who’s been in rehab for illegal substance abuse and has shared his story of a lifelong battle with mental health issues, drink and drug abuse etc etc…. Yet it’s the games fault he gets angry and has neurological issues - nothing to do with all the other things he CHOSEN to do in his life that are also proven to cause neurological damage (statistically significantly more damage than concussion by the way too).
These claims are absolute bullshit!

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Been a couple of months since we had some Fitzy love…. Please reaffirm your faith here. Hopefully he’s back on track now after masquerading as Lt. John Frewen on the Covid updates. Only 7 weeks till his Sharks debut.

Last edited:

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Been a couple of months since we had some Fitzy love…. Please reaffirm your faith here. Hopefully he’s back on track now after masquerading as Lt. John Frewen on the Covid updates. Only 7 weeks till his Sharks debut.
From what I’ve seen of ore season training there is a focus on defence. Most anticipated trials I can remember since Carney came to town.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
From what I’ve seen of ore season training there is a focus on defence. Most anticipated trials I can remember since Carney came to town.
f**k we must have been easily pleased in those days… getting excited about Toddy. Oh that’s right… Robbo was our half wasn’t he?…he’d make Chad look exciting.

Lachy Miller says "from the moment Fitzy said hello to me I knew that pretty much he was the coach for me"

Stake Removed

First Grade
Lachy Miller says "from the moment Fitzy said hello to me I knew that pretty much he was the coach for me"

He had him at hello

Latest posts