What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Memoriam

horrie hastings

First Grade
RIP Florian Schneider.

Member of pioneering Krautrock band Kraftwerk, he was so influential in popularising electronic music, as well as innovating in the areas of drum machines & synthesisers, art performance and production techniques, that most bands post-1980 are indebted to Florian and his bandmate Ralf Hütter.

Florian spent near on 40 years with Kraftwerk before leaving the band in 2008, with an enviable legacy.

He sadly passed away after his 73rd birthday after a battle with cancer.

Personally, Kraftwerk's ambience, aural palette and futuristic sounds continue to inspire me as I use their works to soundtrack my own writing. Today, in honour of Florian, I'll be cranking up Autobahn, Trans-Europa Express and Die Mensch-Maschine.

This is my favourite song of Kraftwerk's too...

View attachment 38130

Oh dear and Dave Greenfield from The Stranglers has passed away too, that's two big ones in 24hrs :neutral_face:

Just heard about Jerry Stiller.

You know you've succeeded in pop culture where your quote enters the lexicon.

Serenity now, funny man. Serenity now. RIP
images (4).jpeg

I got some terrible news today that Rupert Hine has passed away from cancer at 72.

His biggest ‘hit’ was probably the surprise hit ‘Lone Ranger’ with the band Quantum Jump in 1979.

His solo work in the early mid 80s is particularly awesome and I love it. ‘Surface Tension’ is a great track.

He produced countless singles and albums and was an amazing individual. His work with The Fixx was great, and check out the soundtrack to Better Off Dead.

Try out his two best ofs :
  • Unshy on the Skyline - The Best of Rupert Hine (Compilation) (2015)
  • Fighting Apathy With Shock - The Best of Rupert Hine as Thinkman (Compilation) (2019)

I don’t generally cry much but I had a hard lump throat burn and tears aplenty hearing the news this morning.

Im sorry if I am waffling but Rupert Hine was an incredibly gifted musician producer and the world is lesser for his passing.

Generalzod

Immortal
RIP Joel Schumacher

The Batman movies aside he did direct Flatliners, St Elmos Fire and The Lost Boys, DC Cab and Falling Down...all ‘classic’ movies of my formative years.
Falling down was a great film, so was the lost boys, I never got into all the St Elmo fire hype the song was great though so was the love theme for the movie but favourite film of his was this it had Richard Donner written all over this film

upload_2020-6-24_10-32-28.jpeg

horrie hastings

First Grade
Falling down was a great film, so was the lost boys, I never got into all the St Elmo fire hype the song was great though so was the love theme for the movie but favourite film of his was this it had Richard Donner written all over this film

View attachment 39423

Think it might be time to revisit The Lost Boys and Flatliners, cant remember the last time i watched them, would be well over 20 years ago.

horrie hastings

First Grade

Latest posts