What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Indigenous Side Named

Big Time

Juniors
You know, I never thought of Dell as Indigenous - what's his background?

North Queensland I think. He was talking to Sam Thaiday on footy show last year about being Murri.

The bloke is as black as the ace of spades, hails from QLD and played for Australia. You colour blind??

Raider_69

Post Whore
Well done to the three canberra lads
well deserved. Waddell is the best hooker in that list. He'll be playing alot of game time imo

nqcowboy87

Bench
PJ Marsh
Brisbane Broncos

“I’ve always had a connection with Indigenous people but to discover my heritage three years ago will make this an emotional experience for me”

or i just found out im 1/15th aboriginal which makes me eligible for this game

andrew123

Juniors
1. Preston Campbell ©
2. Nathan Merritt
3. Greg Inglis
4. Justin Hodges
5. Wendell Sailor
6. Scott Prince
7. Johnathan Thurston

8. Carl Webb
9. Travis Waddell
10. George Rose
11. Sam Thaiday
12. Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
13. Cory Paterson

14. Jamie Soward
15. Daine Laurie
16. Yileen Gordon
17. Jamal Idris
18. Jharal Yow Yeh
19. PJ Marsh
20. Joel Thompson

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Weird that PJ Marsh only just discovered his heritage as he always looked indigenous to me. I had always just assumed he was part-something.

Canard

Immortal
North Queensland I think. He was talking to Sam Thaiday on footy show last year about being Murri.

The bloke is as black as the ace of spades, hails from QLD and played for Australia. You colour blind??

Wendell looks more Torres Strait Islander than Murri though, unless he is part Murri, I would say he has less Murri then Yao Ming.

Years ago there was a persistent urban myth/rumour in NQ that Wendell's "real" dad was Clive Lloyd (former West Indian Cricket Captain). I call BS on this obsviously (were WI even touring Australia in 73/74??)

Canard

Immortal
So what will Webb hit first?

The Buffet Line, follow by the Desert Cart than some after dinner mints.

Than after 15 mins he will be huffing and puffing and poor water all over his face like he has actually done something.

I hear John Buttigieg is mentoring him on how to lose weight.

dubopov

Coach
Wendell looks more Torres Strait Islander than Murri though, unless he is part Murri, I would say he has less Murri then Yao Ming.

Years ago there was a persistent urban myth/rumour in NQ that Wendell's "real" dad was Clive Lloyd (former West Indian Cricket Captain). I call BS on this obsviously (were WI even touring Australia in 73/74??)

It was supposed to be Viv Richards ..

beave

Coach

It wasn't Clive it was Viv Richards I believe.

He doesn't look Murri, more calypso but I know that his mum is aboriginal so he qualifies. His family up here are known for their sporting prowess, even the girls.

little_aza

Juniors
If players are 1/8th aborigine, i don't think they should be part of the team.

Well the Common Law states, according to Justice Merkel's judgment in Shaw v Wolf (1998), that: "Aboriginal people define Aboriginality not by skin colour, but by relationships...the official definition accepts anyone who identifies as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander and is accepted as such in their community." Basically, from where I see it, anyone who identifies themselves as Indigenous, no matter how small the genetic connection is, is in fact Indigenous, if so accepted by their community.

Well the Common Law states, according to Justice Merkel's judgment in Shaw v Wolf (1998), that: "Aboriginal people define Aboriginality not by skin colour, but by relationships...the official definition accepts anyone who identifies as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander and is accepted as such in their community." Basically, from where I see it, anyone who identifies themselves as Indigenous, no matter how small the genetic connection is, is in fact Indigenous, if so accepted by their community.

Ridiculous ruling. All tasmanians must be aborigine.

Latest posts