What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inglis: have we seen the best of him?

Inglis: have we seen the best of him?

• Yes

Votes: 45 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 38 36.2%
  • Maybe

Votes: 22 21.0%

• Total voters

some11

Referee
Hahaha, and they had the same thing this year. Why did they come in below Souths?

No Hodges all year, key players injured for weeks at a time, youngsters burnt out towards the end of the year and, Lockyer out injured in the last rounds and Wallace not leading in his place.

BranVan3000

Coach
No Hodges all year, key players injured for weeks at a time, youngsters burnt out towards the end of the year and, Lockyer out injured in the last rounds and Wallace not leading in his place.
Souths had worse injury concerns than that, what is your point?

Eels Dude

Coach

1) You could say the same for Souths but to a far greater extent
2) You could say the same again just replace Lockyer with Sutton

Evenflow

Bench
GI's currently at 118kg's..

But...but...but he's had surgery so he has an excuse to blow out like the Stay Puft marshmellow man....It's funny, about 6 years ago i broke my leg in 3 places and literally didn't walk for 4 months yet i only put on just under 3 kg's with absolutely sweet FA physical exercise in that time simply because i couldn't. All that and i was still on the piss!

Now i'll tell you i'm certainly no elite athlete and sure as sh*t don't earn $700k a year with the advantage of dieticians and sports scientists in my ear telling me what to eat and how to train. Though Inglis has a shoulder op and puts on about 4 times the weight as what what i did and his apologists can't come out quick enough and blame the surgery for his out and out fatness. Did his shoulder surgery stop him from walking and keeping the fat off? Or did it stop him in partaking in any other exercise he could've done that didn't affect his shoulder to help him stay in some sort of shape and not blow out like he has?

Looks like the only running he's done is to the nearest KFC and Pizza Hut, though clearly he rang up for delivery for the latter because he obviously didn't run there :lol:

The 18th Man

Juniors
But...but...but he's had surgery so he has an excuse to blow out like the Stay Puft marshmellow man....It's funny, about 6 years ago i broke my leg in 3 places and literally didn't walk for 4 months yet i only put on just under 3 kg's with absolutely sweet FA physical exercise in that time simply because i couldn't. All that and i was still on the piss!

Now i'll tell you i'm certainly no elite athlete and sure as sh*t don't earn $700k a year with the advantage of dieticians and sports scientists in my ear telling me what to eat and how to train. Though Inglis has a shoulder op and puts on about 4 times the weight as what what i did and his apologists can't come out quick enough and blame the surgery for his out and out fatness. Did his shoulder surgery stop him from walking and keeping the fat off? Or did it stop him in partaking in any other exercise he could've done that didn't affect his shoulder to help him stay in some sort of shape and not blow out like he has?

Looks like the only running he's done is to the nearest KFC and Pizza Hut, though clearly he rang up for delivery for the latter because he obviously didn't run there :lol:

Without going in to the science of it, do you think comparing your physical activity to that of an elite athelete training six days a week is fair? Any elite sportsmen who isn't able too or chooses not to keep some type of fitness routine in the off-season "blows up" but in a negative way e.g. skin fold increase.

I think it's been said, Inglis as added kilos before and has been ready for the season. I don't think we should dismiss him for taking advantage of the delights of the off-season.

See Brad Fittler after his first Kangaroo Tour too by the way. It happens.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Without going in to the science of it, do you think comparing your physical activity to that of an elite athelete training six days a week is fair? Any elite sportsmen who isn't able too or chooses not to keep some type of fitness routine in the off-season "blows up" but in a negative way e.g. skin fold increase.

I think it's been said, Inglis as added kilos before and has been ready for the season. I don't think we should dismiss him for taking advantage of the delights of the off-season.

See Brad Fittler after his first Kangaroo Tour too by the way. It happens.
The problem this year is his off season started in April/May when the storm got the shaft for the year. He's being putting on the pud since then, not since September/October.

Hooch

Juniors
It's f**ken unprofessional, the only way he puts on that much is he totally ignores any exercise and just f**ken eats like he's playing twice a week.

Who knows, maybe he's got an eating disorder and I shouldn't knock him... maybe it's because the Storm stopped caring once he decided to leave and with no one to pinch his skin every few weeks he just loaded up on maccas and pop tarts...

Souths better make the GF cos the way GI is going he should just be starting to hit his straps by then... He carried extra weight last season and it took him a long time to bring it down to a level where he could play consistent footy, and he wasn't carrying anywhere near what he is now...

Eels Dude

Coach
I can sort of understand it. Professional athletes train so much and use so much energy they probably eat twice as much as a normal person to keep the energy levels and playing weight up. Take a month of holidays they're still eating as much because that's what they're used to, but their weight blows up because they're not doing the exercise to burn the calories. Though Inglis has put on a bit more than normal for a short amount of time.

boxhead

First Grade
I have responded to poll with maybe , as i believe he only needs to deliver to his prior best form to go down as the best running back that has played since the 1960's i.e. when i started watching the game.

Have to disagree with you there. There are so many players I can think of that are by far better running backs than Inglis has ever shown he can be.

The 18th Man

Juniors
I can sort of understand it. Professional athletes train so much and use so much energy they probably eat twice as much as a normal person to keep the energy levels and playing weight up. Take a month of holidays they're still eating as much because that's what they're used to, but their weight blows up because they're not doing the exercise to burn the calories. Though Inglis has put on a bit more than normal for a short amount of time.

Putting it simply, spot on in most cases Eels Dude.

It's a fair concern raised by some that any lack of physical activity due to injuries or recovery from surgery is a concern, though I am sure Errol Alcott knows how to manage Inglis' weight and rehab.

RWB

Bench
I think we have seen the best but I certainly don't think he will decline as a player.

I think there are a few more attributes people will start to notice and question more because he isn't in the salary cap rorting Storm side or the most dominant origin side in history but that doesnt necessarily mean he will be worse.

Moving from Melbourne (Slater, Finch, Cronk & Smith) and QLD (Slater, Lockyer, Thurston & Smith) to Souths (Wesser, Sutton, Sandow & Luke) is going to make any player look less than what they have looked in the past so in that sense maybe we have seen the best unless he can find a way to a) get more involved or b) find a new position (most suitably fullback imo).

Matt23

Staff member
Depend's if he can drop some weight, if not then we may well have seen the best of him

Latest posts