What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inglis: have we seen the best of him?

Inglis: have we seen the best of him?

• Yes

Votes: 45 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 38 36.2%
  • Maybe

Votes: 22 21.0%

• Total voters

kbw

Bench
Its interesting one player I think that half fits that role is Merritt.
He was terrible when he was first at Souths, then he left I think for Cronulla. He was pretty ordinary there too.
While I don't think he is rep std, he certainly has come along way since I believed he was one of the worst players in the game.

Dragon Dave

Bench
Inglis has been at his best with the best players around him.

Smith and Cronk at the Storm.

Lockyer and Thurston for QLD/Australia.

He is now playing outside one of the most inconsistent halves combinations in the NRL. If he loses the weight, he will be back to his best next season, but only if he gets picked for QLD/Aus.

This is seriously some of the dumbest sh*t Ive read on these forums. Surely youre just being a troll.
X10000.
Seriously i think the only thing stopping him is motivation..
Would love to see him coached by Bennett for a couple of seasons,he would definately have the right attitude to playing if he stuck it out.
But sadly i think he will just go downhill especially with Mundine in his ear.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
People like Federer and Nadal have all the money in the world and yet still try there very best every single time(even when they play with injuries) they play,losers like Inglis are a lazy disgrace.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Hewitt knows every time he plays Nadal or Federer he will lose but still chases every ball down and nearly kills himself trying his best

Inglis = Lazy disgrace = no heart = cat

Liddell

Juniors
X10000.
Seriously i think the only thing stopping him is motivation..
Would love to see him coached by Bennett for a couple of seasons,he would definately have the right attitude to playing if he stuck it out.
But sadly i think he will just go downhill especially with Mundine in his ear.

Just out of curosity, why do you really think he will be a bad influence? Its well known Crowe and Mundine are close, so if anything wouldnt you think thats a good thing?

SoftSydney

Juniors
The fat argument is stupid imo GI's success for failure lays in the halves and position he plays in, I would slot him in at FB.

Noa

First Grade
Hayne has far better footwork and acceleration than Inglis does. Inglis at centre never comes up against an entire set defensive line like fullbacks do. Ingls has speed over 30m, but not over 2. That is why he will never be a great fullback in my opinion. To me, he's a centre running off a ball plying pivot, or maybe a back rower.
Fb nearly always chime in from deep with minimal defensive pressure on them, centers nearly always have the line right up in there face to cut down the time & space they have.........what game have you been watching loudy.

newman

First Grade
Geez, I just watched that Youtube vid and I forgot how good he can be. There is ample footage of him carving up just about every team in the NRL with relative ease.

Eels Dude

Coach
Fb nearly always chime in from deep with minimal defensive pressure on them, centers nearly always have the line right up in there face to cut down the time & space they have.........what game have you been watching loudy.

What he is saying is that centres often get the ball in a one on one situation whereas the fullback has to come up against the line of defence on kick returns, normally having to evade 3 to 4 defenders in an attempt to break the line. Hayne's try against Penrith this year perfect example.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
At his height & frame you're all dreaming if you thought GI would not get bigger...105kgs is light for someone his size

:?

Inglis isn't big framed. The guy is skinny fat. Look at him at his prime (which was definitely some years back). He was noticeably skinny for a league player, and he had to bulk up to get to that size.

Talanexor

Juniors
Question: "Have we seen the best of Inglis yet?"

Answer: "If he goes to Souths...then yes."

End Thread

I reckon his optimum weight is 100kg (was around it in '06 IIRC) for a guy of his height. So that being said 18kg overweight is a heck of a lot, especially for an outside back