What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inglis to broncos!!!

beads6

First Grade
Titans have made an offer, I heard it was bigger than the Broncos one. GI still prefers to play for the Broncos though.

screeder

Juniors
If you believe the press he doesn't want a bar of the Titans and if we try to see it from his point of view who can blame him.

To come up to the Coast and play with a bunch of New South Welshman or play with Locky, Hodges, Thaiday, Hannant, and the young guns coming through........ No brainer.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
To come up to the Coast and play with a bunch of New South Welshman or play with Locky, Hodges, Thaiday, Hannant, and the young guns coming through........ No brainer.

I agree with you. Does it annoy anyone else that the Tits are full of NSWmen? So much for another "QLD" team :crazy:. Bring in some more QLDers!!!

DeBroncos

Juniors
Just heard on FS that the Rabbits will try and get Inglis. They said Inglis will meet with Russell Crowe for a dinner next week.

To this i say How the hell can the rabbits make him any offer and stay under the cap.

screeder

Juniors
Also been reported on B105 that Gainey said its a load of crap. Neither he nor Inglis has spoken to Crowe and nor will they.

just heard on the radio that he has signed a 3 year deal with the Bronco's - reportedly 1.5 mill with third party payments included

Jip

Juniors
I'm salivating over a Hodges - Inglis centre combo... I really hope he comes. There are a lot of good factors, and his fiancee works in Bris I believe so hopefully he follows his heart! Besides, who wouldn't want to be in Brisbane over Melbourne?

Nevcost

Juniors
Would be good if he comes if we could afford him. I remember reading a quote from a paper and it's pretty much spot on, that Inglis is like a ferrari, sure he's great but can you afford him and do you really need him.

grandorient

Bench
Lose Israel, gain (hopefully) Inglis.

You guys will end up fairly even with this exchange. It was however, really interesting to read that Locky may be staying for another 2 years; great news.

Also Hannant back, things are looking up for you guys next year. Good Luck.

By the way, what is the behind the scenes news on Inglis. Wish he would make his bloody mind up, and sign.

It looks like you guys will have another great backline next year. Perhaps the fullback needs some encouragement. Your forwards are picking up the reins really quite well too.

GO

bfoord

Juniors
Lose Israel, gain (hopefully) Inglis.

You guys will end up fairly even with this exchange. It was however, really interesting to read that Locky may be staying for another 2 years; great news.

Also Hannant back, things are looking up for you guys next year. Good Luck.

By the way, what is the behind the scenes news on Inglis. Wish he would make his bloody mind up, and sign.

It looks like you guys will have another great backline next year. Perhaps the fullback needs some encouragement. Your forwards are picking up the reins really quite well too.

GO

Its not up to Inglis ATM, the Storm still have to release him before he can sign anywhere

hellteam

First Grade
Ha, I thought the Titans were at the cap (there was rumours of even being over it!) this year...

johns_reds

First Grade
**EDIT as pointed out this was printed 2 weeks ago, sorry for the false info

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...brisbane-broncos/story-e6freomx-1225894993769

MELBOURNE Storm have earmarked a major announcement for 2.15pm today – in which it is expected Greg Inglis will be confirmed as a watershed Broncos signing. As revealed in The Courier-Mail, it is believed Inglis and Brisbane have agreed to terms for 2011 and beyond, with an official confirmation expected to be just hours away.
While the Storm are remaining tight-lipped about the nature of today's announcement, it is believed the Storm have agreed to release Inglis to meet its salary cap requirements.
The remainder of Melbourne's "Fab Four" – club captain Cameron Smith, Billy Slater and Cooper Cronk – are expected to remain to rebuild the shattered club.
With Inglis likely to be paid around $450,000 a year by Brisbane, Melbourne will likely pick up the remainder of his $650,000 annual salary.

Last edited:

Latest posts