What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inglis to broncos!!!

renouf

Juniors
I love how the club does.. or this case, doesn't negotiate with one of the best players in the game. It's like they've made Inglis an offer that isn't negotiable and we're not prepared to make another because it was refused, so now the club is sulking about it?

This is greg f**king inglis we're talking about here, the club should be doing everything it can to sign him.

hellteam

First Grade
Seriously, I wouldn't read into these stories too much. I still reckon we'll definitely be chasing him.

ponies 4ever

Juniors
If this is serious and our club is willing to cut off its' nose to spite it's face............well we are truly spoilt sulking fools. Get off your arse Gee and get GI up here on some kind of deal. He obviously wants it or he wouldn't of asked in the first place, don't start going all Cullen on us already. This is Greg Inglis and we can lay a successful 4-5 year era with this signature. As much as I love Teo and Gillett they are backrowers and we dare not go to the well once too often. THIS WOULD NOT BE AS EASY ON INGLIS AS SOME BELIEVE....... to even sound out the Broncos is a massive compliment to our organisation.

renouf

Juniors
Inglis' management must surely know that he won't get the same coin that he was on at Melbourne anywhere else.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
All hands on deck: Vossy apparently has information regarding the situation with the Broncos and GI and will throw them out on Around the Ground tonight on the footy show.

"Don't believe everything you read", he said.

Broncos93

Juniors
Yeah expecting the usual Vossy dribble, but I haven't kept the TV on this late into the footy show all year, so I must confess I'm waiting for what he has to say!

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Well that was useless. So we were only told what we already knew.

Bruno says GIs reps rejected the offer, but the Broncs are willing to talk if they ever come back.

The real catalyst of this situation is Gregs Fiancee. She'll want him as close to her as possible, so she'll put pressure on him to accept the Broncos offer.

Last edited:

screeder

Juniors
Good to hear we're not prepared to throw much more than 400k at him. Both parties here have got something to offer. We've got location, he's got power, skill, speed.

Laugh at any club who kills themselves scraping together 600k.

tkr

Juniors
If Melbourne's big stars are overpaid at Melbourne, how do people expect to recieve the same money at another club?

badav

Bench
If Melbourne's big stars are overpaid at Melbourne, how do people expect to recieve the same money at another club?

Players managers are like used car salesmen. Of course they are going to expect the same money.

Dazzat

First Grade
I still have enough faith to believe that not all confidential negotiations between two parties are immediately plastered all over the newspapers.

Fair dinkum ... some people on these threads must think journalists sit at the desk while clubs, players and their management negotiate ... ha ha.

No, journalists, ask people, who know people, who ask people, who guess, who don't know, and often will say anything to see their comments in the paper.

Fish wrap ...

applesauce

Bench
Quick question about the new salary cap rules.

I read that 3 cars are available per club to give to a players outside the cap.

Audi are a major sponsor who's to say he can't be given a R8 supercar and if a sponsor can't be involved in the deal what's to stop the Broncos from just giving him a Ferrari (ie is there a limit on cost)?

Pretty easy way to give a player "cash" in the form of a car for a club like Brisbane.

applesauce

Bench
Greg Inglis set to leave Melbourne Storm and sign with Brisbane Broncos
July 17, 2010

Melbourne Storm superstar Greg Inglis is tipped to sign a multi-year deal with the Brisbane Broncos on Monday.

Forty-eight hours after a News Limited commissioned report revealed Melbourne had exceeded the salary cap by more than $3 million dollars over the past four seasons, Inglis is set to break up the Storm's "fab four'' and accept a two-year deal with Brisbane.

In a stunning turnaround after Inglis's manager Allan Gainey knocked back Brisbane's one and only offer of around $400,000-a-season on Monday, he is understood to have contacted the club's football operations manager Andrew Gee on Thursday to re-open negotiations.

It's believed Brisbane stood firm on their initial offer when Gainey called back late in the week.

Brisbane officials refused to comment on southern reports the deal had been done with Inglis.

However it's believed Inglis will ink a two-year deal with the six-time premiers on Monday unless something unexpected happens over the weekend.

Inglis's signing is a massive coup for Brisbane who will lose giant young centre Israel Folau to the AFL at the end of the season.

However it didn't look like eventuating earlier in the week after Gainey rejected Brisbane's offer.

"The offer we put to them (Inglis) is what we could afford and what fits in the cap," Gee said on Thursday just before the Deloitte released the startling results of his forensic investigation into Melbourne salary cap rorting that has seen them stripped of their 2007 and 2009 premierships all all premiership points this year.

"They (Inglis) would have have to come back to us and say what we offered might be on the mark, but by the sounds of it, it's nowhere near it."

Melbourne, who had hopes to retain Inglis, Billy Slater, Cameron Smith and Cooper Cronk, will be rocked by the news.

It's understood Melbourne agreed to a request from Inglis to leave on compassionate grounds with his fiancee working in Brisbane

Also the chance to play alongside Darren Lockyer, in his last few seasons, and with Queensland team-mate Sam Thaiday, would have really appealed to Inglis.

Melbourne are set to release a number of quality players from their roster in the hope of hanging onto Inglis, Slater, Smith and Cronk but that could all fall apart if as expected, Inglis is the first of the four to walk out the door.

Forward Aiden Tolman will join the Bulldogs while Ryan Hoffman and and Brett Finch have been linked to the Super League.

Melbourne were in Auckland on Saturday preparing to play the Warriors and could not be contacted for an official comment.

Brisbane, who continued their push towards a 19th straight finals with a tough win over the Gold Coast on Friday night, have had their eye in Inglis since Folau's announcement he was heading across to the AFL.

Coach Ivan Henjak believed his addition, combined with a host of outstanding youngsters they have developed in the past two years, would make them a real premiership force.

AAP

:clap:

AuDragon

Juniors
1- Hoffman
2- Kemp
3- Inglis
4- Hodges
5- Yow Yeh
6- Lockyer
7- Wallace
8- Tronc
9- Macca (Hunt)
10- Hannant
11- Te'o
12- Thaiday
13- Parker

14- Glenn
15- Gillett
16- Kenny
17- Take your pick of McGuire, Dodds, Hala, Lui, Ahern, etc...

I guess it could be better, but I can live with it! :lol:

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
I wouldn't be complaining too much about that lineup :D

Still reckon the #9 jersey is up for grabs and two spots on the bench (Kenny doesn't have it sewn up imo).

cornerposter

Juniors
1- Hoffman
2- Up for Grabs
3- Inglis
4- Hodges
5- Yow Yeh
6- Lockyer
7- Wallace
8- Tronc
9- Hunt
10- Hannant
11- Te'o
12- Thaiday
13- Parker

14- Glenn
15- Gillett
16- McGuire
17- Take your pick of Kenny, Dodds, Hala, Lui, Ahern, etc...

I guess it could be better, but I can live with it! :lol:

Fixed up your errors. Top team :D

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
Corner poster who would you suggest for the other wing spot then? I think the team will be closer to AuDragons team than yours

Broncos93

Juniors
Kemp would be fine outside of Inglis. All he'd have to do is a Darius Boyd like job when he's playing origin.

If anyone can't quite remember what it is that Boyd does to score 2 tries a game, it's something like...
Watch Inglis, follow Inglis, chase Inglis, keep up with Inglis, call to Inglis, catch the pass from Inglis. Kemp's got more than enough pace to keep up with him, so I think he'll do fine :),