What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inglis to fork out $113 000 to be released

Evenflow

Bench
...and not one finals series.

It's funny cos it's true :lol:

Even funnier Inglis walking out of the Storm (yes he wanted to and no he didn't have to, there's numerous direct quotes from both parties to confirm this) then the only team he wanted to go to doesn't want him any more :lol:

There has to be much more to this than meets the eye IMO. I mean if the only came down to him having to pay say $100k then surely that alone wouldn't be enough for him to not sign the Bronc's contract? I mean if he's earning around $500k a year, while it'd be an inconvenience and you don't want to lose $100k, surely you'd cut your losses and move on to the club you want to play for. You're gonna eventually make up that shortfall soon enough and a sh*tload more on top of it. To me i get the feeling it's not as much as a simple case they're making it out to be.

But whatever may be the case........:lol:

BranVan3000

Coach

Even funnier Inglis walking out of the Storm (yes he wanted to and no he didn't have to, there's numerous direct quotes from both parties to confirm this) then the only team he wanted to go to doesn't want him any more :lol:

There has to be much more to this than meets the eye IMO. I mean if the only came down to him having to pay say $100k then surely that alone wouldn't be enough for him to not sign the Bronc's contract? I mean if he's earning around $500k a year, while it'd be an inconvenience and you don't want to lose $100k, surely you'd cut your losses and move on to the club you want to play for. You're gonna eventually make up that shortfall soon enough and a sh*tload more on top of it. To me i get the feeling it's not as much as a simple case they're making it out to be.

Why would you lose 100k when you don't have to?:roll:

BunniesMan

Immortal
GI may go Free Agent, the NRL will void his contract, then i dont see why Storm cant renew his contract and backend it like what Saints did with Gaasnier.

GI at Storm next year.. i still aint given up on it.. :p

Why would GI go free agent and piss away 2 guaranteed years? And even if he did and the Storm did backend his contract while overlooking the bad blood that's developed between the two parties recently, he'd have to play for free for a year, because the Storm are right at the salary cap as it is.

Face it, GI will spend 10 years in a Souths jersey where he'll be a grand final winner for the first time. The Storm can go ahead with "only" 3 superstars, they still have the talent to be a contender.

Stormerz

Juniors
Why would GI go free agent and piss away 2 guaranteed years? And even if he did and the Storm did backend his contract while overlooking the bad blood that's developed between the two parties recently, he'd have to play for free for a year, because the Storm are right at the salary cap as it is.

Face it, GI will spend 10 years in a Souths jersey where he'll be a grand final winner for the first time. The Storm can go ahead with "only" 3 superstars, they still have the talent to be a contender.
He's already won 2 grand finals.

BunniesMan

Immortal

He could have gone to Brisbane and paid 100k, or he could have gone to Souths and not paid 100k. Brisbane isn't that incredible that people will be paying 100k out of their pocket just to go there if they don't have to. Crowe, Mundine and Tallis obviously convinced him he has just as bright a future with Souths as he would have had in Brisbane, and without a 100k bill.

simostorm

Bench

anythings possible.. i never give up :D

If he goes to the bunnies though.. you got yourself a deadset champion man.. forget the negative rubbish that ppl say about him here.. GI running into a gap and grabbin a sutton offload will equal a try.

He's a freak.. and yea.. you may very well win the 2011 premiership if yous get GI, i got no probs in saying that..

BunniesMan

Immortal
He's already won 2 grand finals.
Let's agree to disagree.

anythings possible.. i never give up :D

If he goes to the bunnies though.. you got yourself a deadset champion man.. forget the negative rubbish that ppl say about him here.. GI running into a gap and grabbin a sutton offload will equal a try.

He's a freak.. and yea.. you may very well win the 2011 premiership if yous get GI, i got no probs in saying that..

And yeah I don't take notice of what the haters have to say, they wouldn't be saying it if GI was going to their team.

sarahk

Juniors
GI may go Free Agent, the NRL will void his contract, then i dont see why Storm cant renew his contract and backend it like what Saints did with Gaasnier.

GI at Storm next year.. i still aint given up on it.. :p

Can you guys please send over Cooper cronk to us ? :D

Evenflow

Bench
Can you guys please send over Cooper cronk to us ? :D

Are you deluded Parra fans still fantasizing about that? He's signed for another 3 years so you're either going to have to be very patient or come to terms with the fact that it's just not gonna happen and move on. Just focus and look forward to the Ox joing your ranks :lol:

sarahk

Juniors
Are you deluded Parra fans still fantasizing about that? He's signed for another 3 years so you're either going to have to be very patient or come to terms with the fact that it's just not gonna happen and move on. Just focus and look forward to the Ox joing your ranks :lol:

lol trust me if Orford was joining Parra i would DEFINITELY be looking forward to it. Let's hope Monaghan sealed the deal for us :cool:

if i had the power to.. id do it.. just for you sarahk ;-)

haha thanks Simo :D

DC_fan

Coach
Supposedly Inglis was going to sign a 2 yr $1.2m contract with the Broncos. If another NRL team is to sign him then they either have plenty of cap space left or are willing to let another bif name player leave.

Bruno Cullen believes Inglis is heading OS.

Nightward

Juniors
Superb. Didn't want him anywhere near the place.

As long as we can keep Red Hill a Ricky Stuart-free zone and plow the money that would have been wasted on Inglis into Norman, Hunt, Thaiday, Gillett, Yow Yeh and the like to retain them, we're in business.

Evenflow

Bench
Why would you lose 100k when you don't have to?:roll:

Well i spose it comes down to what's most important to you. Let's weigh it up, he wanted to go "home" to Queensland to be with his missus and support her new job while being with good mates who he really wanted to play beside. Now if he doesn't want to pay the money he'll be going to play in a city that has been reported and quoted many times that he just doesn't want to live in, not to mention he won't be moving home to a state he loves living in, supporting his missus' new job (which was reportedly the main reason he left in the first place)

Now $100k might be enough for you to stay in a city you don't want to live in and not playing with the team you wanted to and with good mates you want to but to me, and this is only my opinion i'd give up $100k in a heartbeat to have the things i really wanted as opposed to something i wasn't real keen on. Especially if i was only 23 and i knew i had the capacity to earn millions (literally) over the next 10 years or so. Now, Did i really need to spell that out for you? Surely it wasn't that hard at all to work out for you was it? That was a rhetorical question because clearly is was that hard for you :sarcasm:

BranVan3000

Coach
Well i spose it comes down to what's most important to you. Let's weigh it up, he wanted to go "home" to Queensland to be with his missus and support her new job while being with good mates who he really wanted to play beside. Now if he doesn't want to pay the money he'll be going to play in a city that has been reported and quoted many times that he just doesn't want to live in, not to mention he won't be moving home to a state he loves living in, supporting his missus' new job (which was reportedly the main reason he left in the first place)

Now $100k might be enough for you to stay in a city you don't want to live in and not playing with the team you wanted to and with good mates you want to but to me, and this is only my opinion i'd give up $100k in a heartbeat to have the things i really wanted as opposed to something i wasn't real keen on. Especially if i was only 23 and i knew i had the capacity to earn millions (literally) over the next 10 years or so. Now, Did i really need to spell that out for you? Surely it wasn't that hard at all to work out for you was it? That was a rhetorical question because clearly is was that hard for you :sarcasm:
You don't know if Inglis's situation is the same as it was six months ago nor how big a deal it really is to him. The city of choice may have just been a small tipping point when deciding between offers that are basically the same. Now the offers aren't the same, Souths offer is better. And he has mates at Souths too, Beau Champion is his cousin.

Your whole argument is moronic and assumes too much about Inglis's personal opinions and needs. There is no need to act like your argument has any depth when it's just a puddle of sh*t.

Last edited:

Gaba

First Grade
if he does go to souths, this will be the first time he will play in a team without the cronk,smiths,and slaters which made inglis look good.

Souths dont have that quality of players, i think it will be similar to justin poore where he will look average most of the year, due to going to a weaker team then the one he was at.

Like poore with the eels, i dont think inglis will help souths as the fans may think,they just dont have the players.