What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Injunction granted against Sonny Bill

wavell_cowboy

Juniors
what is the point of this. He doesnt want to play League anymore. Let him go we dont need people like him in rugby league. Its a waste of money and time. Let sonny play union and he and everyone else will figure out that he is not worth that much.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I am not sure, but I believe it means he will could be arrested if he returns to Australia, regardless of citizenship.

So Playing for the All Blacks in OZ may present an issue.

Mr Saab

Referee
what is the point of this. He doesnt want to play League anymore. Let him go we dont need people like him in rugby league. Its a waste of money and time. Let sonny play union and he and everyone else will figure out that he is not worth that much.

Because if they let him go and be done with it then other players will do something very similar.
Put him thru all this BS and it will make other players think twice.
Plus, the lawyers need the cash

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee

the point is, if we let him go then more will follow.

Shorty

Staff member
Because if they let him go and be done with it then other players will do something very similar.
Put him thru all this BS and it will make other players think twice.
Plus, the lawyers need the cash
Thankyou.

I was beginning to think I was the only one that thought this.

Eels Dude

Coach

It's about "standing up for yourself" as Sonny Bill said last night. And so should the Bulldogs. Otherwise it's just letting him win.

Eagle_Rocker

Juniors
I am not sure, but I believe it means he will could be arrested if he returns to Australia, regardless of citizenship.

So Playing for the All Blacks in OZ may present an issue.

I'm not even sure the All Blacks will be interested in all the bad press that will go along with him.

They may not be able to touch him over there, but will he like his assets seized in compensation and a contempt of court summons hanging over him if he tries to enter Australia. So much for playing for the All Blacks.

Plumplechook

Juniors
The NRL lawyers have to say they will welcome him back playing with the Bulldogs 'with glee' to support their case. If they said anything different it would destroy their case as it would be preventing SBW fulfilling the contract they argue he has broken (this is why Gallop backtracked so quickly from his threats of barring Williams from the NRL).

The reality of course is that in the unlikely event he did return to play for the Bulldogs he would be a hugely disruptive influence on the team.

This is all really about making an example of him. The last thing the Bulldogs want is SBW back....

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
I doubt he could even travel across Europe, as England would be happy to extradite him as well as far as i can tell.

hitman82

Bench
I don't think Sonny really cares about making the All Blacks tbh.
He obviously has no sense of national pride, or he would not have abandoned his country on the eve of the World Cup.
It appears that behind every bizarre rant and rave this guy spews out, is a simple factor; money. Reports say he has signed for $1 million per season. I am sure that, combined with flash accomodation, all kinds of extra benefits, and dozens of gorgeous french wh*res, will be more than enoughto keep this lowlife worm happy for the next decade or so.
I will be amazed if he ever returns to Australia or New Zealand.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
The NRL lawyers have to say they will welcome him back playing with the Bulldogs 'with glee' to support their case. If they said anything different it would destroy their case as it would be preventing SBW fulfilling the contract they argue he has broken (this is why Gallop backtracked so quickly from his threats of barring Williams from the NRL).

The reality of course is that in the unlikely event he did return to play for the Bulldogs he would be a hugely disruptive influence on the team.

This is all really about making an example of him. The last thing the Bulldogs want is SBW back....

Bring him back, give him a game... play him out of the game (never pass it to him, give him hospital balls) then justify that as a reason for him being dropped to the NSWRL.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
as Saab has said it aint about the dogs wanting him back (i sure as hell dont want him near a league jersey ever again, even if he decides tommorrow to come back for good). i think i read soemwhere that one of the bulldogs hierarchy said they'd play him in reserves if he came back.

we dont want other players f**king the game over like money bill and they need to know that if you try to f**k the rugby league, league will f**k you back.

i hope he ends up with assets being seized or arrested if he ever tries to come back.

Shorty

Staff member
I want him to play,barely two weeks over there and one week of training a sport he's never played in his life.
Let him do it,let him embarrass the hell out of himself.

hitman82

Bench
If he plays tonight he will be considered in contempt of court - meaning yes he could be arrested under Australian authority, but when and where that would occur is anyones guess.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I wouldn't think so, I think it would be something that would at least be hanging over his head if he were to return to Australia.

Latest posts