What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Injunction granted against Sonny Bill

Pass the Ball

Juniors
I believe he can retire from Rugby League..

But his contract stipulates he can not play another code without permission..

So if he wants to retire from league and drive a bus - I believe he can....

Gordon Tallis is a good example of not risking everything like SBW has. He was not happy at the Dragons and wanted out. They would not grant a release so he sat out the final season of his contract (did not play professionally). He then went to the Bronco's. Like him or not he respected the contract and did not breach the terms

blingblang

Juniors
Gordon Tallis is a good example of not risking everything like SBW has. He was not happy at the Dragons and wanted out. They would not grant a release so he sat out the final season of his contract (did not play professionally). He then went to the Bronco's. Like him or not he respected the contract and did not breach the terms

Tallis played several games of club rugby in Brisbane in 96.

Blingblang. How about you go do some research on the Super league contracts then come back trolling with some facts. I think you will find that was an entirely different set of circumstances and came down to CLUBS jumping ship. Anyway I'd like to see your homework on this one on my desktop by 5pm.

Now be a good boy and run along.. you will be very busy

he uses, "I'm my own Man" nobody speaks for Sonny Bill! Thats true.....no one turned up to speak for him today

Oh and blingblang, just for curiosity please include in your homework any information you can find on weather StGeorge agreed to Gordo playing some club rugby if he was indeed paid.

Time is getting away you better get started

Last edited:

Chapsta

Juniors
Blingblang. How about you go do some research on the Super league contracts then come back trolling with some facts. I think you will find that was an entirely different set of circumstances and came down to CLUBS jumping ship. Anyway I'd like to see your homework on this one on my desktop by 5pm.

Players could choose which competition their contracts were with.

Last edited:

CharlieF

Juniors
Arguments against a Salary cap:

Demand for a rigid cap on club payrolls amounts to a restraint of trade that, in the name of saving faltering teams in some cities, will prop up inferior teams and reduce the incentive for decent teams to excel.

An alternative that is not anticompetitive or a restraint of trade:

A rule that requires a team to slash its payroll to break-even levels after two or three years of losses would encourage fiscal responsibility and have less impact on the league-wide labor market than the player salary cap.

So with alternatives available, the NRL chose the path of restraining trade.

Eels Dude

Coach
Arguments against a Salary cap:

Demand for a rigid cap on club payrolls amounts to a restraint of trade that, in the name of saving faltering teams in some cities, will prop up inferior teams and reduce the incentive for decent teams to excel.

An alternative that is not anticompetitive or a restraint of trade:

A rule that requires a team to slash its payroll to break-even levels after two or three years of losses would encourage fiscal responsibility and have less impact on the league-wide labor market than the player salary cap.

So with alternatives available, the NRL chose the path of restraining trade.

Yes, we should believe that because you told us that.

CharlieF

Juniors
Yes, we should believe that because you told us that.

The salary cap can be saved, but only if the players union agree to it in any collective-bargaining agreement. Without this, it is a restraint of trade and no contest.

My opinion only and I am not telling anybody anything that they didn't already know.

Eels Dude

Coach
The salary cap can be saved, but only if the players union agree to it in any collective-bargaining agreement. Without this, it is a restraint of trade and no contest.

My opinion only and I am not telling anybody anything that they didn't already know.

No, you presented arguments without providing a source.

It's been stated again and again that a Salary Cap cab be allowed if it's in the best interests of the competition, and that competition have the proof to back it up. So let us see.

I don't think anyone with any common sense is suggesting there isn't huge problems that need to be addressed in the NRL and the sooner the better.

CharlieF

Juniors
No, you presented arguments without providing a source.

It's been stated again and again that a Salary Cap cab be allowed if it's in the best interests of the competition, and that competition have the proof to back it up. So let us see.

What sources are needed? They are my arguements and are really just common sense law.

Industrial relations courts don't work in the way you are saying, but I am no expert.

screeny

Bench
Good day.

Well said the previous poster who said the AB talk is a red herring as the traitor can't have any national pride having just deserted his team a few months out from a WC.

For months Khoder et al will have been saying to SBW "don't worry, everything will be ok". Hopefully this is the first crack in SBW's relationship with his 'friends' and he'll realise that everything they tell him isn't necessarily right.

PJ

First Grade
The salary cap can be saved, but only if the players union agree to it in any collective-bargaining agreement. Without this, it is a restraint of trade and no contest

My understanding is that the players union did sign off on the salary cap as part of the collective bargaining agreement with the NRL.

CharlieF

Juniors
If you guys think that when a salary cap challenge is at hand and that the players association will not back it, then you are delusional.

If the union or players association hasn't agreed to it, how can it be forced on an employee. I thought we just voted out a government on those same arguements. You can't pick and choose who to give those rights to.

My opinion only.

Latest posts