What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Irvine speaks

carcharias

Immortal
So,from all this info I have read in here I am under the impression he has done nothing wrong.

Apart from getting told off by Ricky Stuart (he aint no lone ranger there though) is there one single little thing ?

I ask but I see nothing.

MightySharks

Bench
No nothing I can see except trying to help the club he loves.Others should try to do the same instead of sniping.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Did he mention Williams and Mannah specifically Frenzy, or was he referring to a waste of money like with Ben Ross who did nothing for $400K per year for 4 years and in particular 2009 ?

No he didn't but I'm sure you have had a listen smartarrse.

In case you didn't his exact words were

Umm as you know it's a workable - a work in progress, it does sort of change a little bit, umm the club has had some restrictions due to illness and long term injury and also there's been some releases as well from last year that eat into that cap a little bit. Umm that's not anything to do with the current board situation or administration, these are hangovers from deals and things done in the past

Very poor choice of words.

Now tell me Go Nulla, who else has illnesses or long term injuries from last year?

Inferno

Coach
Fun choice of highlighting there.

Tell me Frenzy do you think that was more likely, or the 2nd half of that sentence referring to "some releases as well from last year that eat into that cap a little bit."

Williams wasn't re-injured till this year and Mannah is expected back this year. How could possibly have been referring to injured players as hangovers from deals done in the past

:roll:

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Fun choice of highlighting there.

Tell me Frenzy do you think that was more likely, or the 2nd half of that sentence referring to "some releases as well from last year that eat into that cap a little bit."

Williams wasn't re-injured till this year and Mannah is expected back this year. How could possibly have been referring to injured players as hangovers from deals done in the past

:roll:

You tell me. He said it. Listen to the interview. What I wrote is word for word from the interview.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
So,from all this info I have read in here I am under the impression he has done nothing wrong.

Apart from getting told off by Ricky Stuart (he aint no lone ranger there though) is there one single little thing ?

I ask but I see nothing.

With respect carch you are drawing a long bow in assuming he's done nothing wrong based on the possible replies of what, maybe 100 people, on a forum.

Inferno

Coach
You tell me. He said it. Listen to the interview. What I wrote is word for word from the interview.

I did listen to it, and I never got that impression at all. As I said, I think it was far more likely he was referring to releases last year that count towards this cap.

That said, I am a little over hearing how everything wrong with the club are the last board's fault.

PJ

First Grade
Disagree with you Frenzy. I listened to it live and re-read your transcript and believe he was refering to releases and other deals. I do not think he is refering to Mannah and/or Williams.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Disagree with you Frenzy. I listened to it live and re-read your transcript and believe he was refering to releases and other deals. I do not think he is refering to Mannah and/or Williams.

So who is he referring to as being ill?

Frenzy.

Post Whore

The key words are and also. It's an all encompassing sentence.

PJ

First Grade
My understanding of it is the hangovers were releases they were left with. I don't believe that Reece and Mannah's injuries were anything to do with this part of the quote, but more of the moments earlier discussions where he was explaining where we are at with the cap at the moment and why we are a little under it.

Think you are wrong on this one.

carcharias

Immortal
With respect carch you are drawing a long bow in assuming he's done nothing wrong based on the possible replies of what, maybe 100 people, on a forum.

Well, just tell us what he has done wrong.

simple question.

He is basically being accused in this forum of a wrong doing .

I am not sticking up for him and saying he has or hasn't .
I honestly don't know.
If he has done something wrong by the club ...then we should know about it.

If this is just a personal issue then I don't think this is the place to vent it.
..and I seriously hope it is not some petty little scrag fight.

..Just on Ricky .
The bloke is as passionate as anyone but he has a long track record for shooting his mouth off after not getting things go his way.
He is notorious for it to the point of being unwatchable in post match inteviews.
Even as a player he was the same.
He is the classic definition of a sore loser.

Last edited:

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
It is a very interesting situation Carch. Tonight should be interesting also. I agree with your sentiment & I cannot see how there are 2 vastly different versions of what is going on.
We now have out of 3 people,
1. The best CEO/project manager resign after 6 weeks at the club. Reason unknown.
2.One of the leading NRL coaches resign stating hewanted to stay but can't work with IRvine.
3. One of the games best & a veteran administrator/marketing manger saying the same as the coach.

I have heard Fisk & Stuart say they can work with the board, but not Irvine.

To quote Warren Ryan
"If we do our algebra correctly, if these people say they cannot work with you but can work with the board, that must mean that you are out of step with your own board"

Somebody is lying here & that is the crux of the matter Carch. If Irvine thinks Fisk & Stuart are causing problems , then they should just move Fisk out today & ban Stuart from entering the club premises or talking to players, same as happened to Anderson.
IMO, the mounting evidence both public & private mounting against Irvine is not being responded to in enough detail to satisfy anybody.

carcharias

Immortal
He may be a merkin to work with but that doesn't mean he has been up to no good.

Plenty of work places have the biggest merkin in the joint being the best company man.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
He may be a merkin to work with but that doesn't mean he has been up to no good.

Plenty of work places have the biggest merkin in the joint being the best company man.

Generally speaking that'd be dependant on what sort of merkin one is.

There are plain old hard merkins. There are smartarrse merkins. There are incompetent merkins. There are duplicitious, manipulative, lying merkins.

If, for example, a person were in the last category then that person would certainly be up to no good.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal

Carch from what I can piece together here is that the Irvine camp(Fizman) etc is saying that Sticky & Fisk have wanted out of the club for a while & have other things pre-planned to go to.
Now that makes sense to me, if I was Sticky or Fisk.
What doesnt make sense is why they would deliberately paint Irvine out to be the bad guy & the reason for leaving, which they have. What is their agenda? I have searched high & low & there is none.
So now the Irvine camp is saying that Ricky is going to the broncos with the job pre-planned.
Well , if you knew that , wouldn't you approach Brown? Well they are saying they didn't.

Who is lying & why?

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Well, just tell us what he has done wrong.

simple question.

He is basically being accused in this forum of a wrong doing .

carch, I've already responded to you once in a different post. I won't be posting anything on the forum.

I am not sticking up for him and saying he has or hasn't .
I honestly don't know.
If he has done something wrong by the club ...then we should know about it.

Yeah, members should know but since when, in any era, have the members been told the facts and the truth. You only ever get told what the teller wants you to hear. From either side. So that leaves people having to use their own sense of logic and having to following the principles based around the balance of probabilities

If this is just a personal issue then I don't think this is the place to vent it.
..and I seriously hope it is not some petty little scrag fight.

Not on my part anymore. Sure I don't like him and I don't think he should ever of been put in the role of Chairman. You don't put 2 year olds in the Melbourne Cup. I could be hearing all the wrong things for all I know but carch, they are all things that have passed my ear in the last 3 months or so. Well after Elmer got into power and at around the time a steady stream of people started walking away from the joint.

That's the big picture to look at. Look at the place over the year since the footy started. It's as dysfunctional as it ever was. Possibly more so as never in the history of the club has then been this level of abandonment by highly skilled, senior employees. This year is different. Why?

Just on Ricky .
The bloke is as passionate as anyone but he has a long track record for shooting his mouth off after not getting things go his way.
He is notorious for it to the point of being unwatchable in post match inteviews.
Even as a player he was the same.
He is the classic definition of a sore loser.

So? Has that worried you once over the last 4 years?