What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Burgess the best forward in the game?

Best forward in the game?

• Total voters

Chook Norris

First Grade
John Lang seemed to get his interchanges horribly wrong last night. Couldn't believe he had Burgess on the bench for the final ten minutes.

my thoughts precisely. If you want to mount a late comeback, Burgess is a player you'd want leading the charge

gUt

Coach
So we're not counting hookers then. Because by any measure except probably running metres, Cameron Smith is the best forward in the world.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Parker deserves to be in that list.

I agree. Has really matured into a vital cog in the Broncos lineup, though he gets little recognition for it.

As for the OP, Burgess gets the nod for mine. He'll attract a lot of haters because of how much he's been talked up in the media, but in a rare instance he has actually deserved the credit. Hard worker, hard hitter, hard runner, and with pleny of skill to boot. Thaiday gets recognition for running at halfbacks in the main, same with Dave Taylor.

Noticed there were no Dragons in moffos list of nominations. Nice to know the worst pack in the comp is the one leading it. :)

Last edited:

Liddell

Juniors
John Lang seemed to get his interchanges horribly wrong last night. Couldn't believe he had Burgess on the bench for the final ten minutes.

He had too, the guy had nothing left in the tank. In saying that though, he should have been given a spell a little earlier so there was tme to bring him back on

Latest posts