What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Channel 9 the home of rugby league?

mongoose

Coach
I watched the Ninja Warrior finale last night, was curious to see who won it and if they made the course easier. Seems like they did. Anyway... there are just no words to describe how awful Rebecca Madden and Ben Fordham are as hosts, like... my god....Channel 9 don't even try with any of their shows.

That AFL flog Crawford on the "sidelines" has the personality of a can of bean sprouts. Didn't they have Freddy Flintoff?

Sorry but I had to get this off my chest

Perth Red

Post Whore
I watched the Ninja Warrior finale last night, was curious to see who won it and if they made the course easier. Seems like they did. Anyway... there are just no words to describe how awful Rebecca Madden and Ben Fordham are as hosts, like... my god....Channel 9 don't even try with any of their shows.

That AFL flog Crawford on the "sidelines" has the personality of a can of bean sprouts. Didn't they have Freddy Flintoff?

Sorry but I had to get this off my chest

I'm staggered that more than 1million people sit on their couches watching people climb over things!

Freddie went home in March because of Covid.

Production was interrupted and Crawford drafted in.

The finale - as far as I’m aware - was the same course as previous three seasons...so not easier.

It’s still better than AFL.

LeagueXIII

First Grade
I agree. This is what happens when we get rid of the ex players who provide little insight and toilet humour, we get articulate debate.

This is how league was discussed in the past, a few journos, the odd ref, and an intelligent player or two.

Get rid of the grade 6 humour, sick of it.

Forget the Freddies, the 8th, Lockyer etc. Don't mind Gallen as he has an opinion.

Reactions: Vee

Vee

First Grade
Watching the Sunday footy show for the first time in ages. Channel 9 should turn the Inside the 10 segment into a full 30 min show. Its far better than NRL360 or 100% footy imo
Absolutely agree, have thought that since last year. Unfortunately, if they did, their profiles would rise and nein would require them to shout over each other to make it about them instead of what makes them good.

360 and 100% were good when they started.

mongoose

Coach
Absolutely agree, have thought that since last year. Unfortunately, if they did, their profiles would rise and nein would require them to shout over each other to make it about them instead of what makes them good.

360 and 100% were good when they started.

100% is ok, they didn't need to interview SBW for what seemed like 20 whole minutes a few weeks backthough...

I haven't watched 360 since 2019..

100% is ok, they didn't need to interview SBW for what seemed like 20 whole minutes a few weeks backthough...

I haven't watched 360 since 2019..

I refused to watch "360" as it was a stupid marketing title they took from their own AFL programme working on the assumption if you watch AFL 360 you know what you are getting when you watch NRL 360. I don't give a crap about what AFL shows they have, so I don't want NRL shows tainted with crap titles like that. Adding in their regular "pannelists" is the cherry on top of the sundae of why I won't watch it.

KennySterling

Juniors
I refused to watch "360" as it was a stupid marketing title they took from their own AFL programme working on the assumption if you watch AFL 360 you know what you are getting when you watch NRL 360. I don't give a crap about what AFL shows they have, so I don't want NRL shows tainted with crap titles like that. Adding in their regular "pannelists" is the cherry on top of the sundae of why I won't watch it.

You don't like listening to Hoops, Buzz & Kent then, with creepy Crawley & Read thrown in for good measure lol ?

davi

Juniors
I'm actually not a Nine basher but I switched off the Sunday Footy Show yesterday half way through. The show was poor, the coverage was biased, the show is now showing shades of the Thursday night footy show.

Brad Fittler went on a big rant on how there is gang violence on the streets. Whether Fittler has good intentions is not the point. Fittler doesn't have the expertise and is not as qualified as some to be advising on the subject. The other thing is the Sunday Footy Show is really not the platform to be talking about the subject. Fittler expertise could be compared to the same as in the general public.

The Titans won there fourth game in a row against Manly. And all the talk was about Manly and they brought on the golden boys Trbovich brothers to discuss Manly. I can guarantee you if this was a (Panthers, Storm, Roosters) win all the talk would be gushing how great there they were in their win.

The shows direction is awful and seems since 100% Footy has aired. They have made a decision to slowly water down the Football content and just have personal stories. I'm considering giving the show a miss in the future which I've have never done before as a long term viewer of the show.

Vee

First Grade
I'm actually not a Nine basher but I switched off the Sunday Footy Show yesterday half way through. The show was poor, the coverage was biased, the show is now showing shades of the Thursday night footy show.

Brad Fittler went on a big rant on how there is gang violence on the streets. Whether Fittler has good intentions is not the point. Fittler doesn't have the expertise and is not as qualified as some to be advising on the subject. The other thing is the Sunday Footy Show is really not the platform to be talking about the subject. Fittler expertise could be compared to the same as in the general public.

The Titans won there fourth game in a row against Manly. And all the talk was about Manly and they brought on the golden boys Trbovich brothers to discuss Manly. I can guarantee you if this was a (Panthers, Storm, Roosters) win all the talk would be gushing how great there they were in their win.

The shows direction is awful and seems since 100% Footy has aired. They have made a decision to slowly water down the Football content and just have personal stories. I'm considering giving the show a miss in the future which I've have never done before as a long term viewer of the show.
Gave it up this year. Sterling and the journalists is the only interesting bit.

Spot on about the Sydney-centric nature, playing to their audience for decades, never done anything else.

Mr Saab

Referee

Spot on about the Sydney-centric nature, playing to their audience for decades, never done anything else.

Same. I IQ the Sunday footy show and then fast forward x30 or x60 and maybe stop on some worthwhile highlight. Or i just go straight to the journo segment and then delete the show. I have no interest in anything the panel says except Sterlo, but it is too painful to listen to him interact with the others.

King hit

Coach

Have you read his autobiography before? He relates a lot to wayward teens as he grew up in the suburbs were community violence was rampant as well as substance abuse. He experienced it first hand in some pretty serious situations. At least he is trying to do something about. Thurston was involved in crime as a young bloke so does it make him unqualified to talk about something.

Can't you just watch and read the QLD shows. Living here in Queensland every single thing is shameless Queensland propaganda

Vee

First Grade
Nein at it again yesterday. Sat down to watch the NRLW and the recording finished before the game did.