What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Cleary a dud?

age.s

First Grade
Phil Gould said this week that two years ago Cleary couldn’t kick to save his life.

Wut? What's he on about?

Cleary was over 90% in 2017. Over 80% in 2016. His quality in that area has never been in doubt.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
The time he has to put in if he wants to make the NSW side is right now. Fittler and his assistants will have picked the bulk of their side 2-3 weeks out from the announcement. He hasn't got all that long, and to be honest I think its too late already.

Who is ahead of him?

snickers007

Juniors
Wut? What's he on about?

Cleary was over 90% in 2017. Over 80% in 2016. His quality in that area has never been in doubt.

That article was specifically talking about his drop goals.

Apparently Cleary never used to practice drop goals, until we lost the Auckland 9s final due to a couple of missed FG attempts. From that day onwards Cleary has practiced both his place and drop kicks at length on his own after training.

Just another click bait headline I'm afraid

Kilkenny

Coach
RCG unless he improves considerably should not even figure in discussions for SOO selection. He should be more focused on retaining his spot in our top 17 and start earning his pay cheque. We need him to play like a player worthy of being considered for Origin but sadly I can’t see it at the moment. I hope he proves me wrong.

Seriously, wouldn’t it be great to have a front rower capable of playing big minutes, 20 carries 200 metres gained with a couple of off loads thrown in for good measure. We are paying wages for such an outcome but the results aren’t there.

Last edited:

TheFrog

Coach
RCG unless he improves considerably should not even figure in discussions for SOO selection. He should be more focused on retaining his spot in our top 17 and start earning his pay cheque. We need him to play like a player worthy of being considered for Origin but sadly I can’t see it at the moment. I hope he proves me wrong.

Seriously, wouldn’t it be great to have a front rower capable of playing big minutes, 20 carries 200 metres gained with a couple of off loads thrown in for good measure. We are paying wages for such an outcome but the results aren’t there.
He had a good game in Newcastle. He's got it in him.

martielang

Bench
Leota's getting 20 - 30 mins a game & is pretty much being used as a pawn to get the best out of RCG. Give Leota a role & I think he'd excel but at the moment he's coming off the bench one week, starting & playing 20 mins the next, just so we can try & motivate RCG to play at half the level he should be.

franklin2323

Immortal
Hes not even our worst performing NRL prop. Leota is.

His form isn't near its best. But outside of Round 1 it has not been THAT horrible. Round 1 though... well that wasn't close to NRL material.

Leota is getting 30 mins. RCG 55-60 per min he is our worst

forby

Juniors
I don’t agree. Don’t forget this isn’t fully his team. They’ll come good. Just need some luck and discipline.
What did we ever do to get the refs so offside? We seem to be playing to a different set of rules. I can’t remember the last time we won a penalty count. (Or it certainly seems that way)

Mr Spock!

Referee
I don’t agree. Don’t forget this isn’t fully his team. They’ll come good. Just need some luck and discipline.
What did we ever do to get the refs so offside? We seem to be playing to a different set of rules. I can’t remember the last time we won a penalty count. (Or it certainly seems that way)
Meh a 300 game coach who hasn't come close to winning anything.

Latest posts