What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Cleary a dud?

Mr Angry

Not a Referee

From this thread

I am with Luke on this. Katoa has proven to be at least capable and that was after a pre-season where he was expected to be back up hooker/utility. Egan we cannot really judge yet - however he strikes me as being too tall for a #9.

Why? So we can have an argument over whose better, Katoa or Levi, Egan or Marshall-King etc etc. What would be the point.

Both our Hookers have everything you are saying they don’t, they have shown it plenty of times in the past. You clearly haven’t watched enough of them based on your comments.

They aren’t the issue. our stupid side to side game plan is. They aren’t being given the chance to show what they can do because we are attacking off the back foot.

Watch Nathan Shine with Cook.

Give it a rest.

Our hookers are just fine.

No way Katoa is the worst starting Hooker in the comp. I'd have him over Mahoney, Levi and Marshall King to name 3. He's borderline with a few others too.

Whether we're winning a premiership with him is a different question.

Yeah ok.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
From this thread

Watch Nathan Shine with Cook.

Yeah ok.

Hmmmm time at times (the passage of time) has a funny way of making a statement look good, or do the exact opposite.

To be honest Katoa has gone backwards this year big time. Blokes like kenny and Egan are well ahead of him in the hooking stakes. He's contract probably won't be renewed at the end of the year. Sad, but Katoa has not kicked on this year like it was hoped.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Yep watched Smith kill us for a decade. He goes, yay, we actually find the new best, we win, and again tonight.

It is all about the hookers.

The 7, can not even have use of an arm and win a premiership. Can be a robot, make Egan run.

Got to have hooker.

Best teams last decade, included best hooker.

Booyah!

soc123_au

Staff member
Yep watched Smith kill us for a decade. He goes, yay, we actually find the new best, we win, and again tonight.

It is all about the hookers.

The 7, can not even have use of an arm and win a premiership. Can be a robot, make Egan run.

Got to have hooker.

Best teams last decade, included best hooker.

Booyah!
Katoa is about as useful as a musician. I'm sure you will agree.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Mr Angry knows hookers.
Man you got beta max video player? I gots the tapes, fully siiick, my mates sister swimming in a pool.

FFW

Is that my sister? WTF? Is that's a guy toss off watching? This is cool?

Young people suck.

soc123_au

Staff member
Man you got beta max video player? I gots the tapes, fully siiick, my mates sister swimming in a pool.

FFW

Is that my sister? WTF? Is that's a guy toss off watching? This is cool?

Young people suck.
Ha ha, not sure anyone else will get the joke. How old is that thread?

martielang

Bench
I'm not saying Katoa is ever going to play for NSW (sorry MX) but the double standards when judging his performances are ridiculous. The hysteria when he makes an error, the excuses when he does something good. He should change his name to Sione Griffin.

It did me last week when Kenny couldn't get over the line from 0.5m with both markers on the deck & someone declared him the answer to all our problems. If Katoa had done that he would of been lynched.

Forza the Tongan King of the West.

OldPanther

Coach
I'm not saying Katoa is ever going to play for NSW (sorry MX) but the double standards when judging his performances are ridiculous. The hysteria when he makes an error, the excuses when he does something good. He should change his name to Sione Griffin.

It did me last week when Kenny couldn't get over the line from 0.5m with both markers on the deck & someone declared him the answer to all our problems. If Katoa had done that he would of been lynched.

Yeah but Kenny failed better than Katoa would have.

betcats

Referee

How many times has Katoa scored again? Kenny' performances have been a million times better then katoa's or egans, if you cant admit that your just being stubborn because you have backed Sione. For every try assists he gets he bombs a couple of chances trying to do too much. We wont be seing much of Katoa anymore id say.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
How many times has Katoa scored again? Kenny' performances have been a million times better then katoa's or egans, if you cant admit that your just being stubborn because you have backed Sione. For every try assists he gets he bombs a couple of chances trying to do too much. We wont be seing much of Katoa anymore id say.

Katoa\s actual service is not crisp. In fact it's slow as a wet weekend and all over the place. Kenny at least puts the ball on the chest and does it quickly. Not unlike Wal. Also very competitive. Katoa i fear has cashed his pay check and put his feet up for the year.

mxlegend99

Referee

But Kenny DID get over the line. It's not his fault the referee decided to penalise the guy who played the ball for being in the way of an offside player from tackling him.

Last week was Katoas best game though. 70 odd minutes without f**king our attack. Should go even better this week.

martielang

Bench

I thought Kenny was terrific last week, mainly because he kept it really simple. No issue with saying that, I'm definitely not arguing he didn't play well. In saying that, our forwards played a lot tighter last week & our wingers actually made metres on plays 1 & 2, which gave us plenty of momentum.

@mxlegend99 you think Kenny got the ball down? Nah, don't think so.

I think Katoa's service is good when he has a target. His/our teams issue is communication, who wants the ball & when they want it, especially in the 20.

Forza The Thor of Tonga

betcats

Referee
I thought Kenny was terrific last week, mainly because he kept it really simple. No issue with saying that, I'm definitely not arguing he didn't play well. In saying that, our forwards played a lot tighter last week & our wingers actually made metres on plays 1 & 2, which gave us plenty of momentum.

@mxlegend99 you think Kenny got the ball down? Nah, don't think so.

I think Katoa's service is good when he has a target. His/our teams issue is communication, who wants the ball & when they want it, especially in the 20.

Forza The Thor of Tonga

They didn't even progress to checking the grounding tho because they somehow saw an obstruction.

2 weeks ago against Parra Katoa had a good platform to work with, he came up with poor options consistently one try assist. He kept going away from the halves on last close to the line.

Ive been a Katoa fan for years but he just isn't delivering this year. Too many unforced errors and wrong options.

martielang

Bench
They didn't even progress to checking the grounding tho because they somehow saw an obstruction.

2 weeks ago against Parra Katoa had a good platform to work with, he came up with poor options consistently one try assist. He kept going away from the halves on last close to the line.

Ive been a Katoa fan for years but he just isn't delivering this year. Too many unforced errors and wrong options.

I think we pretty much agree tbh I just think he gets a lot more heat than he deserves.

Latest posts