What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Daniel Anderson the new Brian Smith ?

Eelementary

Post Whore
ou
Anderson is a dam good coach, was gutted we didn't go after him. Hes just what you need, doesn't take nonsense from players and he has no favourites. Plus his style is very entertaining, both the Warriors and Eels were a threat from anywhere on the field once they got the offload away, the more impressive thing is being able to get the Eels players to play this game. The Warriors you could say were made for that style not so much the Eels.

You're not wrong there. I mean this with no disrespect, but I kept thinking to myself, "How can a side with such 'no-name' players make the Grand Final?" I am very proud of my team, but the fact he got the team playing so well in my opinion is a testament to his abilities.

thuggdogg

Juniors
People act like a grand final is a coach v coach tennis match.

As in federer vs someone.

A coaches success is measured by long term longevity and positive statistical variance over a long period of time.

A coach can make the grand final 5 times in a row and lose them but it wont mean jack, he is still master coach because he got that side to the grandfinal 5 times in a row, and that is a true reflection of a good coach to do that.

People act like a grand final is a coach v coach tennis match.

As in federer vs someone.

A coaches success is measured by long term longevity and positive statistical variance over a long period of time.

A coach can make the grand final 5 times in a row and lose them but it wont mean jack, he is still master coach because he got that side to the grandfinal 5 times in a row, and that is a true reflection of a good coach to do that.

If a coach made five consecutive Grand Finals but lost them all, he is a good coach.
If a coach made five consecutive Grand Finals but won a few, he is a great coach.
If a coach made five consecutive Grand Finals and won them all, he is a master coach.

The big game means much more than a regular season game and if a coach is continually unable to reach success when it matters, he can't be recognised as one of the greats.

Eelementary

Post Whore
If a coach made five consecutive Grand Finals but lost them all, he is a good coach.
If a coach made five consecutive Grand Finals but won a few, he is a great coach.
If a coach made five consecutive Grand Finals and won them all, he is a master coach.

The big game means much more than a regular season game and if a coach is continually unable to reach success when it matters, he can't be recognised as one of the greats.

Best summary imo.

If Brian Smith never wins a title, I think people will see him as one of the game's very good coaches, but not one of the greats. Ditto Anderson.

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
I have a feeling Brian Smith will win a comp with Easts. There is a fair bit of young talent to work with in that club and it is no secret they can sign a player. Probably good they are up sh*t creek when he walks in. Not going to encounter much resistance to his methods.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
So according to this thread title, if Parra play Easts in the grand final next year, is that like dropping a cat with buttered toast taped to its back? The toast must fall on the buttered side but the cat must land on its feet......

Chachi

Bench
I think Anderson is a good coach, but his 2 GF teams made the big game on the back of offloading the ball at will and exceptional form by one or two key players.

If his team comes up against a side who knows how to defend in the big games, or if conditions aren't ideal then his sort of style tends to struggle. If Hayne or Moimoi can't repeat their form into next season then they could be in for some pain.

Latest posts