What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IS IT JUST ME OR HAS GIDLEY BEEN ROBBED?

reladith

Juniors
Let me get this out first. I am a parochial Knights fan. I can handle the fact that Tahu has been dropped. I really couldnt fault Rooney and Lewis in the first two games. Everyone knows that Tahu is only as good as Gidleys flick pass and creativity anyway (Something he will realise quickly playing centre for Manly next year!)

But the dropping of Gidley is a disgrace. He was the only one that kept them in the game in the second origin, and to be rewarded like this, makes you wonder doesnt it?

I think that both Cooper and Gasnier are in tremendous form and will not look out of place at all. But in my opinion a precedent has been set by Gould and this dropping contradicts it.

He states that players who have done the job before will be rewarded again. Well this doesnt seem to be the case now does it.

If Gidley has been dropped due to the form of the St George pairing then why hasnt Minichello's head been on the block due to Hogdson's great form (admittingly in a beaten team). Me thinks Brett might play in the wrong jersey!

And Brad Fitler, c'mon! Your F&%KING KIDDING! What does Matt Orford have to do? It is nepatism at its best and it is so obvous that Gus is giving spots to his favourites.

Andrew Ryan? He has been one of our best?

I was born in NSW, played my first game of footy in NSW and have supported the blues all my life. But next Wednesday I will do the unthinkable. I will be supporting the Maroons to win 50-0, just so Gould gets the ending to his career I think he deserves. What a wanker.

Don't let the door hit you on the arse on your way out potato head.

ngap

Juniors
Hodgsons form on Friday did not warrant a selection. That second try was a shocker on his part alone. I agree Gidley should feel hard done by and have said so in the other thread.

Johns Magic

Referee
I wasn't sure that Gidley should have been selected in game one. But after the way he played last match, he deserves a spot in the team.

NPK

Bench
I think Gidley may be injured. In this report it said he was suffering blurred vision.

(http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2004/06/27/1088274624620.html
)
Knights thrash Manly 56-12
June 27, 2004 - 8:05PM

Mark Hughes spent Sunday's early hours in a Newcastle hospital thinking he had no chance of playing his comeback NRL match for the Knights against Manly.

His partner Kirralee was in labour and Hughes, who had been sidelined for six weeks with a hamstring injury, was preparing to ring coach Michael Hagan to say he was a late scratching.

Fortunately for the Knights, Kirralee, who will marry Hughes in December, did not waste any time bringing baby Zac into the world and her 27-year-old partner was able to take the field and bag a hat-trick of tries which helped the Knights to a 56-12 thrashing of Manly at EnbergyAustralia Stadium.

It was a day of celebration for the Knights which began when injured champion halfback Andrew Johns signed a new two-year deal with the club in the middle of the paddock to the cheers of just under 18,000 relieved Novocastrians.

It ended with a 10-try carve-up of the hapless Sea Eagles, with NSW Origin pair Danny Buderus and Timana Tahu both grabbing a brace of tries and Test prop Ben Kennedy making a successful comeback from a hamstring injury.

"I wanted to stay out there," said Kennedy, who played 70 minutes.

"To be honest I thought I was right three weeks ago but I couldn't get a clearance."

The only downside for the Knights was an ankle injury to Tahu, who will undergo MRI scans in the hope of being cleared to play for the Blues in the Origin decider on Wednesday week.

State of Origin Centre Matt Gidley suffered blurred vision and fullback Robbie O'Davis had a badly corked thigh.

Man-of-the match Hughes was naturally ecstatic after his long and fruitful day.

"I've had a bit of bad luck with injury over the past 12 months and I'm thinking my luck had turned," Hughes said.

"My day started getting woken up at 12.30 in the morning and Kirralee said 'I think I'm going' and I said 'you can't be, it's my big comeback game'."

He jokingly added: "I thought 'I'll take her in, it's probably only a bellyache'.

"At 7.30 (Sunday) morning we had the baby so it was a wonderful start to the day."

There was a point when Hughes didn't think he'd be playing.

Alan Shore

First Grade
Sir Turnstiles should never have played rep footy in the first place. He is deadset useless. But Gasnier is no better.

Gidley /Ryan should never have been dropped
Its simply wrong
Surely if your beaten at SOO then you want a shot at redemption!

Hey...thats how Qld win..they stick to a team
6 changes...6 changes!
would you feel confident if your Favourite team had 6 changes just for the sake of changes.The dragons beat west and south by 50 and roosters beat the Knights development squad and the tigers by 50-PPPFFFTTT!
60% of the team is Rooster/st.george and they are the coaches team!

And Tamazoid...the mantle of "turnstile"should well and truely be handed to minichello as he hasnt made a try saving tackle yet!

Also..no one has said it but it was" Half a game" fittlers poor defence on the line that let it Qld first try...He couldnt make the right shoulder tackle
There..someone had to say it.Goulds golden boy was a passenger in defence on the line.

reladith

Juniors
And Tamazoid...the mantle of "turnstile"should well and truely be handed to minichello as he hasnt made a try saving tackle yet!

Couldn't agree more. I have never seen him make a try saver. I have sen it from O'Davis, Hodgson. Peachey, even Phillips! But not Minichello!

Great Point!

bluesbreaker

Bench
Tamazoid said:
Sir Turnstiles should never have played rep footy in the first place. He is deadset useless. But Gasnier is no better.

For the 4th time...

Provide some statistics for this claim. You say it every 3rd day, surely you're basing it on something? :)

JJ

Immortal
Tamazoid said:

You're an idiot

Joshua

Juniors
If you want to see a SOO winning team, check out my NSW TEAM thread.

Cooper and Gasnier kick Gidley's arse.

As far as I'm concerned, Gidley can go and get f**ked

MC DUI

Juniors
Joshua said:
If you want to see a SOO winning team, check out my NSW TEAM thread.

Cooper and Gasnier kick Gidley's arse.

As far as I'm concerned, Gidley can go and get f***ed

As far as I'm concerned, you can go and get f**ked.

JJ

Immortal
conversation is getting really intelligent now...
Good thing you guys aren't selectors

the kirwan kid

Juniors
reladith said:
I was born in NSW, played my first game of footy in NSW and have supported the blues all my life. But next Wednesday I will do the unthinkable. I will be supporting the Maroons to win 50-0, just so Gould gets the ending to his career I think he deserves.

Therein lies the difference between Queenslanders and New South Welshmen!

mickdo

Coach
the kirwan kid said:
reladith said:
I was born in NSW, played my first game of footy in NSW and have supported the blues all my life. But next Wednesday I will do the unthinkable. I will be supporting the Maroons to win 50-0, just so Gould gets the ending to his career I think he deserves.

Therein lies the difference between Queenslanders and New South Welshmen!
I thought it was the 2nd head that people north of the border seem to be born with...

Anonymous

Juniors
Tamazoid said:

Better than that STAR BUY Nigel Vagina! :lol: :lol: :lol:

How many years has it taken for the Sharks to win a premiership?

Oh thats right been beaten every time haven't you! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anonymous

Juniors
Gidley WAS robed and the NSW St-Roosters have gone from favourates to laughing stock.

QLD must be laughing their heads off. At least QLD have loyalty to THEIR players.

Latest posts