What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it racist to cheer against the Indigenous team?

Considering that the All Stars have had New Zealanders, Pacific Islanders and players like Hayne/Jennings/Civoniceva in the past.. how can cheering for them be considered racist? They are the most multi cultural team put together to be honest..

Its racist against the cultures in the team. If an aboriginal cheers against a Pacific Islander, thats racist too. Just because they are both black doesnt make it right! Why is it only racist if it's a white vs black.

When the Indigenous played the NZ Maori in the RLWC that was racist too IMO. 2 Races doing war dances infront of eachother = RACIST.

The whole game of Rugby League is racist and should be banned.

Eels Dude

Coach
Considering that the All Stars have had New Zealanders, Pacific Islanders and players like Hayne/Jennings/Civoniceva in the past.. how can cheering for them be considered racist? They are the most multi cultural team put together to be honest..

What if you're not cheering for the All Stars though? Just cheering against the Indigenuous the same way people cheer against Manly no matter who they are playing.

Stinkler

Juniors
The way I look at it, if I was picked to play in this game, I'd be playing for the NRL Allstars, so that's the team I cheer for.

HowHigh

Coach
No, I'm not indigenous so why would I go for them..Ill go for the allstars...not that i really much about this game anyway

kbw

Bench
racist racist racist, I am sick to death of this labelling.
Its misuse is incredible.

Pat O'Shane will have everyone in jail that doesn't go out and buy an indigineous jersey and spit on the all stars......

With this indigineous game, I like it, but mainly because it signals the start of the season.
The celebrations of Aboriginal players in the NRL is great, its not the focus for me and I really haven't gotten the feeling of too many people making it an "us" and "them" situation.

_Johnsy

Referee
After the images of the "protest" outside parliament house yesterday, no pharking way.

Imagine if someone did the same thing yesterday with the aboriginal flag then had their kids spit on it.

Boo your heart out champ.

bluey

Bench
The protest was disgusting, to burn and spit on a flag----Need i say more.
Maybe a few Aussie Boys should do the same to a Aboriginal flag, you watch the do gooders come out aut and cry then.