What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it racist to cheer against the Indigenous team?

AuDragon

Juniors
It doesn't matter much to me, but since this is a game of indigenous against the rest, and I'm not indigenous nor have any relationship to them... I'll support the rest!

Tone83

Juniors
I for one would definitely be of the opinion you were a racist if you were cheering against the indigenous team. I'd have little doubt in my mind. Frankly I'd think you were a racist for not-cheering for the indigenous team. That's what it's all about, it's a heartwarming celebration of indigenous australians in league.

Also just incidentally most of the best players are indigenous. Inglis, thurston, bowen, barba... if you love footy you'd cheer for these guys anyway, you'd have to have a shady motive to not cheer for them, racism being most likely.

Are there any threads about the 2013 game? Predicting sides etc?

Tone83

Juniors
I assume that means you hate any white person who is proud of his country? Guess what, you're a racist.
Typically in real life anyone who doesn't hate those people is a racist. It's a pretty solid litmus test. Does this flag waving bogan arsehole bother you? No? You're a racist.

redvscotty

First Grade
I for one would definitely be of the opinion you were a racist if you were cheering against the indigenous team. I'd have little doubt in my mind. Frankly I'd think you were a racist for not-cheering for the indigenous team. That's what it's all about, it's a heartwarming celebration of indigenous australians in league.

Also just incidentally most of the best players are indigenous. Inglis, thurston, bowen, barba... if you love footy you'd cheer for these guys anyway, you'd have to have a shady motive to not cheer for them, racism being most likely.

Your trolling is bad, and you should feel bad.

_snafu_

Immortal

So should we actively boo and jeer the NRL All Star team?

Frailty

First Grade
I go for the All Stars because if I were to play that's who I'd be playing for - just like why I go for NSW and Australia...

Tone83

Juniors
So should we actively boo and jeer the NRL All Star team?
At least cringe when they do well.

You feel a bit suspicious when an all star is fired up playing hard. Like burgess I think this year or last was really fired up starting fights and shit, made him seem racist.

IanG

Coach
I'll be cheering for both teams. Looking forward to it. I'm going up to Brisbane for it next year

MuTT

Juniors
At least cringe when they do well.

You feel a bit suspicious when an all star is fired up playing hard. Like burgess I think this year or last was really fired up starting fights and shit, made him seem racist.

Obvious racist troll is obviously racist !

Latest posts