What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it racist to cheer against the Indigenous team?

Tone83

Juniors
Tell that to my black wife and half black kid. Or are you saying racist against white people? Lol, not possible, or at least not important and doesn't count. Boo hoo the world is perfectly sculpted to accomodate you comfortably... doesn't work. It's why we so easily shrug off racial attacks, we know we're winning. It means nothing to us. As a rule white people don't understand racism at all and can't be victims of it. Now this often sounds "racist" to white people, but that's just further proof of them not understanding the gravity of real racism. Comparing your mild annoyance over that statement to racial victimisation is laughable.

Anyway, what if they had a tri-series of indigenous vs caucasians vs pacific islanders? I think the indigenous guys would have it locked up.
Also what would the teams look like?
The caucasian team might be-
1. slater
2. brett stewart
3. lyon
4. Morris
5. tate
6. Carney
7. Cronk
8. Tim grant
9. smith
10. m. scott
11. nate myles
12. Burgess
13. gallen

14. Farah ?
15. watmough
16. Luke lewis
17. D. Taylor
Pretty good team I have to admit. Might have a think about the pacific islanders team...

Someone

Bench
At least cringe when they do well.

You feel a bit suspicious when an all star is fired up playing hard. Like burgess I think this year or last was really fired up starting fights and shit, made him seem racist.

f**k your an idiot.

i hope you dont pass on your agenda driven bullshit to your kids, because that the reason why Australia will never move foward in terms of racial relations.

I will be cheering for the NRL all stars, but above all i hope its a good, entertaining game.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Tell that to my black wife and half black kid. Or are you saying racist against white people? Lol, not possible, or at least not important and doesn't count. Boo hoo the world is perfectly sculpted to accomodate you comfortably... doesn't work. It's why we so easily shrug off racial attacks, we know we're winning. It means nothing to us. As a rule white people don't understand racism at all and can't be victims of it. Now this often sounds "racist" to white people, but that's just further proof of them not understanding the gravity of real racism. Comparing your mild annoyance over that statement to racial victimisation is laughable.

Anyway, what if they had a tri-series of indigenous vs caucasians vs pacific islanders? I think the indigenous guys would have it locked up.
1. slater
2. brett stewart
3. lyon
4. Morris
5. tate
6. Carney
7. Cronk
8. Tim grant
9. smith
10. m. scott
11. nate myles
12. Burgess
13. gallen

14. Farah ?
15. watmough
16. Luke lewis
17. D. Taylor
Pretty good team I have to admit. Might have a think about the pacific islanders team...

:lol: How'd you work that one out?

betcats

Referee

1. slater
2. brett stewart
3. lyon
4. Morris
5. tate
6. Carney
7. Cronk
8. Tim grant
9. smith
10. m. scott
11. nate myles
12. Burgess
13. gallen

14. Farah ?
15. watmough
16. Luke lewis
17. D. Taylor

'Neo-Nazi all stars'.

Tone83

Juniors
Imagine their rabid white trash supporters. That's the main reason you could never make such a team, it would just be revolting. It's a shame cause it would be interesting.

Imagine their rabid white trash supporters. That's the main reason you could never make such a team, it would just be revolting. It's a shame cause it would be interesting.
Another f**kwit who will be banished to TFC.
Cant wait,
You & Bunniesderp will make great couple.

Chainshada

Juniors
Games like this I tend to cheer on and pick on individual players rather than the team as a whole. As long as no one ends the season before it begins, it's a good game for me.

Kirky

Juniors
There's a difference between cheering on the NRL All Stars and cheering against the Indigeonous Team. Nothing wrong with cheering for the NRL team, but if you're actively barraking against the Indigenous team it's a bit fkd. Not the same vibe as a club game. This is more a celebration of League.

Tone83

Juniors
I'd still find it weird if someone was cheering on the all stars, like what's your allegiance? Your dad was an all star? Cheering for cool tries from all stars or whatever, sure, but actually barracking for the team is odd and suspect. At best shows the person to be oblivious to common decency and class. Like if I saw a mentally handicapped person with an all stars jersey all "go all stars!" I'd just think "how adorable, he doesn't understand what he's doing". But if you're just a bogan and you're all "what? I like the all stars, is that a crime? Those aborigines like the indigenous team, what's the difference?" *sly grin* I just know for sure you're a racist prick, you're not fooling anyone.

Tone83

Juniors
I dont like the hour of crap leading up to the game.
Definitely racist. You should be tied up and forced to watch the hour of crap with your eyes clamped open like the guy from a clockwork orange. And when it's finished you have to watch a "message stick" marathon.

carcharias

Immortal
Definitely racist. You should be tied up and forced to watch the hour of crap with your eyes clamped open like the guy from a clockwork orange. And when it's finished you have to watch a "message stick" marathon.

I think you better say sorry... You cannot use the word "orange" anymore...
Come to think of it , can " sorry" be still used?

Fire

First Grade
I for one would definitely be of the opinion you were a racist if you were cheering against the indigenous team. I'd have little doubt in my mind. Frankly I'd think you were a racist for not-cheering for the indigenous team. That's what it's all about, it's a heartwarming celebration of indigenous australians in league.

Also just incidentally most of the best players are indigenous. Inglis, thurston, bowen, barba... if you love footy you'd cheer for these guys anyway, you'd have to have a shady motive to not cheer for them, racism being most likely.

Are there any threads about the 2013 game? Predicting sides etc?

WHITE POWER!!!

Swastika_Symbol.png

Rebel

First Grade
I'd still find it weird if someone was cheering on the all stars, like what's your allegiance?

I cant speak for everyone here but I always go for the all stars because Im a fan of the Kiwis and Warriors. There are never any kiwis playing for the indigenous team, therefore I don't identify with that group.

To say that those who don't "cheer on" the indigenous side are racist, is an argument from ignorance. There are many reasons why someone would want to cheer for the all stars.

Last edited:

eozsmiles

Bench
I'd still find it weird if someone was cheering on the all stars, like what's your allegiance? Your dad was an all star? Cheering for cool tries from all stars or whatever, sure, but actually barracking for the team is odd and suspect. At best shows the person to be oblivious to common decency and class. Like if I saw a mentally handicapped person with an all stars jersey all "go all stars!" I'd just think "how adorable, he doesn't understand what he's doing". But if you're just a bogan and you're all "what? I like the all stars, is that a crime? Those aborigines like the indigenous team, what's the difference?" *sly grin* I just know for sure you're a racist prick, you're not fooling anyone.

Why do they need an "allegiance" to a team? Can't they have a bet and cheer their money? Can't they cheer for the best team in the hope for a good show? It is a muck around game and the All Stars have the better team. If they play well they win, who wouldn't want to see the best players in the world play their best?