What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Jarryd Hayne really an awful footballer or is he...

Overrated but not his fault because he doesn't write it.

Has all the talent but like Lebron James hasn't got the mental capacity to use it.

sharko

Juniors
You will always notice that this year Hayne always finishes a match with the cleanest jersey..his ego is far bigger than his actual ability.
Some of the morons on this site get sucked in by media hype..Hayne is a fine player but he is a sook and a bludger and that has been shown in most of the Eels matches this season.

watatank

Coach
Has not been allowed to develop in any one position which means he hasn't got anywhere near the type of player he can be.

Also plays for a club that has struggled for consistency for quite some time.

jason taylor

Bench
People, including the media are expecting him to play like he did at the back end of 2009. I don't think he will ever reach those heights again.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Well at least not for a while JT.

There was so much talk of him being a 5/8 cause he's a good ball player (not from him but the media), and can kick the bejesus out of the ball.

But as a 5/8, he lacks the direction a typical 5/8 does.

He's better off going back to fullback and running off blokes like Sandow, Maitua next season.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Every forum has its commedian. With a statement like this it appears you are the one here.
Please list your superior top 4. And explain what a commedian is.

Mr Fourex

Bench
So many people seem to think they know him so well.

.......if you know better than offer an opinion.

Hayne gets judged very quickly and with an extreme lack of tolerance for human error.

I guess the huge expectations from fans because of his undeniable talent is a little hard to live up to.

He's not a 5/8.......he's a fullback.

It's been said before and it was stated again earlier that the weight of responsibility on Hayne in the current Parra line up is too much to ask of any player no matter how talented he is.

He can't do it all on his own.

Next year the addition of another play maker in Sandow will allow Hayne more opportunities to pick and choose when to insert himself into a game.

When Parramatta start winning games not solely on the back of Jarrod Hayne, is when you'll start to see Jarrod Hayne play more consistent footy and when I believe his game will reach it's true expectations.

Loudstrat

Coach
The arrival of Lucky Sandow should give hayne some relief and conversely the dominant hands of his fanboys none.
:lol:

No doubt Hayne has ability, but he only plays to that level when he wants to. Which is about 5 minutes every couple of games. He is a show pony who wants to look good everytime he touches the ball. A good example of this was that no try a few weeks back.
Third mos linebreak assists in the comp - one behind Marshall. Not bad for a bloke playing 5 minutes every couple of games - especially with the worst attackers in the comp.

Fair dinkum there are some brain dead dribblers here!

Has not been allowed to develop in any one position which means he hasn't got anywhere near the type of player he can be.

Also plays for a club that has struggled for consistency for quite some time.
This.

DC_fan

Coach
Please list your superior top 4. And explain what a commedian is.

Johnathan Thurston, Cameron Smith and Billy Slater are the top three. As for the fourth, well well that would be Benji Marshall.

I know everyone is entitled to their opinion, but seriously if anyone considers Hayne to be in the Top 4 players in the NRL then they are kidding themselves.

As for what a commedian is, well that is a comedian with too many M's.

Very talented, but is playing out of position surrounded by ordinary footballers. Not many players would fire under those conditions.

mik01

Juniors
Very talented, but is playing out of position surrounded by ordinary footballers. Not many players would fire under those conditions.

explain his disappearance in the NSW Origin team then?

Hayne = myth

he looks lazy and at times simply disappears during a game - appears to take for granted his natural talent, that it will take him to the top without putting in the work. Gould commented on this too.

he is not even in the top 3 fullbacks in NRL - therefore nowhere near top 10, or 20 footballers running around

Sean18

Juniors
Extremely talented but doesn't have the mental game thats needed for FG. He needs a coach like Bennett or Bellyache for his game to develop.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Johnathan Thurston, Cameron Smith and Billy Slater are the top three. As for the fourth, well well that would be Benji Marshall.

I know everyone is entitled to their opinion, but seriously if anyone considers Hayne to be in the Top 4 players in the NRL then they are kidding themselves.

Fair enough. Slater rounds out my top 5.

Evenflow

Bench
Fair dinkum there are some brain dead dribblers here!

As far as posts go, you'll never find one more ironic than that.

There's no doubt Hayne has plenty of talent but currently in the top 4 players in the game as mentioned earlier? Please :lol: He certainly has the potential to be in future but he has a hell of a lot of work to do to be even mentioned in the same vein as Smith, JT, Slater, Marshall etc and whether he has the mettle to join that company remains to be seen as well.

I'd rate Cronk above Hayne aswell tbh

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
explain his disappearance in the NSW Origin team then?

lol

Hayne carves up at Origin level. Never mind the current coach playing favourites.

Greats praise 'honorary Queenslander' Hayne

JARRYD HAYNE is the only NSW player who would come close to getting a start for Queensland, say Maroons greats Chris Close and Billy Moore.

Both declared they would not trade a single Maroon for any member of the Blues side that suffered a record fourth series defeat, but were unanimous in their respect for Hayne, who they said was the only player who showed a Queenslander-like spirit.

"As far as courage and commitment go, Queensland are spot on," Close said.

"That's the difference between the sides.

"Big Steve Price and Petero Civoniceva, you looked at their beaten bodies and they were saying, 'No', but their hearts were saying, 'Yeah, let's go, boys'. And they just kept going. They dug deep and filled those burning lungs with oxygen and took those extra couple of steps to make those tackles that really counted. And that is so Queensland-like.

"The only bloke on the other side who played with close to that much passion was Jarryd Hayne.

"I thought Michael Weyman and Ben Creagh tried hard, but I wouldn't swap them for any of our blokes - that's for sure.

"Hayne was wonderful all series. He tried his guts out the whole game. He's one of few blokes in that team who played with an Origin spirit. He didn't give up.

"Not many of them, if any, would make the Queensland side. They're probably not even talking to each other this week, that's how fickle they are down there."

Moore, a veteran of 17 Origin matches, was impressed by only two Blues performances — those of Hayne and interchange forward Anthony Watmough.

"But I wouldn't want any of them playing for Queensland, I'd say no to all of them," Moore said.

"The Blues looked terrible, they looked lost. Watmough was quite good, but you wouldn't trade him for our blokes.

"But if you had to choose one I think Jarryd Hayne. Hayne's a freak. He's one of those players who has the ability to do something magical and he always senses what's going to happen and puts himself in the right spot. He was by far their best player.

http://www.theage.com.au/rugby-leag...lander-hayne-20091124-j279.html#ixzz1Uyo9tkDd

Latest posts