What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Latrell Mitchell overrated?

As thread title

• Yes

Votes: 66 81.5%
  • No

Votes: 15 18.5%

• Total voters

Munky

Coach
The Demetriou liking the post is kind of bizarre.

You double tap on a post to like in Instagram right?

There is the potential for it to be accidental because it's dumb as f**k to do intentionally.

The rugby league media attitude towards the elbow was disgraceful yesterday. That elbow was absolutely intentional and should definitely miss a game for it. Yes, the elbow did no damage but the intent was certainly there.

What did you expect when it's a rugby league darling from a Sydney club giving it to one of the great unwashed from a regional team?

Loose Cannon

Bench
My favourite Latrell screw up of the round hasn’t been mentioned anywhrrr else (I don’t think). Midway through the second half Marzhew makes a break through the middle. I keep expecting to see the Souths ‘fullback’ fly into the picture to tackle him. After Marzhew has run 40m uninterrupted I guess Mitchell must have been in the line. At this stage Mitchell finally appears in the screen, with the break covering 50 odd metres already.

What the f@ck was he doing? (Points for the most creative answer).
I imagine it was related to his Uber Eats delivery, which was explicitly booked for halftime, only arriving just at that particular moment, and he had to wave the guy all the way down to the northern end to explain why it’s necessary to be more professional.

Last edited:

SLRBRONCOS

Referee

There is the potential for it to be accidental because it's dumb as f**k to do intentionally.
JD liked a comment though - you need to actually touch the heart beside the comment. Still could be accidental but far less likely than a double tap. JD is a gronk on twitter at times so I wouldn't be surprised if he was just a mad boomer liking shitposts on the gram

King-Gutho94

Coach
The rugby league media attitude towards the elbow was disgraceful yesterday. That elbow was absolutely intentional and should definitely miss a game for it. Yes, the elbow did no damage but the intent was certainly there.
If it was another souths player like Tom Burgess the media would have wanted a season long ban.

King-Gutho94

Coach

Could have gave his phone to his kids and gone on Instagram where they liked a post who knows.

soc123_au

Staff member
Could have gave his phone to his kids and gone on Instagram where they liked a post who knows.
Probably something like this I'd say. He couldn't possibly be stupid enough to have done it himself or if he did to have done it on purpose.

Apey

Staff member
Yeah particularly rotten given we know he has form with elbows.

Apey

Staff member
It's not effort with Latrell, it's fitness.

He had 20 runs yesterday - that's the most times he has ever run the ball in a match his entire NRL career.

He isn't fit enough to run it that many times and push up play after play. He just isn't. And it's costly.
I did notice at the game that we were purposefully trying to kick it his way on every non attacking kick.

hewholaughslast

Juniors
latrell achieved everything in the nrl as a rooster, he's gone to souths to take on the challenge of winning the koori knockout. can't let semi finals or crucial games at this time of the year interfere with being fresh for the koori knockout!

SpaceCow

Juniors
latrell achieved everything in the nrl as a rooster, he's gone to souths to take on the challenge of winning the koori knockout. can't let semi finals or crucial games at this time of the year interfere with being fresh for the koori knockout!
So he's not over-rated?

Exsilium

First Grade
One or two games on the sidelines is not the major concern for Souffs IMHO.

Id be more concerned with the effects of Latrell having two weeks to binge on KFC.

At this rate, the earth will tilt on its axis and we’re all f**ked. Silver lining though, he doesn’t have a beach body so sea levels won’t be rising at least till December.

Nealo 12

Bench
It's not effort with Latrell, it's fitness.

He had 20 runs yesterday - that's the most times he has ever run the ball in a match his entire NRL career.

He isn't fit enough to run it that many times and push up play after play. He just isn't. And it's costly.
Thinking about this today , effort is also keeping fitness up to acceptable NRL standards. I think he's caught up in a celebrity lifestyle thing and believing the hype hence the Ado Carr decline with his stuff off field

Exsilium

First Grade
Id
Thinking about this today , effort is also keeping fitness up to acceptable NRL standards. I think he's caught up in a celebrity lifestyle thing and believing the hype hence the Ado Carr decline with his stuff off field

Id say he’d be alright in England with his current form but the cost of shipping would outweigh the benefits for any potential suitor.

Exsilium

First Grade
It Sam Burgess and Morris that are the problem apparently. One of them must have intercepted the uber eats delivery.

Imagine a world where you have to take away someone’s phone but not for being irresponsible on the internet but because they’d smash the corporate card on KFC family boxes.

Imagine a new finance employee…”hey, I was going through the P&L. Overall, good numbers but we’re leaking heavily on something called ‘South’s Care (WINK WINK)”

“you must be new, none of that stuff matters. What did you say your name was? Doesn’t matter, we don’t look at that anyway. With the pet memberships bringing in massive revenue, we can afford to look away…”