What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Latrell Mitchell overrated?

As thread title

• Yes

Votes: 66 81.5%
  • No

Votes: 15 18.5%

• Total voters

bedlam breakout

Juniors
some hindsight involved - BUT-how many souths fans would have rather kept hold of Adam Reynolds at a fraction of the price LM costs the club?

blue bags

First Grade
Rabbitohs fullback should be able to play like a fullback. Not a hybrid five eight. Centre. Winger. Part time fullback
Put latrell in Lock position
Make him work harder

Frailty

First Grade
I’ve never been too critical of Latrell. I’ve thought he was a great player who copped far more criticism than he has deserved in the past.

However, this season he has been playing like someone with an extremely poor attitude. He shows little to no effort out the back in defence, which has cost Souths a number of times this season. He needs to be held accountable, and until Demetriou does that, I wouldn’t be having any expectations of Latrell or Souths this season.

It's all well and good fopr Souths to play Latrell at fullback if it chooses to. That's the club's decision. Thing is they do so in attack, but its systems do not compensate for him not playing like a traditional fullback in defence. That's part of the reason why the "average punter in the street" questions his work ethic, as compared to other fullbacks, he is not in the conversation at least in defensive positioning/effort in my opinion.