What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Is Ricky Stuart the most overrated coach ever?

Paullyboy

Coach
This forward pack is the best one we've had in many years. Soliola is the closest thing to Wiki I've seen since he left. Vaughan is going to be a beast and Boyd is really starting to bloom. The fact we've finally got not one, but two, awesome dummy halves is a major factor as well.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
This forward pack is the best one we've had in many years. Soliola is the closest thing to Wiki I've seen since he left. Vaughan is going to be a beast and Boyd is really starting to bloom. The fact we've finally got not one, but two, awesome dummy halves is a major factor as well.

Dont forget PAGE is waiting for a call up.

nick87

Coach
His made a mistake not sticking by Cornish though, he could be a star if given this season to develop

he's signed Sezer to play halfback next year so neither Cornish or Williams are going to be the guy. So the fact he ballsed up the Cornish thing is irrelevant now

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
I'll admit that I was initially sick to the stomach when we announced his signing. But his knowledge of the club has helped him greatly.

Today in his presser you could see he has the team against everyone and that seems like a good tactic. In fairness he had a point that the Raiders are not receiving any respect from either the league or the media.

We pulled a 22-0 comeback and barely any coverage. We beat souths and the stories relate to how the bunnies have lost three in a row. Oh well..

Two years in and the team has definitely improved.

Glen

Bench
I'll admit that I was initially sick to the stomach when we announced his signing. But his knowledge of the club has helped him greatly.

Today in his presser you could see he has the team against everyone and that seems like a good tactic. In fairness he had a point that the Raiders are not receiving any respect from either the league or the media.

We pulled a 22-0 comeback and barely any coverage. We beat souths and the stories relate to how the bunnies have lost three in a row. Oh well..

Two years in and the team has definitely improved.

He can't have it both ways. When he is losing he deflects questions, says how talentless his players are, takes no responsibility and storms out of press conferences while getting an easy run from the media. Then he finally wins a few games and wants everyone to heap praise on his team

lynx000

Juniors
I have to say credit where it is due. I had my doubts whether he had the ability (or ever had) to turn things around with the raiders, but the signs this season are quite positive that Ricky has them on the right track. His recruits are doing a job for him and I wonder where they might be if one or two of the others that reneged had acutally come on board.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade

:(

I have nothing now.

I will say this - I am genuinely happy for Raiders fans. One of the better fan bases in terms of knowledge, undying support for their side etc etc. Their side is looking up and up, and they deserve it.

I just hate that this success reflects on Ricky the tosser.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
In my dreams, Ricky is given the Melbourne job after Bellamy steps away, runs it into the ground, earns them a fourth wooden spoon (if you have premierships stripped, you finished last in my eyes) and 500 blokes with nothing better to do are all the bums on the AAMI Park seats each week.

But I'm a Warriors fan so I know dreams don't come true.

POPEYE

Coach
In my dreams, Ricky is given the Melbourne job after Bellamy steps away, runs it into the ground, earns them a fourth wooden spoon (if you have premierships stripped, you finished last in my eyes) and 500 blokes with nothing better to do are all the bums on the AAMI Park seats each week.

But I'm a Warriors fan so I know dreams don't come true.

If you're a Warrior's fan you have more to worry about than what other teams are doing, your mob don't need to have points stripped to avert jealousy. I'm sure if Sticky went to Melbourne he'd take his ghost writer Austin along, he then could take over the coaching job full time and business as usual

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
If you're a Warrior's fan you have more to worry about than what other teams are doing, your mob don't need to have points stripped to avert jealousy. I'm sure if Sticky went to Melbourne he'd take his ghost writer Austin along, he then could take over the coaching job full time and business as usual

Exactly the opposite - I have to worry about what other sides are doing because my side gives me exactly no pleasure. If they were winning, I'd have no need to look for satisfaction elsewhere.

I'm sure a lot of players in Melbourne have 'get out if Ricky becomes our coach' second contract clauses hidden away in their secret cabinet in the bowels of AAMI Park.

legend

Coach
I am happy to eat humble in regards to Stuart. In just over a season he has discarded all the driftwood and built a winning culture whilst playing some awesome footy. Also, quality players now want to come to the club...

mongoose

Coach
However this season pans out Stuart's recruitment has been A+. I never expected Josh Hodgson to be this good. He and Austin have transformed this team. Austin still makes some poor decisions but he is so dangerous running the ball. Williams can just take a back seat and kick, which is all needs to do.

Paullyboy

Coach
His signings have been phenomenal. I was confident Austin would be good, I expected waqa to play well at times but I wasn't sure on soliola, hodgson or FPN. They've all been absolute studs.