What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Is Ricky Stuart the most overrated coach ever?

undertaker

Coach
The look on Ricky Stuart's face this arvo says it all

5210896-3x2-940x627.jpg

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Ricky during the week: "Don't worry boys, it's the Bulldogs without all their Origin players. Take it easy, don't get injured for the bigger stuff.

'We got dis'.

--Storm--

Juniors
He keeps saying his side has no origin quality players, can't be good for his team's over all confidence

He has several quality players imo.

betcats

Referee
He keeps saying his side has no origin quality players, can't be good for his team's over all confidence

He has several quality players imo.

This has been brought up before. The way he keeps throwing his team under the bus to give himself an excuse is pathetic and must have some effect on the players.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Did he say that recently? I remember him saying it last year but haven't heard it this season. Actually I haven't heard bad mouth the players at all this year.

nick87

Coach
Did he say that recently? I remember him saying it last year but haven't heard it this season. Actually I haven't heard bad mouth the players at all this year.

Well he had a quote only this week saying in regards to our players being snubbed for origin, something to the tune of "none of our players are good enough right now for that"

which aside from being a piss poor move IMO, is demonstatably false, given we have Papalii who has proven himself to be good enough to represent at the highest level, and Paul Vaughan who undoubtable one of NSW's best 4 front rowers.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Ahh that's a shame. I thought he had moved on from the Elliot style 'don't have the cattle' line. Not a great thing for players to hear.

betcats

Referee
Other than that he is havong a good year, made some great signings and had some great wins, he needs to cut that shit out.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I think he just likes to foster an us versus them mentality. I wouldn't read too much into what he says. He has working eyes, he knows how good Paul Vaughan is..

nick87

Coach
Yeah look I don't have too many complaints
He's doing a good job, the squad looks good, it's improving under him. I like the spine he's assembled for next year

My major gripe with him was the horrible way he was developing Cornish, last year was a debacle on that front, but buying Sezer makes that point moot, I also hate the way he handles the media at times, as per comments referenced above. Outside of that, I got no problems with the job he's done. If he stopped making negative public comments regarding our roster id be completely content

super_coach

First Grade
For the Ricky knockers, do you want JasonTaylor the man who has taken the five one out trundles and a bomb to a new level. In tigertown, the players are bored and the punters are bored. I would take Ricky any day over JT